GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,240
1 members and 1,239 guests
No Members online

Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Summer Recruitment

Hi yall,

Im going to a very deeply greek university in the South and I was down there for orientation this week and my dad and I were walking around the fraternity houses and we happened to run into the rush chairman of a fraternity. We got to talking to him I introduced myself he showed us through the house he took down my information, and mentioned a summer rush party. I also received his name and his phone number. What i am asking is should I wait until he contacts me via mail or phone, or should I text or call him? what would be approiate/inapproiate for a situation like this.

Thank you,
John
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I think if they are interested and saw you as a potential, then he'll contact you and let you know when the upcoming parties/events are. If a good amount of time passes by and you don't hear from him, then it wouldn't hurt contacting back- but it may mean that they aren't interested.

There are times when guys take down your information with no intentions to actually contact you back.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

if you do contact him, just a send a polite inquisitive message. something like, hey this is john doe we met at blah blah. i was wondering if i could get more info on you guys or if you guys were hosting any events soon etc.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?
Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

A little lane swerving here as fraternity recruitment isn't my area. Maybe drop him a note saying you enjoyed meeting him and thank him for giving you and your Dad a house tour. Since he brought up the recruitment party, simply say that you look forward to hearing about upcoming recruitment events and would like the opportunity to meet more of the members.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Alright, as a recruitment chair myself I would say drop him a line. We meet so many people and get so many numbers that it is really hard to tell who is truly interested in the house. We spend so much time with people that are just humoring our hard work and have no interest in joining. If he gave you his number, then it is 100% only to your benefit to call him. It will show that you really do want to know more and he will call you after that.