GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,461
1 members and 1,460 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 01-30-2003, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

"That is not how an American Idol should act!!!" -my favorite quote from the evening.

I laughed like an evil witch when that girl who didn't go on to the next round was crying hysterically and made everyone sing "happy birthday" to her. Trust me, sweetheart, all across America hearts are breaking because on your birthday, you didn't move onto the next round.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-30-2003, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.idolonfox.com/video/

OMG the bad auditions are hilarious
Old 02-05-2003, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Kimberly, JD Adams, Julia, and Charles were very good tonight.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaTarzan
Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen

And the crazy stalker "Enrique" wanna-be... sorry, i am afraid only Enrique can hit those notes... (or screams) and make them sound decent.
HE GOES TO MY UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he was in my room mate's psych and women class last semster. he used to wear his hair slicked down to his face, not its like spiky and tall.. lol.. he was always a strange one.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I think they were pretty decent last night, but most of them picked some really boring songs. I think either the chick who sang "How Will I Live" or that Bettis dude will get the boot.

Next week's group needs to pick songs that will sound better on a piano. I think the fact that this bunch did not do that made it seem like they weren't singing well.

How many people get cut tonight?
Old 02-05-2003, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
Only 2 move on to the next round.

I thought most of them sounded a little off last night---not bad but not like the next big thing. I personally think Julia is more talented then her blond "rival" but I missed the beginning of the show last night so I don't know how the blonde did. I'm pretty neutral on who moves on from that group. I'm looking forward to hearing Frenchie and Reuben (?)---the guy from Birmingham. They've had Reuben's mom on the radio morning shows talking about American idol and all of the "behind the scenes" stuff
Old 02-05-2003, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

American Idol...my thoughts

Okay, saw the entire show last night (now that it comes before "24")...

Kim: Because her voice mirrors mine a bit, I generally really like her. Errrr, not her best performance last night: "Come to My Window" is naughty and a bit sassy: Kim was off-key the entire time. I've heard her better. And the fit: some folks may like the tone-on-tone: Halle did it and I was awed. Her: not.

Patrick: It's just creepy to hear a man that looks a bit like Luther Vandross sing a song performed by a woman (Toni Braxton). I didn't mind his outfit: he looked like Mr. Big from the Isley Brothers. His dad though: all bad (is Patrick a grown man or what?)

Trenyce: She was my first place vote. In spite of the name change, and the fact that she growled a bit too much, I think she did some justice to this Bonnie Raitt cover. Outfit was not a great choice though.

JD: Be very careful covering Stevie. He. did. not. do. it. well.

Bettis: sigh. Okay, the BoysIIMen song is designed for four (4) voices. To try and sing a four part harmony with one person: can we say "bad song choice."

Meosha: Cute girl and off key the entire time. This is a song that conveys a lot of emotion (not crying, but more yearing). She didn't get it done.

Charles: my second favorite performer of the night. I thought he did total justice to Stevie's "Overjoyed." I really don't think he's AI material per se, but I would love to see him get picked up by a label, cleaned up with soem training and then launched as a Donnell Jones, neo-soul esque guy.

Julia: I really like her voice, but she just looks trashy to me. I don't think it was a good song choice (Dusty Springfield's Son of a Preacher Man is a hard one to cover, and she didn't exude enough sex and sassy to pull it off).

So I voted for Trenyce and Charles, but I predict that Kimberly and Julia will make it to the next round.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never watched the show because I know I wouldn't like it. I did, however, see a little tiny segment of it on the morning news today. I have one question.

WTF is up with that Simon dude? Okay, because I don't live in a cave, I've heard all about what an ass he is and how he's obnoxious and all that. But this morning was the first time I've ever seen him. That's him? What? Dude was lookin' like some half assed wanna be pimp from the early 80s, with his ugly white halfway unbuttoned shirt. This loser who can't even put on an outfit to look decent on tv has the nerve to be ripping on other people all the time? Huh????
Old 02-05-2003, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

That's what I don't understand. He actually comes off as a mild mannered guy, and shit, if I had to sit there and listen to horrible auditions for 8 hours, I'd be an ass in that situation too.

Do people actually think they can sing? I KNEW I couldn't, that's why i played 4 instruments in HS.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

See I am the kind of the person who thinks I can SING when I am in the car singing along with my CD. Then when I get in the shower by myself I am like...oh. LOL. I am sure these people have sung along with their favorite CD and convinced themselves they sound good. I don't know, man.

But valkyrie, I think Simon is kinda cute. And some of those people need to be told the truth. They KNOW better than to come on national television and make fools of themselves.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I've never watched the show because I know I wouldn't like it. I did, however, see a little tiny segment of it on the morning news today. I have one question.

WTF is up with that Simon dude? Okay, because I don't live in a cave, I've heard all about what an ass he is and how he's obnoxious and all that. But this morning was the first time I've ever seen him. That's him? What? Dude was lookin' like some half assed wanna be pimp from the early 80s, with his ugly white halfway unbuttoned shirt. This loser who can't even put on an outfit to look decent on tv has the nerve to be ripping on other people all the time? Huh????
WOW.

I thought that I was the only person who thought that.

But, I gotta say he does make the show more entertaining.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 02-05-2003, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

why oh why did joe millionaire make a stupid appearance????

he is just a big ole ogre
Old 02-06-2003, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

The final three Julia, Kimberly, and Charles were on my list. I was pretty surprised that Kimberly wasn't one of the final two. Maybe she'll be the wildcard.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
i need a recap... i missed it. who made it!?
Old 02-06-2003, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen
i need a recap... i missed it. who made it!?
Charles and Julia move on to the next round. The judges all agrees that Kimberly was the best of that group. The voting public put her in the top three, but not the top two.