GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,717
1 members and 1,716 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Rushing as a sophmore at WSU

Im a freshman at WSU and have decided to do formal recruitment at WSU in the fall. Some of my main concerns include:
1) What if i do not recieve a bid from any house? and what are the chances of this?
2) many places said that most upperclassman are offerered to move into their houses right away. How often does this happen?
3) What are some questions I should ask the chapters that Im interested in to make the best decision for myself?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 PM

Please clarify WSU. Wright State? Washington State? Wayne State? Wichita State?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

washington state!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I know there are a couple of women who are current members of sororities at Wazzu who could give you better information than I can.

There is always a chance of not receiving a bid, and frankly there is no way that any of us could tell you where you fall in the probability. Just realize it can happen, but none of us will know why or how. It isn't unrealistic for you to have a successful recruitment as a sophomore, but you may not have as many parties or invites for whatever reason and just keep in mind you can only accept one bid.

I'm going to make an assumption that you could be from the Westside and you should start networking back home and get in touch with the Alumnae Panhellenics there to secure recs to give you the best possible opportunity for membership. If this is something completely foreign to you or you're from a more rural area PM me as I'm in the area and know people here and elsewhere who do that sort of thing. Women who have known you a long time and personally are great rec resources and Alumnae Panhellenics and random alumnae should not be your first point of contact. Ask your friends from high school, their parents, teachers, people from church, your parents' friends, and men are often married to sorority women so start that process now.

The moving in right away thing can happen, but there are factors involved that vary from chapter to chapter and as this is lease signing time in Pullman you have to decide if you want to pick a place now and not live in the chapter house and/or break a lease; or take the chance that you will be offered a bid and be able to move in ASAP, and if you can't move in or don't get a bid it isn't like you can't find somewhere to live in Pullman at the last minute. There could be women not returning to school, studying abroad, and so on and there may be beds open, or there may not be.

As to your last question, that's for later (summer is good) and get good grades this spring, keep a good rep on campus/facebook, and be friendly with sorority women you may know, but not creepy. Your recs will be more useful after grades post in May, and hopefully you've joined some clubs, hall government, read to children, volunteered, etc. so you have something to make you stand out.