GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,021
2 members and 1,019 guests
Titchou, zabryashulze790

Old 06-01-2001, 07:01 PM
c&c1913

Quote:
Originally posted by Rain Man:
Zeta as in Zeta Phi Beta or Zeta Tau Alpha?

RM
Zeta as in Zeta Phi Beta. My friend told me that she spoke with a Zeta who said she had taken a picture with her and it's hanging in their chapter office. Now this is third hand info (at least), so I was just wondering.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-02-2001, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I just wanted to clarify something. Debbie Allen is indeed a member of DST. I graduated from Howard University and have seen the delta sorors "ooo-oop" her with my own two eyes at football games; I have seen her do the pyramid hand sign when she sat right NEXT to me (I studied dance and therefore was in the College of Fine Arts - the same college she and Phylicia graduated from). I highly doubt that the woman would front and I doubt even more than the members of Delta, Alpha chapter would call her if she wasn't indeed a member of their organization.

also, just to add more cents in the pot, haha...as a dancer, and therefore performer, I have to portray different characters. as someone else already pointed out, if an actor is playing a part, and that part calls for them to be a member of a greek organization, then so be it. I don't find it disrespectful in any way because when that scene is done the shirt comes off.
Old 06-02-2001, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Junie,
maybe the person seated next to you was a "double", a "stand-in"...LOL

JUST A JOKEY JOKE!

But seriously, can someone PUHLEEZE CALL DEBBIE AND ASK HER HER STATUS? HE HE

:confused"
Old 06-03-2001, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
I have been involved in the theatre most of my life and it is very disrespectful for those who are not members of XYZ fraternity and sorority to wear the letters across their chests.

True, if one must portray a role then so be it, but just like in A Different World, they made up orgs. and also in School Daze.

I saw a guy model a with a Kappa shirt and on another page model an Omega shirt in a magazine...I think he was out of line. Out of respect for those who are members I don't think actors/actress should wear the letters of those orgs. if they are not members.

------------------
"Director" #2
LaMarque Alumnae Chapter
Spr 99
Old 06-03-2001, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by RENEEDST_22:
I am not sure about her either, but I do know that Rudy from "The Cosby Show", did pledge Delta at Spelman
I recently read that she earned her degree from Spelman on May 20th!

Dayum, I know I'm OLD now!
Old 06-13-2001, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

FYI on the Tim Reid issue....
Old 06-13-2001, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by the411:
So has anyone heard that Kelly Shanygne Williams (Laura Winslow on Family Matters) is a Delta? People were telling me about an episode of Moesha that she was on a while back on which she was a stepshow MC and she said something to the effect of "Let me say wassup to my beautiful sorors" then she did the Delta call and threw up the Pyramid! I never saw it, but a few folks mentioned it to me.
That episode probably referenced Delta because the creator and executive producer of the show Moesha, Sara V. Finney, is a Delta!

Here's the bio from when she won a WIF award:
http://wif.org/yearbook/writers_finney.html

Vi
Old 06-15-2001, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I read the bio (soror got it goin' on!) and I like/love all the shows she wrote for EXCEPT Married...with Children. I detest that show almost as much as the Simpsons and Roseanne. YUCK!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Virtuous_Violet:
That episode probably referenced Delta because the creator and executive producer of the show Moesha, Sara V. Finney, is a Delta!

Here's the bio from when she won a WIF award:
http://wif.org/yearbook/writers_finney.html

Vi

------------------
MCCOYRED
Mu Psi '86
BaltCo Alumnae

Dynamic...Salient...Temperate...Since 1913
Old 06-18-2001, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Sorors, Could you please tell me if Lil' Mo is a Soror? My sister called me on the phone and stated that she throws up the Delta sign and gives shout outs.

DST till the day that I die

------------------
"The Regulator"
Toledo Alumnae Chapter
Old 06-18-2001, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Reds6 Send a message via Yahoo to Reds6
I'm not sure, but I heard that her roommate in college is a Soror and a number of her close friends. But that she isn't.

Quote:
Originally posted by salexan3:
Sorors, Could you please tell me if Lil' Mo is a Soror? My sister called me on the phone and stated that she throws up the Delta sign and gives shout outs.

Old 06-18-2001, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by salexan3:

I do not think lil Mo is a member of your illustrious sorority, but she is a member of the "dynasty" (you know, Jay Z and 'nem) and they throw up a triangle/pyramid type thingy as their symbol. Someone discussed this earlier but I'm not exactly sure where it is on greekchat.

------------------
*someday...if it's in God's will*
Old 06-11-2002, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by c&c1913
I was talking to another greek sister the other day and she said that Judge Judy is a Zeta. I was wondering if it was true?
I watched a Lifetime intimate portrait on Judge Judy and they didn't mention her being a member of any sorority. She got married while she was still in school, so she probably didn't have the time.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosDST
I saw that particular episode of Moesha (with the soror who played Laura Winslow on "Family Matters.") I couldn't see if he actually had on letters, though. I know there are instances in sitcoms where nonmembers will wear red and/or step with canes--but as long as they do not have on letters, it is "okay."

I saw the episode, too. Moesha's ex had on the letters and he stepped with the Kappas. Moesha's father has worn the letters on a few occasions and if I'm not mistaken, I've heard him say "Yo, Baby" a few times.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Queencece
About Brands

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonRage
My father is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi and has a brand, a diamond with a K in the middle on both of his arms. He has had these since he pledged in 1970. I have also seen members of all organizations, fraternities as well as sororities with brands. This practice is not exclusive to Omega Psi Phi.

------------------
P.H.A.S.A.D.
D.S.G.H.O.S.T.S.
LAMBDA
4/15/00

Also, Montell Jordan is a Kappa and also has the diamond with a K in the middle. Just adding to the topic
Old 04-23-2013, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Debbie Allen is NOT a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha but Soror Phylicia Rashad is. She pledged Alpha Chapter.

[QUOTE=the411;64324]
Quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Mocha:
[b]

Debbie Allen pledged AKA at Howard, just like Phylicia (her sister) did.

------------------
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Pi Kappa, SP97
#3 of QUINTESSENCE