GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,474
4 members and 2,470 guests
Cookiez17, oncegreek

Old 03-23-2005, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lanie2008 Send a message via Yahoo to Lanie2008
Legacies?

Hey I was wondering if any of you lovely Theta ladies were legacies. I think the concept of family tradition in the greek system is wonderful. I'm the first person in my family to go greek, and I hope I'm NOT the last. *crosses fingers*
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-24-2005, 03:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I was not a legacy, but my younger sister is!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

me too!

My mother is a Theta. When I was looking at colleges and decided on Lake Forest, she confessed that she was a bit disappointed in my choice. "They don't have a Theta chapter!" You can't possibly know how excited she was when my local sorority became the newest Theta chapter. Going back to be initiated as an alumna was a given! Even though I didn't come by Theta "the old fashioned way," I'm still happy to be here. The best part is, my mother is already working on my daughter!

Last edited by hoover815; 01-30-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: ~
Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lanie2008 Send a message via Yahoo to Lanie2008
I have a little sister, and I make a point of not trying to actively sway her into it, but she recently confessed to me that she was thinking about greek life. She's a Sophomore in high school right now. So you can imagine that I just flipped. I was so happy when she told me that.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I tried so hard not to pressure my sister, but she said it was there anyway. You know they have to make their own decision, but it is SO hard to be impartial!

If you thought your own initiation was special, just WAIT until you can participate in the initiation of your little legacy! There is just nothing in the world like it
Old 03-25-2005, 04:40 PM

I'm not a legacy, but I am grooming/convincing my soon to be step-daughter to be a Theta My sister is a greek-hater, so I wasnt able to convince her.

My two soon to be step-sons will be legacies to Sigma Chi Fraternity.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

My little legacy

I have a daughter that is almost two and I love the idea that she might be a Theta one day, too. I hope though that when the time comes I can at least pretend that I want her to pick where she'll be happy! Some of my sisters that I stay in touch with have daughters too and the 4 of them (including mine) are spaced out such that they could be a long string of big sis/lil sis if they went to the same school. Wouldn't that be neat?

I sing Theta songs to my little girl all the time. She used to have a onesie with our letters on it (I know she's not supposed to wear them since she doesn't know what they mean - a non-greek friend made it for her). And she had one little outfit with a kite on the shirt. She wore it to Bid Day last year (I'm the Recruitment Advisor for my chapter now) and the advisors from other chapters were like "Geez - no pressure!" They were just giving me a hard time though. I'm working on getting her a "I'm a Theta Legacy!" shirt now.

My little boy is not without his own fascination with Theta. He's 4 and he thinks the Theta girls are the COOLEST thing! When we say his prayers sometimes he says "And God bless mama and daddy and Ashlyn and the Theta girls..." It's so cute! I actually have a picture of him with the girls from Bid Day last year - one of those standard "picture man" ones you buy in college with the white border and the coat of arms at the bottom. How funny is that? I'm sure he will love telling everyone when he gets older how he was hanging out with sorority girls at age 4 - and he'll have pictures to prove it!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: My little legacy

Quote:
Originally posted by kiteflyerzl

I sing Theta songs to my little girl all the time.

My mom said she used to sing them to me, too, until I started singing them back! After initiation (at which she barely held it together!) she asked me, "So, did any of those sound familiar!?"

My mother was also an advisor at her chapter when I was little, and I have many funny memories of the Theta house at Butler. The girls used to take me up to their rooms and give me candy, telling me Thetas always were allowed to eat candy but ***s (biggest rival!) only were allowed to eat vegetables. Made a big impression with a four year old.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: My little legacy

Quote:
Originally posted by hoover815
I have many funny memories of the Theta house at Butler. The girls used to take me up to their rooms and give me candy, telling me Thetas always were allowed to eat candy but ***s (biggest rival!) only were allowed to eat vegetables. Made a big impression with a four year old.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! What a wonderful story! Love it
Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I am, and my mom was at initiation. It was amazing and so much fun!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a question... While I am not a legacy, I have a friend of mine who is interested in Fall recruitment at her school, and she recently discovered her Grandmother is a Theta. However, the Grandmother is up there in age, and it got me to thinking. If for someone know she is a Theta legacy, but her grandmother, mother, sister, whoever, is deceased, how does she go about this?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:34 AM

legacy status is still there if the family member is deceased. As far as the legacy being introduced to the chapter by a legacy form, well that presents an interesting question as to who or how that would be filled out. Your membership district officer would be the first place I would start to get that information. You can also always call HQ and they will put you in contact with the right person to answer that.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

"And God bless mama and daddy and Ashlyn and the Theta girls..."

Sorry to crash, but this is ADORABLE! Maybe he'll marry a Theta girl

Sigma Kappa
1<31->
The BEST girls wear PEARLS
Old 06-14-2008, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Missoula, but my heart has always been and will always be in the land of dixie
Send a message via AIM to MontanaTheta
I am not a Theta legacy, but was a Zeta legacy.

My mom was a Zeta Tau Alpha and my father was an Alpha Tau Omega at IUP. I originally wanted to be a Zeta like my mom, but chose a school that did not have that chapter. While growing up I had my mom's old Zeta pillows on my bed.
My dad's fraternity was once on our campus and the house where they were is beautiful! During parent's weekend I took a picture of my dad on front of the old ATO house!

He also enjoyed teaching me teasing songs about Sigma Nu and Sigma Chi, since they reside on either side of our Theta house!

Allow your kite to soar to the heavens; never hold the strings too tight.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

My grandmother is a Theta and I was initiated back in November. She tried to come down for initiation, but wasn't able. She did send me her badge though, which I will hopefully get to pass down to another legacy eventually!