GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Tau Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,339
3 members and 1,336 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 08-01-2004, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HuRLeYCHiK75
Question Sisterhood Social Ideas

Hey Hey My Fellow Princesses!!! I was jsut wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for sisterhood socials this fall..Im the chair sister for this position and Im looking for some ideas to make ZTA better then it already is!! thanks!
Old 08-04-2004, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm the new social chair for my alumnae chapter, and I was having the same problem. One of the things I was thinking of doing was having a tea. Actually, it will be a Founder's Day tea (if we can get a private room for the ceremony). They can be fun, and a lot of nice hotels or b&b's have them.

Maybe a "planned" roadtrip to a theme park or lake for a bbq might be nice? I was thinking of get-away kind of stuff. I remember how nice a change of scenery was when I was in school.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Sometimes we have had that problem in the past because we don't have much of an alumni base (our school is in a VERY small town in Texas). ZTA also wins the sisterhood award EVERY YEAR. So, this means that we are awesome with coming up with sisterhoods because we have NOTHING to do but go to school. Some of the things we've done are: go to the zoo, go to houston for an astros game, have a picnic, have a bbq, scavenger hunts, making pledge class videos of any goofy topic, giving each pledge class a bag of items and have them act something out with them, aerobics sisterhoods are the BEST ( I lead one), watching reality shows every week (BACHELOR, Outback Jack, etc), bowling, decorating gifts for philanthropy or fraternities (during greek week, goodluck on rush, etc), shaving cream fights, water balloon fights, service projects (the fun ones like going to the animal shelter to walk dogs), pledge class dinner or dinners to a specific place on a specific night, breakfast mornings, going to other frat/sorority's philanthropy events (also good PR), TCBY, ice cream, coffee, renting videos, getting together to work on big/lil crafts

I hope this gives you some ideas!
ZLAM
Christen
Old 08-06-2004, 04:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAtinkerbell1
Ideas I have always like have been:
-Sex and the City Night
-Movie Night
-Sisterhood Bowling
-Ice Cream Socials
-Meet and Eat
-I have always thought it would be fun to have a sisterhood shopping trip! That is just me I am a born shopper!

those are the only ones I can think of... I hope they help!

ZLAM-
Vanna
Old 08-11-2004, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HuRLeYCHiK75
Smile

Hey Girls! Thank you all for responding I will be sure to tell our VP1 about the ideas at Rush Retreat this weekend..if you all think of anything else..please please let me know!! thanks again! XOXO ZLAM *GiNa*