GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,625
1 members and 2,624 guests
Joobee

Old 12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

SPRING RECRUITMENT AT UGA

I noticed on the UGA website that all sororities are participating in Spring recruitment. This is very unusual. I was wondering if anyone knew why it is different this time. FYI to some..my daughter is not participating so I am not being a "helicopter" parent..just curious. I don't remember Ga. ever doing this.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywin View Post
I noticed on the UGA website that all sororities are participating in Spring recruitment. This is very unusual. I was wondering if anyone knew why it is different this time. FYI to some..my daughter is not participating so I am not being a "helicopter" parent..just curious. I don't remember Ga. ever doing this.
You just can't let it go, can you?

It's likely that all sororities have a few spots to fill.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not surprised that you would be the first to reply. Like I said I was only curious as being a former greek at Ga. I can never remeber doing a complete spring rush. I was only wondering why they changed this year.
Let go ?? Can you please get over my posts that I have admitted were wrong and move on.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe they are raising total?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope this thread is fantastic.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
I am not surprised that you would be the first to reply. Like I said I was only curious as being a former greek at Ga. I can never remeber doing a complete spring rush. I was only wondering why they changed this year.
Let go ?? Can you please get over my posts that I have admitted were wrong and move on.
You know, had you not even bothered to mention your previous helicopter parenting, I probably wouldn't have replied. Quit playing the damn martyr.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

To those of you who have knowledge on this post, please reply.
OTW you average 5 posts per day on this site..where does all your knowledge come from ?? Just wondering..Get over your feelings towards me and reply with some help for some UGA girls who may be thinking about going through Spring Rush
Old 12-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
To those of you who have knowledge on this post, please reply.
OTW you average 5 posts per day on this site..where does all your knowledge come from ?? Just wondering..Get over your feelings towards me and reply with some help for some UGA girls who may be thinking about going through Spring Rush
Relax.

I believe total at UGA may have been raised. It's also likely that the sororities have spots open due to winter grads.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for your reply. In my day we did not have any type of Spring Rush. I think this is great for all the girls who went through in the fall and did not pledge for one reason or another. Good luck to all of them.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Fanatstic ?? I hope you mean that some of the wonderful girls who went through in the Fall and for one reason or another did not pledge, maybe will have another chance.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And here we go again.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm.....I have the strange feeling I out of the loop about the OP and a previous post....

Anyways, back to the question....Like it has been said, its pretty simple when a sorority does informal or COB. They have spots to fill and it can because of various reasons, raised total or quota, they had members graduate, etc.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is? Most sororities participate in COB at some point, and it can be a great time to recruit members.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
Maybe they are raising total?
That would be my guess.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post

I honestly don't see what the big deal is? Most sororities participate in COB at some point, and it can be a great time to recruit members.

At some of the more competitive schools, COB doesn't happen often because the chapters regularly reach total via formal recruitment. It is also the case at these schools that if a chapter DOES have open spots, they are filled without publicized COB events (or in some cases not filled) because chapters don't want to be identified as one that is not at total and had to COB, as the chapter may not be viewed as a strong one (though that may not actually be the case at all)..

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I know that at our school if a few sororities (I guess in our case it would be the majority) do not make quota they make everyone rush again in the spring regardless of how many girls each can take ours ranged anywhere from one sorority taking 5 to another taking 20. This could be a new rule implemented at UGA, and another reason other than raising total mid-way through a year.