GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,165
3 members and 2,162 guests
LaneSig, Xidelt

Old 11-18-2008, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

two chapters with the same sorority...

i'm a new member, and i want to get as involved as possible in my chapter, especially with the philanthropies. while my chapter has 4 philanthropies--sorry if that gives it away ;-)--we would love to be involved with all of them. or i would at least. but another chapter on campus happens to have one of the same philanthropies, AND that philanthropy happens to have been founded by an alum of our chapter. how do we go about 'sharing' this philanthropy?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolee103 View Post
i'm a new member, and i want to get as involved as possible in my chapter, especially with the philanthropies. while my chapter has 4 philanthropies--sorry if that gives it away ;-)--we would love to be involved with all of them. or i would at least. but another chapter on campus happens to have one of the same philanthropies, AND that philanthropy happens to have been founded by an alum of our chapter. how do we go about 'sharing' this philanthropy?
I doubt that a charity will turn down help because someone else is already donating time/money. If it's something your chapter is interested in doing, you may consider doing a joint project with the other organization.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like a great opportunity! Just approach the other chapter about doing a joint project. This seems like a wonderful chance to bring together more hands and resource while fostering good relations on campus.

Be a Volunteer!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

You mentioned in another thread that you are in a new chapter at your school, and you feel that some of the other groups are not as welcoming as they could be. Working cooperatively with another sorority on your philanthropy would be a wonderful way to start/build a relationship.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn Liebowitz View Post
You mentioned in another thread that you are in a new chapter at your school, and you feel that some of the other groups are not as welcoming as they could be. Working cooperatively with another sorority on your philanthropy would be a wonderful way to start/build a relationship.
Definitely! Panhellenic spirit needs to start somewhere, why not have it start with your chapter, reaching out to the other one(s)? Especially with something as universal as philanthropy. My chapter does a lot of service projects with other sororities on campus, whether they apply to "Choose Children" or not. Any service is good service!