GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,303
1 members and 1,302 guests
speedsters

Old 04-28-2015, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Redelephant, glad you found a NPC sorority and had a great experience!
I hope you will discuss the hazing issues that happened in your former multicultural sorority with your school's Greek Life Director and save future women from hazing.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

redelephant, also hoping that you speak up about former hazing issues
Old 07-09-2015, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Have you spoken to your school about the hazing? If not , PLEASE DO SO before you graduate!
Old 06-12-2016, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello, I was actually browsing to see if anyone was in an MGC sorority, and I wanted to seek some advice in this thread? I will be starting as a freshman this fall also in a state school in California and they similarly only have MGC sororities. I really want to rush and participate in Greek life the next two years, but I will be transferring out to a different state school in my junior year which has all NPC sororities. So, if I rush and join an MGC sorority for these next two years, will I not be allowed to join an NPC one once I transfer out? I've been unable to find any rules clarifying this anywhere and I most definitely want to be in Greek life all four years. Also, how would this affect me in the eyes of the NPC sororities? Would they think it was, for lack of a better word, disrespectful to drop the sorority from a different school? Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redelephant93 View Post
Hey you guys!

SO I thought I would update...two years later... I ended up joining another sorority on campus because of my good friend in Panhellenic! I am now in Kappa Alpha Theta and I am about to graduate! I am currently in love with my sorority and joining was one of my best college decisions - even if I was so late in the game. If you were in the same boat as me, please feel free to message me! I would be happy to give you my feedback!
Old 06-13-2016, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificOtter View Post
Hello, I was actually browsing to see if anyone was in an MGC sorority, and I wanted to seek some advice in this thread? I will be starting as a freshman this fall also in a state school in California and they similarly only have MGC sororities. I really want to rush and participate in Greek life the next two years, but I will be transferring out to a different state school in my junior year which has all NPC sororities. So, if I rush and join an MGC sorority for these next two years, will I not be allowed to join an NPC one once I transfer out? I've been unable to find any rules clarifying this anywhere and I most definitely want to be in Greek life all four years. Also, how would this affect me in the eyes of the NPC sororities? Would they think it was, for lack of a better word, disrespectful to drop the sorority from a different school? Thank you so much!
The only rule for NPCs is that you not have been an initiated member of another NPC group. If you pledged a multi-cultural sorority, you would still be eligible to join an NPC group at your new school.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificOtter View Post
Also, how would this affect me in the eyes of the NPC sororities? Would they think it was, for lack of a better word, disrespectful to drop the sorority from a different school? Thank you so much!
We cannot tell you how the women of an NPC will feel about your leaving the commitment made to an MGC sorority. Technically, there is no rule that says you can't resign your MGC org and join an NPC. Personally, I would not be willing to consider your membership in my NPC knowing that you turned your back on your MGC affiliation. But that it strictly my personal opinion.

Joining a Greek organization is a serious decision to be made thoughtfully and should be for life. It is not a pair of shoes that you change when you change to a new outfit. If your choice is to attend different schools that have different sororities, that is a consequence of the choice.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

hi redelephant93! I am in a similar boat to you, except I want to go from a Panhellenic sorority to an Asian interest one. Is it possible?
Old 11-14-2016, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

That's up to the group you want to pledge.