GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,617
1 members and 1,616 guests
navane

Old 03-12-2001, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Survivor

i know this is not very important but i was wondering what everyone think Destiny's Child cd would be like. i happened to like them, although one of my friends said their songs are annoying.

i'm feeling that survivor song. it reminds me of my own undergrad chapter. some people try their hardest to hate on us but they fail to realize that we will always be around

------------------
the sexiest ladies in the world are laced in rubies and pearls.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-12-2001, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

You know what? This is weird because my friends and I were just talking about it. I try my hardest not to like Destiny's Child... but their songs are so real and so catchy that it's almost impossible to hate them! After every new dramatic event/member exit I swear I'm not gonna listen to them anymore - but I make a liar of myself everytime a new single comes out. I'm a self-professed bootlegger, so I have to admit I've had the Survivor mp3 for about a month and a half now.. and I'm still jammin it. I think it's better at showcasing their individual skills... and everybody gets some coverage in the video too. Guess I may as well give into it...
Old 03-13-2001, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I hate to say it, but I like that song too.

------------------
"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." ~Mohammed Ali
Old 03-13-2001, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I must admit on the down low, I'm feelin them to. As much as I want to hate them I can't. They are just to bubbly. I was talkin bout how much they love each other, how Kelley and Beyounce are so close, the best of friends yadeeya..... How Michelle was the perfect new member who brought the group together-- how everyone is hatin on them. And do not get me started on the parents... And LORD have mercy, every other program on MTV is about them, there crib, making of there new video, etc.....
But yeeesss SoRHOr's I watch every MTV segment about them, and get this, after I watched the making of SURVIVOR video, no I didn't log onto MTV.COM and watched even more about them.....ROTFLOL:-). And yesterday on the way home I almost had an accident because I was blasting SURVIVOR and dancin in my care.... So confess, I am a self proclaimed Destiny's child fan! DANG, THAT FEELS GOOD TO FINALLY ADMIT IT:-)! Thanks SoRHOr's, for without you this would not be possible:-)

GREATER SERVICE. GREATER PROGRESS.
EEEEEYYYYYIIIIIPPPPP
Old 03-13-2001, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

soror EFFERVESCENT,
you are just too much!!!
Old 03-15-2001, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I was just like everyone else and I was saying that I am through with Beyonce's child ( let's call them who they really are )

And I thought I was there this time, I 'm like that suvivor song is so nasty, and I can't stand it and everything, but tell me why did I but the single this weekend

I tried to convince myself I only brought it because it was on sale though

But I must say I am still listening to the writings on the wall. I just wish they would cutt out all the drama and figure out how many people they want in the group. they were turning in a 90's version of Menudo for a while there.
Old 03-15-2001, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

whenever i clean up, i jam that writing on the walls cd also! it is just filled with so much energy.
but sometimes i think about those other chics

their pics are on the cd cover and their voices are on the cd. i wonder how they feel not being in the "spot light" when the group wins awards.
Old 03-16-2001, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I really like Destiny's Child and I too tried so hard to hate them because I felt like Beyonce was taking up all the light. But, I must say I am really feeling survior becuase we actually got to hear the voices of Kelly (even though we've heard her before) and Michelle.
Rhoyal-Silence, did you know the girls who were in the group may not be shown on the awards BUT the still recieved grammys because they are the original voices on "writings on the wall"! They are also coming out with a new song with Jagged Edge and the group is called ANGELS!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

smiley,
i am so glad to hear that.

i hate to see talent go to waste. those other chics are still young and i am glad they have found something to occupy their time
Old 03-19-2001, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

i was in another forum (dst or aka) and there was a link to to an article in Sister 2 Sister about the other member Farrah. i thought it was very interesting.

the forum topic was something like "if u thought you hate beyonce" or something like that. forgive me for not being exact with all the facts. but u may want to check it out.