GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,233
1 members and 2,232 guests
Xidelt

Old 02-08-2007, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh dear. If the green and gold means she's from Baylor, we're disowning her right. now.

Takin' that MRS degree back 'til she can re-take and pass Wedding Planning 1101.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
so my aunt is in the early stages of wedding planning. sounds great right?

top 5 reasons why im against it:
5. the colors are seafoam green and gold (luckily im not in the wedding party but barf)
4. she is broke as a joke and is cutting corners in ways she shouldnt be (ie. expecting people to do "favors" like make her wedding dress, be the photographer, and "have her friend make a mix CD so she wont have to pay a band" WTF! making a dress is no small feat, and whoever is willing to do it for free must have lots of time and money. just because someone owns a digital camers does NOT make them a photographer, and a mix CD? yeah, 1998 is calling... and thats just tacky. and dont get me started on bringing tinfoil dishes)
3. she plans on inviting 150 guests, most of who are family members we havent seen in years and have assloads of children (sorry, i dont think children under like 12 should be at weddings, especially if youre trying to save $$. theyre not going to remember or care).
2. she's "hoping" that my mother (her "wedding planner") will "chip in" with the cost of the catering hall (shyte, yeah right)
1. ... she doesn't have an engagement ring because... surprise! the guy she's with (for less than a year mind you) had NO IDEA what's going on! her reasoning being "well, he's still going through stuff with is divorce so i dont want to bother him with this stuff." ummmmmmmm are you going to blindfold him the day of, give his an address and say "wear something nice?"

WEDDINGS SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISE PARTIES!

ok im done.
This post needs to report to the Ghetto Weddings thread, pronto.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
This post needs to report to the Ghetto Weddings thread, pronto.
i searched and cant find it. but i sho would post it! cause when ish goes down its gonna be a hot ass mess!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUGreekgirl View Post
Honestly, that is starting to look like a good option.

I mean hell, I thought guys like a girl who was a little bit of a challege. I was just trying to play the game. I didn't even go out w/ the guy and i just said I might go hang out w/ him. Besides, we haven't had the official 'what are we' talk yet, so as far as I know we were still just casually dating (it's only been 1 mnth) and we were still free to date other people. Guess I was wrong.........

Yes Guys and gals should take care while having....
Old 02-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsys View Post
Yes Guys and gals should take care while having....
Late night SPIZZAM!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

DR random #1 - tbere's this nupe who i think is kinda yummy... like applesauce. (trust me it makes sense in my head)
DR random #2 - if i was a guy, gabrielle union could get it. she's pretty.
DR random #3 - i still have no v-day date. this is sad.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Quote:
so my aunt is in the early stages of wedding planning. sounds great right?

top 5 reasons why im against it:
5. the colors are seafoam green and gold (luckily im not in the wedding party but barf)
4. she is broke as a joke and is cutting corners in ways she shouldnt be (ie. expecting people to do "favors" like make her wedding dress, be the photographer, and "have her friend make a mix CD so she wont have to pay a band" WTF! making a dress is no small feat, and whoever is willing to do it for free must have lots of time and money. just because someone owns a digital camers does NOT make them a photographer, and a mix CD? yeah, 1998 is calling... and thats just tacky. and dont get me started on bringing tinfoil dishes)
3. she plans on inviting 150 guests, most of who are family members we havent seen in years and have assloads of children (sorry, i dont think children under like 12 should be at weddings, especially if youre trying to save $$. theyre not going to remember or care).
2. she's "hoping" that my mother (her "wedding planner") will "chip in" with the cost of the catering hall (shyte, yeah right)
1. ... she doesn't have an engagement ring because... surprise! the guy she's with (for less than a year mind you) had NO IDEA what's going on! her reasoning being "well, he's still going through stuff with is divorce so i dont want to bother him with this stuff." ummmmmmmm are you going to blindfold him the day of, give his an address and say "wear something nice?"

WEDDINGS SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISE PARTIES!

ok im done.
OH MY.

Quote:
i searched and cant find it. but i sho would post it! cause when ish goes down its gonna be a hot ass mess!
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...hetto+weddings

It's a jungle out there.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Unregistered-

Dear 33girl,

I have one more word for your vocabulary list.

MULTI-TASKING.

Details shall be posted shortly.

Love,
OTW
Old 02-25-2007, 05:42 PM

I really really like this boy....
Old 02-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef the Pef View Post
OTW--wow. My dad had a minor stroke a while ago and it ended up messing up part of his left hand. It's amazing what they can do with rehab on strokes--he's back to normal and uses all his fingers like he never had a stroke. I hope your uncle recovers soon!
Good news to report. He took a turn for the worst shortly after having that stroke when his brain started swelling, but what happened after = miracle. He opened his eyes for the first time about a week later. And a few days after that, he even smiled at me.

He's been out of the ICU for a few weeks now and is now in his own private room while he goes through rehab. Mom said that he's even able to walk with the assistance of a walker now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinChicaDDD View Post
I really really like this boy....
So does this mean Cara and Sandy Do America 2007 will stop in Vegas instead of LA?

I really really like my boy too. You'll meet him in April if he doesn't manage to piss me off before then.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

i dreamt me and the old boy got married, bought an apartment and hosted a dinner party. i dont know if im more sad because it was a dream or because i still have feelings for him.

or because i dreamt about marriage - which is something im not interested in at all. but all my marriage dreams involve him... now that disturbs me.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Glad to know your uncle is doing better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
So does this mean Cara and Sandy Do America 2007 will stop in Vegas instead of LA?

I really really like my boy too. You'll meet him in April if he doesn't manage to piss me off before then.

The stopage point for Sandy and Cara Do America 2007 is up for debate...but mainly because he promised me that if I move, he will pay for my flight to HNL whenever I feel the need to catch some Hawaiian sun. And he also promised to pay for the flight to ATL whenever I feel like I might want children in the near future. And if I hate el desert after a year, he'll move where ever I want. I'm still weighing the options...and waiting to hear from jobs/grad schools.

But don't worry, regardless of where I end up, I WILL be around for Bayfest. Oh yes, I will be around for Bayfest.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Unregistered-

I bit the bullet.

I changed my MySpace status this morning.

I'm so glad he doesn't have one.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:44 PM

Words that when used with "tone" make boys go away forever:

"Whatever"
"Hello"
Old 02-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Words that when used with "tone" make boys go away forever:

"Whatever"
"Hello"
Let me know when you want me to send my leftovers over your way.