GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,822
1 members and 1,821 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Food/Drink that reminds you of your Fraternity/Sorority?

What food or drink reminds you personally of your Fraternity or Sorority?

This could be anything from the main dish at the theme party your fraternity threw every year to a drink that the only person who you've ever met who drank it was a sorority sister or anything else...
Old 06-11-2012, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Wine and cheese.

We had a wine and cheese mixer with a local sorority my Freshman year, so I always associate wine and cheese with that disaster, I mean mixer.

This is an interesting thread to start, though!

ETA: Also, mostaccoli. Every. Single. Event.

Parent dinner? Let's make mostaccoli.
Mixer? Mostaccoli?
Retreat? Definitely mostaccoli!
Event after retreat? Leftover mostaccoli!!!

Last edited by pshsx1; 06-11-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't look at falafel without thinking about the house cook we had when I was a junior. He was "earthy", and if you remember the Scooby Doo cartoons, he looked exactly like Shaggy. Let's just say that his idea of good food vs. what our housemother thought was good food were not the same and he did not work for us very long.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Frosted animal crackers. We served them at rush because they are pink and white.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Anthill Pie-crushed Oreo crust with Peppermint ice cream and Oreo crumbs on top. We served it at prefs.(all 4 years I was in college) and had it occasionally as dessert on Thursday nights-guest night. I make it every Christmas season.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Eggs and onions...Yep...one of my sisters made them one Sunday for brunch. OMG, nirvana........
Old 06-11-2012, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Spaghetti. We had a pasta feed for half our philanthropy and ate a form of pasta almost every Monday before chapter.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 06-11-2012, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Friday Fish Fry. Every Friday. My job was to come home from Happy Hour half-buzzed and make the tartar sauce for our cook, Anna. I had to mix mayo from an industrial-sized plastic jar with pickle relish. I don't remember how this became my regular job, but she counted on me every Friday, so I was always careful not to drink too much before I went back to the house. She was a nice lady.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Glass bottled Coca Cola. We've served them during formal recruitment for at least the past two years. The party theme is "Always Classic. Always AOII."
"To bind its members with a tie of true and lasting friendship..."
Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Chocolate dipped strawberries - we made the for prefs. One year half the pref committee was too sick to set up, thus - I made ALL of the chocolate dipped strawberries (we're talking hundreds.)
Girls from small chapters have to know how to do everything....
Old 06-11-2012, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GatorDG
Grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and hot chocolate!! We did not have many REALLY cold days but on those rare raw days it was great to be warmed up with Marie's cold weather fare!! I am sure there are some cringing with the calorie and carb counts but it was wonderful!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Frozen fruit salad. The year I was a rush counselor, my group & I were discussing the food served at the open house round. I'll always remember that conversation, because they were talking about how bad the food was - at my house. I sat there with my heart in my chest while I tried not to act too interested in what they were saying.

It seems that the fruit salad had not thawed out and was frozen, so it was hard to eat. I remember thinking, "I wonder just what happened?" I also felt really sad that I was not with my chapter.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Anthill Pie-crushed Oreo crust with Peppermint ice cream and Oreo crumbs on top. We served it at prefs.(all 4 years I was in college) and had it occasionally as dessert on Thursday nights-guest night. I make it every Christmas season.
It was one of our chapter's favorite desserts...and mine! Our house Mom always made sure it was on the menu at least twice a month! Another chapter favorite were the rice krispy treats. Our cooks made them two ways: plain and peanut butter with melted chocolate chips on the top. We had them every Friday night at walk through dinner. And my all time favorite lunches grilled cheese and tomato soup, we had it once a week.

Last edited by IndianaSigKap; 06-11-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbino View Post
Frozen fruit salad. The year I was a rush counselor, my group & I were discussing the food served at the open house round. I'll always remember that conversation, because they were talking about how bad the food was - at my house. I sat there with my heart in my chest while I tried not to act too interested in what they were saying.

It seems that the fruit salad had not thawed out and was frozen, so it was hard to eat. I remember thinking, "I wonder just what happened?" I also felt really sad that I was not with my chapter.
I think those bags of frozen fruit are tricky; the fruit never seems to have thawed out entirely when it's served. The half-frozen watermelon balls are the worst.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
We had this too only we called it grasshopper pie. I was never partial to it, but we served it at our pref parties and it was special to most of my sisters. I believe the Pi Phis on my campus had it as well...

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot