GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,407
3 members and 1,404 guests
flamboyanttree, Kevin, Xidelt

Old 03-11-2004, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

sherbertlemons would have a more accurate description of what the CC did while they were colonizing the chapter at UCF. I'm guessing at the beginning she was very hands-on with training and support but weaned it down as the year wore on and the girls became more comfortable in their positions. Knowing her (as she was a pledge sister of mine) she would have wanted the girls to do as much on their own as possible and only give assistance when asked/needed.

ITA with breathesgelatin. Not that they way we do it is perfect, but that's what works best for us. We're not big on explosion expansion; one new chapter a year or less is how it's been recently. Focusing on one colony at a time lets us give it the attention it needs to hopefully grow and flourish into a solid chapter.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-11-2004, 07:31 PM

AEPhi hires two TECs (Traveling Education Consultants) each year. When a colony is formed, one of the TECs goes and stays with the colony for much of the new member period. She runs new member education and assists the colony in setting up its infrastructure of officers, bylaws, policies, procedures, etc. A TEC is also sent out to help the colony or chapter with its first formal recruitment. And, both TECs as well as the national office are always accessible by phone or email (to any chapter, not just new colonies).

There was a decent number of alums in my chapter's area who helped us out. AEPhi offers more direct support if local alum support is thin on the ground.