GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,160
2 members and 1,158 guests
Sarak24034, Sen's Revenge

Old 07-29-2019, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Since this thread has evolved away from “seeing your letters somewhere you didn’t expect” to “seeing any letters anywhere, plus a catch-all area for random GLO references,” I’ll put this here. Today on The Talk, the topic was best birthday memories, and Sheryl Underwood talked about the time one of her Zeta Phi Beta sisters baked her a citrus cake and flew with it all the way from Florida to give to her. It was very sweet (pun intended, I guess).
Old 07-29-2019, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

At Target in midtown Manhattan tonight, saw a guy in a Delta Sigma Phi hat.

@~/~~~~
Old 08-04-2019, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw a woman running in a Kappa tshirt in NYC last week.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Cinderella might be a Delta Gamma...today I noticed a stray glittering shoe laying on the public sidewalk, next to a car with vanity plates indicating the car owner is likely a Delta Gamma...I won't list the actual license plate in case 'Cinderella' hasn't yet had her shoe found and returned by the right 'prince'!
Old 08-26-2019, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw an SDT at the Herald Sq/34th St subway station in Manhattan this morning... with letters on her butt.

Is this still a thing?

@~/~~~~
Old 08-27-2019, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Saw an SDT at the Herald Sq/34th St subway station in Manhattan this morning... with letters on her butt.

Is this still a thing?
Other common, identifiable 1970's clothing styles have made a comeback, so I guess that 'bad' one can, too.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Other common, identifiable 1970's clothing styles have made a comeback, so I guess that 'bad' one can, too.
Wait....were butt letters around the 1970s or am I misunderstanding your post? I remember butt letters being from the late 1990s and early 2000s!

True and Constant
Old 08-28-2019, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Wait....were butt letters around the 1970s or am I misunderstanding your post? I remember butt letters being from the late 1990s and early 2000s!
They certainly lasted much longer than the early 2000s, as I remember them well - and recall many conversations had here on GC about them - and I was initiated in 2004 and joined GC in 2008.

But yes, perhaps I misunderstood as well. Either that, or butt letters have been a thing for much longer than we realized!

ETA: it's late, I'm tired, I've had a couple glasses of wine, and now I suddenly can't stop laughing at "butt letters"

@~/~~~~
Old 08-29-2019, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
They certainly lasted much longer than the early 2000s, as I remember them well - and recall many conversations had here on GC about them - and I was initiated in 2004 and joined GC in 2008.

But yes, perhaps I misunderstood as well. Either that, or butt letters have been a thing for much longer than we realized!

ETA: it's late, I'm tired, I've had a couple glasses of wine, and now I suddenly can't stop laughing at "butt letters"
Oh yes, I wish I still had photos to prove it. Butt letters were in use in the Midwest in the 1970's. Now you're making me wonder whether they were in use during an even earlier era!

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

While driving back from DC to NYC yesterday, saw an Alpha Gamma Delta sticker on a car (with a CT license plate).

@~/~~~~
Old 09-30-2019, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
At Rosh Hashanah services this morning, I saw a guy wearing an AEPi yarmulke.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Saw a girl in an Alpha Xi Delta shirt on my Amtrak train last week.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

A few months ago I was at the clothing store I work at. A lady came up to buy something and had an Alpha Kappa Alpha shirt on.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 11-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Need some help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Sometimes a picture says a thousand words - this is genuine, not photoshopped!

Seriously, this came with the following email:

I have attached a little humor for you from Iraq. It's actually what
spawned my inquiry into the old chapter. One of my responsibilities out here with the Iraqi battalion is overseeing construction projects in support of the unit. I am having a fort built for one of my Iraqi companies and have a local construction contractor working for me. I was out at the construction site a couple weeks ago and saw one of the workers wearing an odd article of clothing that looked familiar. I called him over (which is a task when no translator is handy) and saw that he was wearing a sorority sweatshirt!! I about lost it. I yelled for my translator, then made him explain the sweatshirt and its meaning to the worker. Needless to say, he was not pleased to be wearing a "girl shirt". I explained that it meant he was part of a club (easier to explain club than "sorority") of a LOT of beautiful women, knowing first hand since I dated a few in my day, but he was still not pleased. So please, pass this on to the appropriate sorority sisters you know, and tell them that their rush efforts in Iraq are seriously slipping. This isn't the caliber I remember of their sorority at ASU. It might even be worth posting in the IFC office for all to enjoy.

I hope to talk to you again and see you at one of the events this fall.

ITB,
Joe Moye

Capt Joe Moye
Logistics Officer
Border Transition Team Three
5th Battalion, 3rd Iraqi Border Brigade
I forget (and can't find) who originally posted this, but if that person is here, OR has the original photo, I would really love a copy! Please, please let me know! For reference my post is #1484 in this thread. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-05-2019, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I forget (and can't find) who originally posted this, but if that person is here, OR has the original photo, I would really love a copy! Please, please let me know! For reference my post is #1484 in this thread. Thanks in advance!

If you right-click on the "kitten picture" and select "view image" (on a Mac at least), it takes me to your original PhotoBucket site, but still only shows the kitten. In the URL bar, it shows that the photo file was called, "ADPi_in_Iraq.jpg". I then went to Google and searched for "ADPi_in_Iraq.jpg".

You're welcome.

True and Constant