GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,359
0 members and 1,359 guests
No Members online

Old 04-26-2006, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I know there are alot of rumors. One of the worst I have heard was at OU a few years back.....and I am pretty sure it was all true, and I believe SAE got kicked off for it for a while. I assume you know what I am talking about. I have seen the places in the house where it all occurred. ( I am an SAE by the way.)

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
Hazing stories are always in plentiful supply during fall rush. A few years back, it was rumored that my chapter filled up our bathtub with piss and other things and made our pledges take turns sitting in it.

I can verify that the rumor is false.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
And Should Still Be!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I heard a rumor that at Indiana, some people get zippied by zambonis.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by macallan25
I know there are alot of rumors. One of the worst I have heard was at OU a few years back.....and I am pretty sure it was all true, and I believe SAE got kicked off for it for a while. I assume you know what I am talking about. I have seen the places in the house where it all occurred. ( I am an SAE by the way.)
It's hard to keep up with the scandals at the OU houses. Some of those places just have no clue about discretion.

The rumors at OSU for some houses were pretty disgusting as well. The chapter that immediately comes to mind had a hole in the wall where pledges had to 'prove' how much they loved their house (use your imagination).

Probably the craziest thing I've ever heard about Greek-related was from OSU where someone blew up (with dynamite) a goat on Farmhouse's porch. That almost has to be true. No one could make up something like that.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-26-2006, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

OU? OSU? Ohio or Oklahoma?

As for all the U of Mich stories, it's no surprise that 9 GLOs were investigated and at least 3 closed last year due to those types of behavior. We had a couple U of Mich threads in the Risk Management forum last year and almost a death a year. No deaths this year, no groups shut down for hazing this year. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

ktsnake: In regards to your comments about alcohol and hazing combined, don't forget about the people who died of water intoxication or who suffered from extreme exertion. Back in my day (early to mid 80's), most hazing I saw occur was combined with alcohol. In some cases, groups continued the same behavior but substituted water, thinking that it couldn't hurt to drink tons of water.

As for things like throwing raw meat at new members while they are standing on tables... I just don't see the point. Why would that be fun for anybody? What purpose would it serve? It certainly wouldn't have a place in Alpha Gamma Delta's Purpose, Mission, or Values. And, why would we want our new members dressed oddly in public? I would think we want to show off our new members as the terrific women they are, not as scruffy in underwear shirts and sweats. It just makes no sense to me.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

AgDee: All Oklahoma schools.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Oklahoma is the biggest backwards Redneck state there is, so yeah Hazing will happen there...Neanderthals run the place
Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned

I'm not even Oklahoman, but honestly if you still think any state is backward you're pretty out there. Everythings changed.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

No I've lived in Texas, and Oklahoma is pretty out there...but then again the only reason why Texas does't fall into the Gulf of Mexico is because Oklahoma sucks...that's a little joke we have in Texas. But seriously Oklahoma is pretty out there.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GreekSupporter
No I've lived in Texas, and Oklahoma is pretty out there...but then again the only reason why Texas does't fall into the Gulf of Mexico is because Oklahoma sucks...that's a little joke we have in Texas. But seriously Oklahoma is pretty out there.
That is really enlightened. Oklahoma and Texas are not actually all that different. I won't go into the jokes we have about Texas being the cause of some of Oklahoma's weather conditions, because I prefer not to insult people and their homes.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ilikehazing
I'm not even Oklahoman, but honestly if you still think any state is backward you're pretty out there. Everythings changed.
That's no lie. I'd have agreed about 10 years ago that there was nothing to do in this sleepy little town (OKC).

Bricktown though is on par with any entertainment district I've been to in the U.S. and I live within walking distance.

Tulsa is also a very nice place.

As for Texas being better, I guess you might say that because they have 21-24 million? people and Oklahoma has a little over 3 millions that Texas is far superior? I'm not sure how that translates to quality of life or things that matter, but whatever.

You're absolutely right though, there' s no reason to say ignorant things about other states on this board.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Darlinglilred
Some rumours from Canada, cuz I know you're all just dying to hear what we talk about up here eh?!

During initiation we require new members to cream corn wrestle and invite a fraternity to come watch. I told my little this as a joke cuz she was freaking out about the "lingerie pillow fights" rumour. It's now become my family line's tradition to tell their little some otrageous rumour about initiation, don;t worry we tell them we're joking.

Fraternities are required to tell about every girl they sleep with in great detail at Chapter meetings. (I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is true cuz you know how the boys love to talk)

Local sororities supposedly do circle the fat, sleep with frat boys and other various rumours that have already been mentioned.

I do know one rumour that is true, sadly because the group in question was dumb enough to post photos of it on an website. Pledges were required to get scantily dressed and clean the entire house of a fraternity. Ugh
Old 04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually the talking about women the guys were with is true, at my chapter meetings we had a gavel pass thing where people brough up happenings...and some guys bragged about girls that they were with, it wasn't like a forced thing or anything. But the two guys in my house that actually got a lot liked to brag.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GreekSupporter
Actually the talking about women the guys were with is true, at my chapter meetings we had a gavel pass thing where people brough up happenings...and some guys bragged about girls that they were with, it wasn't like a forced thing or anything. But the two guys in my house that actually got a lot liked to brag.
You weren't initiated and saw all that huh?

-Rudey
Old 04-27-2006, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually pledges could go to chapter meetings, again don't say something unless you know what you're talking

YOU CAN'T HATE SOMEONE WHO'S STORY YOU DON'T KNOW