GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,424
1 members and 1,423 guests
Titchou

Old 08-22-2011, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I noticed that 1312 girls received bids. Out of 1700 plus girls, that would calculate to around 77% receiving bids. Is that usual for Bama?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Hmm. Angryface at "Alpha Delta Gamma" on that bidlist site.
I'm sure the men of the actual ADG aren't too jazzed either. What a ridiculous mistake.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'm sure the men of the actual ADG aren't too jazzed either. What a ridiculous mistake.
OK so I emailed the contact link and she got right back to me. So, problem solved, I suppose.

Last edited by agzg; 08-22-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhfulmer View Post
...belongs to a group that requires a higher GPA than she had.
You might have answered your question here. If her grades weren't quite high enough for some groups' minimums, she might have not made the cut when the others had to go searching for reasons to shorten their list.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMto2 View Post
I noticed that 1312 girls received bids. Out of 1700 plus girls, that would calculate to around 77% receiving bids. Is that usual for Bama?
There's a PDF on UA Panhellenic/UA Greek Life (here) that's got the recruitment statistics for 2001-2009, and when Alpha Phi recolonized in 2008, the "receiving bids" percentage prior to Alpha Phi's selection of their new members was 72%, but after they selected their class, the absorption of girls who had participated in FR made it 81%.

So while, if there was not a (re)colonization going on this year, that would be a lower percentage than usual (as the prevalent number for the years before they decided on opening for extension and the year after extension was 82-83%), I think we should wait and see if we can find out how many of the girls who participated in recruitment (but without a bid somewhere else) get Delta Gamma. If DG's absorption of girls who did participate in recruitment is anywhere near what Alpha Phi's was, that could provide a very impressive number.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
You might have answered your question here. If her grades weren't quite high enough for some groups' minimums, she might have not made the cut when the others had to go searching for reasons to shorten their list.
She had at least a 3.0 which is what all but one group lists in [I]Greek Chic[I] Maybe DG will work out for some of them.I]
Old 08-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

hopefully she will make a good impression on the interviewers of Delta Gamma and find a match with them.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, FSUZeta. I hope so too. She had a solid Zeta rec (from me) but was released by them after the first round.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMto2 View Post
The news reported 1,398 receiving bids last year, so since 1,700 is higher than last year and 1,312 is lower than last year, 77% is likely lower than the total placement rate last year. However placement for women who attended preference may actually be higher - the data for that has not been posted on Greek Chat. If 200+ women establish the Delta Gamma colony and assuming that most of these women also started traditional formal recruitment (that is they are reflected in the 1,700 sign up number) the percentage of women who would like to experience Greek life and then join a Panhellenic chapter is going to be better - using 220 - it would be 90%, yes? That is a tremendous inclusion. Bravo Alabama Panhellenic.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Close. Being that there are women signed up to rush DG who didn't sign up at all for formal rush, your math is flawed. I'm sure there are senior girls going through, for instance, and none of them would be crazy enough to go through regular rush. And juniors too. And for that matter, a lot of sophomores. It could be 400+ girls who are signed up for DG who weren't on the original rolls, which could make the resulting percentage worse. That is not to say Bama does a bad job. They push a lot of girls through a small space in a short time, without too much bloodshed, as it were.

My guess is 5 minutes after DG pledges their colony people will be screaming for another expansion. Anyone taking bets on 2014?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledge rate - yes, lower than usual. Almost 300 either quit or were released by pref day. Many of those took themselves out to be eligible for DG.

3.0 - yes, that's what the "Greek Chic" publication lists, but in truth, many houses set their floors a good bit higher than that. They will occasionally take someone with a 3.0, but there would have to be other attributes the PNM could offer.

The university is already planning to add two more NPC sororities after Delta Gamma.

All I can say is that DG interviews are going very, very well. We will have new members on Sunday!!

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 08-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhfulmer View Post
She had at least a 3.0 which is what all but one group lists in [I]Greek Chic[I] Maybe DG will work out for some of them.I]
3.0 is not much to ask for from an incoming freshman (high school gpa). There are lots of universities that wouldn't even admit someone with that high school gpa.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Pledge rate - yes, lower than usual. Almost 300 either quit or were released by pref day. Many of those took themselves out to be eligible for DG.

3.0 - yes, that's what the "Greek Chic" publication lists, but in truth, many houses set their floors a good bit higher than that. They will occasionally take someone with a 3.0, but there would have to be other attributes the PNM could offer.

The university is already planning to add two more NPC sororities after Delta Gamma.

All I can say is that DG interviews are going very, very well. We will have new members on Sunday!!

When your top GPA Chapters have an average of 3.5, a 3.0 PNM would be a grade risk. I currently work with a chapter that has a chapter average of 3.5 and even though it is published that the minimum GPA is 2.3, the PNM with a 2.5 doesn't stand a chance.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

To be frank, now would be a good time to cut the cord.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Delta Delta has 77 beautiful new pledges: 74 freshman and 3 upperclassmen!! Congrats to the Delta Mu chapter! For the complete list of all the new UA pledges go to:
http://uanews.ua.edu/2011/08/ua-soro...-announced-12/