GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,199
1 members and 2,198 guests
Titchou

Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Best time to send letters of recommendation

Is there an optimal time to have letters of recommendation sent in for fall recruitment at an SEC school? Obviously the "July flood" should be avoided, but it seems to me that if they go in too early, when no one is paying attention, that this could be a problem too. May or June seems most logical to me, but what do you GCer's think?

Last edited by auskip; 03-01-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

you need to wait till after graduation so that you can include any honors etc. you may receive. My daughter sent hers in June.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootiepie View Post
you need to wait till after graduation so that you can include any honors etc. you may receive. My daughter sent hers in June.
Good point.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 PM

I'd check with your alumnae panhellenic if they're helping you with recs, I've seen some say that they don't help with recs after July, and there are some schools/chapters that require them to be in as early as July 1.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I'd check with your alumnae panhellenic if they're helping you with recs, I've seen some say that they don't help with recs after July, and there are some schools/chapters that require them to be in as early as July 1.
Thanks, KSUViolet06. Unfortunately, the alumnae panhellenic in our area is no longer active. I did check the Auburn University Panhellenic website and they indicate that rec letters can be sent in before registration opens with Auburn's Panhellenic on June 1. So...this suggests to me that the best time to have the letters sent in would be May, if not sooner.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

in times past i have seen the address and the suggested dates for sending recs. on each individual sorority's site at auburn. have you checked each site?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
in times past i have seen the address and the suggested dates for sending recs. on each individual sorority's site at auburn. have you checked each site?
Thank you for the suggestion FSUZeta. I reviewed each sorority's website and two of them indicated that they would be accepting rec letters with the start of the summer. The others only mentioned a final deadline, or nothing at all. Since Auburn's summer session starts May 20th, I would assume that's the earliest we would want to have them sent.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auskip View Post
Thank you for the suggestion FSUZeta. I reviewed each sorority's website and two of them indicated that they would be accepting rec letters with the start of the summer. The others only mentioned a final deadline, or nothing at all. Since Auburn's summer session starts May 20th, I would assume that's the earliest we would want to have them sent.
glad i could help! i think waiting until after the spring semester is over and the summer semester has begun is a good decision.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Many of them want copies of the PNM's high school transcript, including the final semester grades. So, get 'em ready, and then add the final transcript as soon as it's available, and get them off. That would probably be the first couple of weeks of June.