GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,227
1 members and 1,226 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 05-22-2023, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

People Pet Peeve. Pick one.

If you could only pick one pet peeve that you have a low to zero tolerance for in the attitude or personality of people, what would that be? I’m sure you have quite a few but you can only pick one. And why?

Mine is arrogant people, especially when they try to use me (because I’m pretty humble) to elevate themselves. That pisses me off to no end and I generally will call them out on it in a minute.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

People who think they are so much better than other people who are so much like them. When I was working in drug and alcohol treatment I thought if it as the “I’m not like all those OTHER addicts” syndrome.

Special shout out to people who are Against government benefits while simultaneously being a recipient of then…
Old 05-22-2023, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Just one?
Old 05-22-2023, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake View Post
Just one?
Lol yeah, it has to be the one that stands out over the others that bother you. The one that’s a low to zero tolerance for you.
Old 05-22-2023, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

To narrow it down to one?… For me, it’s people who choose not to think for themselves — minions, basically. All it takes is for someone who lacks a set of principles to be placed in a position of power, and the minions will follow and listen to and believe everything he/she says. I call it sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Why is it my biggest pet peeve? Because those people are extremely dangerous.

Although it makes me really mad, I never call them out on their behavior because they’re too dumb to know the difference between right and wrong. It’s actually really sad.

Example:
https://youtube.com/shorts/0J_seGFoVwY?feature=share
Old 05-23-2023, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

More than a pet peeve - I have misophonia. If I can hear you chew, I have fantasized about your death.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
More than a pet peeve - I have misophonia. If I can hear you chew, I have fantasized about your death.
Same here. Food or gum, it doesn’t matter.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
To narrow it down to one?… For me, it’s people who choose not to think for themselves — minions, basically. All it takes is for someone who lacks a set of principles to be placed in a position of power, and the minions will follow and listen to and believe everything he/she says. I call it sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Why is it my biggest pet peeve? Because those people are extremely dangerous.

Although it makes me really mad, I never call them out on their behavior because they’re too dumb to know the difference between right and wrong. It’s actually really sad.

Example:
https://youtube.com/shorts/0J_seGFoVwY?feature=share
Lol! That interview has gotta be a joke.
Quote:
Damn! My ex complained that I eat my cereal too loud.

I can see honeychile and me on the 6:00 news right now. “honeychile Will Smith slaps Phrozen Sands and then stomps him out over a bowl of Fruit Loops.”
Old 05-23-2023, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
No it is not! Do you remember Trump saying he loves the “poorly educated”? Why do you think he said that? He knows his base won’t think for themselves, that’s why they’re easily manipulated. They support a man who doesn’t support them — literally doesn’t give a damn about them. Misogynistic, xenophobic, racist, “pussy grabbing” asshole.

And it’s not really about people being uneducated. It’s the unwise that are the problem because there are a lot of dumb, educated people too. I’ll take wisdom any day over education. That video is real. That kind of conscientious stupidity is among us and has been among us since the founding of this country. I used to think people like that were a joke. They’re not, they’re very dangerous.

My father-in-law is the reason why I don’t say anything to people like that anymore. He said “Need and Heed. Never give advice to people you don’t know, because the wise don’t need it and the unwise won’t heed to it.”

If that isn’t the truth, then I don’t know what is.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 05-23-2023 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No it is not! Do you remember Trump saying he loves the “poorly educated”? Why do you think he said that? He knows his base won’t think for themselves, that’s why they’re easily manipulated. They support a man who doesn’t support them — literally doesn’t give a damn about them. Misogynistic, xenophobic, racist, “pussy grabbing” asshole.

And it’s not really about people being uneducated. It’s the unwise that are the problem because there are a lot of dumb, educated people too. I’ll take wisdom any day over education. That video is real. That kind of conscientious stupidity is among us and has been among us since the founding of this country. I used to think people like that were a joke. They’re not, they’re very dangerous.

My father-in-law is the reason why I don’t say anything to people like that anymore. He said “Need and Heed. Never give advice to people you don’t know, because the wise don’t need it and the unwise won’t heed to it.”

If that isn’t the truth, then I don’t know what is.
Lmfao! Hahahahahahahaha!!! This is a QFP and a siggy change. Especially coming from CG Looooooooool!!!!
Old 05-23-2023, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I treat people how I want to be treated so I’d probably say the double standard. People like that are a trip.
Romans 1:16
Old 05-24-2023, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lmfao! Hahahahahahahaha!!! This is a QFP and a siggy change. Especially coming from CG Looooooooool!!!!
This is why they frustrate me so. Like I said, they’re dangerous.
https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...e-176166981732
Old 05-24-2023, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Damn! My ex complained that I eat my cereal too loud.

I can see honeychile and me on the 6:00 news right now. “honeychile Will Smith slaps Phrozen Sands and then stomps him out over a bowl of Fruit Loops.”
SCORE, PHROZEN SANDS!!

I am having a very trying week, and you were able to get me laughing at the image. Now I'm crazing Fruit Loops!

Seriously, thank you.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This is why they frustrate me so. Like I said, they’re dangerous.
https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...e-176166981732
I saw that story come through my newsfeed yesterday.

For the record though, I know you were serious, but I was only Lmao at the fact that YOU were chatting like that. If it was someone else, I probably wouldn’t have even laughed, but when it’s coming from someone who’s mild-mannered on here, it’s funny as hell. Or if it was TonyB06 talking like that, I’d laugh just as hard. Two mild-mannered GCers talking like that is priceless Lol!

Quote:
SCORE, PHROZEN SANDS!!

I am having a very trying week, and you were able to get me laughing at the image. Now I'm crazing Fruit Loops!

Seriously, thank you.
Lol! Anytime. I’m glad I could make your week a little brighter by making you laugh.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I saw that story come through my newsfeed yesterday.

For the record though, I know you were serious, but I was only Lmao at the fact that YOU were chatting like that. If it was someone else, I probably wouldn’t have even laughed, but when it’s coming from someone who’s mild-mannered on here, it’s funny as hell. Or if it was TonyB06 talking like that, I’d laugh just as hard. Two mild-mannered GCers talking like that is priceless Lol!
lol
Well, I was just quoting him. That’s what HE (Donald J Trump) said. That’s why it’s in quotes.

But right after he lost the election, what I said directly to him on my best friend’s Twitter account was all 100% me. It was so bad, Twitter deleted what I tweeted to him immediately. But it was there long enough for all to see, so I know he saw it.