GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,413
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, LarryByday
» Online Users: 589
1 members and 588 guests
davidsholzeo679

Old 08-17-2005, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

rushee

Hello, I hope someone can help. I am going through fall recruitment right now and all the houses I have been to are beautiful. Id love to live in one if I join but Im also concerned about the expenses. Ive heard different stories, right now im in a dorm but I hear living in a sorority house can be inexpensive or cut back on other sorority fees but then again Im not sure if I could handle all those people all the time, basically Id just like some feedback from people that dont necessarily know Im rushing so they cant persaude me that this is the house for me. Any additional housing feedback for college students would help too. Thanks

Megan

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2005, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

housing advice

Hey Megan, this is probably going to be a very stressful week for you, but recruitment is meant to be fun and hopefully find the sorority that is right for you. If you decide to live in a sorority house your chapter dues may drop imensley, rent is usually very inexpensive too compared to apartments around the area, at least from what Ive been familiar with but to get answers in your area youll probably have to do a bit of research on your own. In the meantime check out http://www.studentfinancialguide.com, its got a great article on college housing options. Best of luck to you!

Kayla

Old 08-17-2005, 04:24 PM

Megan,

Contact your Greek Life office at your school and ask what the prices are.

Also, many chapters have a live in requirement, so it may not be a matter of you wanting to live there, it might turn out that you HAVE to. Again, contact your Greek Life office to find out exactly what your responsibilities would be.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't forget that many orgs may have financial assistance programs to help pay for various things.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

it is usually less expensive to live in a sorority house compared to living in an apartment, if you factor in the all the amenities that living in the sorority house would offer you. and like i told jocelyn in another thread, you can only live in a sorority house once in your life.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

Cost will be very different from school to school and from chapter to chapter.

Your greek life office may know.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-18-2005, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Greek Life office or Greek advisor