GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,598
0 members and 2,598 guests
No Members online

Old 09-03-2009, 06:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Rush outfits

I just realized that clothes are quite important when rushing from reading previous posts.. Most of the posts are about a few years back though. It sounds like a lot of the clothing should be conservative, is that true? Then again, I'm going to a socal school.. maybe they're more laid back about it? I'm not too sure.. that's why I'm asking for advice.

Day 1: Info Night
Day 2:Open House Night
Day 3:Philanthropy Day
Day 4:Preference Night
Day 5:Bid Day

For day one or two, I was going to wear a printed tube top and dark jeans with black leather flip flops. I know a lot of people would be against tube tops, but I think it's casual enough D: I have small breasts so showing/spilling cleavage won't be too much of a problem either.

I realized I don't have much clothes.. so I have to go shopping soon. : ( Any suggestions?

I went to a high school where people never wore heels or dressed up to go out, so.. my closet is full of casual clothes. I only own business heels.. and heels I wore for prom. hahah.. :\

Last edited by jenuwin; 09-16-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-03-2009, 03:26 PM

I take it that tube top is the baby doll style, not tight the whole way down your midriff?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

No, it's not tight down my midriff. :]
Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there a suggested dress code on the greek life web site for your school? I know so cal is laid back, but I would avoid shorts or tshirts. Your round one outfit sounds nice. You usually want to step it up a little bit each day with what you wore from the previous day.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

The website hardly talks about Greek life. It tells you what it is and what sororities and fraternities there are.. but that's about it. :\
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 PM

When you resigtered for recruitment, were you assigned a Rho Chi/Rho Gamma? Usually they can tell you what you should wear.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Ohh, I didn't register yet.. I plan to register when I move in, so I can use my dorm address for stuff.

Would this be acceptable for open house night? o_o http://www.forever21.com/images/model/63366100-07.jpg
Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I would go with what others have to say. Talk to your recruitment counselor. What may be acceptable at your school may not be acceptable at another school. Like at my school I would suggest wearing a cardigan with that tube top. If it is hot a nice skirt would be a great alternative to shorts. If you don't feel comfortable wearing heels, a nice pair of flats are also a great alternative.

Last edited by Musicwalksuhome; 09-04-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I am pretty sure I know what school you go to, and as far as I know, it's pretty laid back and casual. Your first day outfit sounds great (tube top + jeans). I too would avoid t-shirts and shorts just to be safe.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe I know what school you're talking about. (THIS IS A FIRST LADIES!). The "official" book may say that flipflips and shorts are ok. My advice? Don't...you can be casual but not sloppy. I know a girl who is rushing who is convinced that cutoff jeans and flipflops will get her into any house she wants. The dress that is posted is adorable, casual and put together. The sisters are working very hard for recruitment. Personally I think that it is respectful to show up to someone's home in clothes that fit the occasion.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenuwin View Post
Would this be acceptable for open house night? o_o http://www.forever21.com/images/model/63366100-07.jpg
Normally, I would say RUN AWAY from Forever21 for recruitment (and life in general, unless you're Julia Roberts looking for Richard Gere), but that's actually sort cute (if it's long enough).