GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,255
1 members and 1,254 guests
LaneSig

Old 06-11-2002, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

How We Treat Each Other

I was sitting at my desk at work observing how we as black women treat each other. What do you think we can do to improve our relationships?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-11-2002, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
We can start by asking more questions...

rather than blankly making assumptions about a person's motives.

I think another good outreach would be to simply be courteous...I know it sounds simplistic...it is, but many sisters won't even say hello to another sister these days simply because they think, someone is trying to get something from them.

We have become a society where we look for the bad stuff first...as opposed to seeking the good in people.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Dovey
so true

I was thinking about this very subject this morning, because my morning was blessed when two sistas actually acknolwdged me and SPOKE to me this morning. I've realized how hard it is for some people, ESPECIALLY sistas to speak and acknowledge another sista. I think that is so sad. It is true that we think that if someone speaks that they want something from us. But we have to come out of that mind set and know that it is just good to acknowledge and smile at each other, because those things, more often than not, can make or break someone's day. I can't count how many times I've smiled at someone and they've told me how it blessed their day.

I think another reason why we women don't acknowledge each other is because we think everything is a competition.

Does anyone agree?
Old 06-12-2002, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Interesting..

Having been hurt by other black women, I am trying to make a conscious effort to be civil to other sistas. Slowly, but surely, I am getting better. Because of a lot of things that happened to me, I am VERY wary of Sistas, which is sad, b/c I should NOT be. I"m trying to forgive them, but it is hard to do.

Fortunately, I have met a lot of positive Sistas thru Zeta, so it might not be as hard as I thought.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I've always said that I normally get along with males more so than females b/c with males there's no competition going on. Once they realize they're not getting "a piece" LOL, we get along just fine. But with my sistas it's hard.

There's been times where a sista will voluntarily tell me her business and ask for advice and the next thing you know a second head/fac burst out of her next.

It's very didheartening because we will never progress as a people at the rate we're going.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Cateye: I'm like that too (get along better with guys than girls), and was told that I had to be doing "something" in order for these guys to like me. Because I am not into fashion, or casual sex or whatever girlie things girls are supposed to do, I got called out of my name a LOT. By Sistas.. sad, aint that?
Old 06-13-2002, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

This is a very interesting topic.

I'm a college student and I have a group of friends that consists of male and female. The males are always complaining how the females never speak on campus and for the most part it's true. Whenever I see a bronze face on my campus, I always make it a point to smile and say hello. I remember one incident a pretty sista walked past me and I looked at her because I was about to speak and she gave me that "what the f--- are you looking at me" for look. I have a quick tongue so I was about to say" I was going to speak to your &^^*^&" but I decided not to.Also, I can pretty much remember all the people who speak and don't speak.

I have a female friend who was going to rent an apt. next year near campus.She said she was going to get one with a few white females that she didn't know. I asked her why would she do that and she said in her exact words " I don't want to live with no black hoes". I found it sad and disturbing that she didn't want to live with her fellow sisters.

In general, I think we should be friendly to our brothers and sisters because you never know when you might need their help and vice versa.