GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,710
0 members and 2,710 guests
No Members online

Old 08-26-2018, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3g View Post
I’m happy to report that my my daughter got a bid from CHI OMEGA at University of South Carolina!! This was her #1, and where she thought she belonged.

My older daughter that graduated from USC in 2012, and was also a Chi O was there to watch.

So happy for my girls.
My daughters are Chi Omegas also! They loved their college years and are still close with some of their pledge class and their bigs!
Congratulations to your family!!
Old 08-26-2018, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Great news! I'm sure big sister is happy to have her sister join her chapter!
Old 08-26-2018, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3g View Post
I’m happy to report that my my daughter got a bid from CHI OMEGA at University of South Carolina!! This was her #1, and where she thought she belonged.

My older daughter that graduated from USC in 2012, and was also a Chi O was there to watch.

So happy for my girls.
Congratulations! Very special day for both your girls.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Just wondering what happened at USC this year. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that @1800 PNMs registered and quota was only 101. Does that seem way off to anyone else or am I missing something?

Last edited by Curly95; 08-26-2018 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-26-2018, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly95 View Post
Just wondering what happened at USC this year. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that @1800 PNMs registered and quota was only 101. Does that seem way off to anyone else or am I missing something?
1758 was the number reported as registered in Irishpipe's thread. The main thing to remember is that quota isn't based on the number of PNMs registered at the beginning of recruitment. I'd say, based on the three chapters I found results for, that that quota number sounds realistic. We don't know how many girls may have been released completely, or how many may have dropped at some point due to not liking their remaining options.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I pulled up a seat early on and then got distracted by a conversation that was going on outside the restroom. I am sorry for leaving y'all out of a pretty wild ride.

I now probably should change my username to Theta2 as that it the total count of Thetas in our family. Yep, I've got a new baby kite. #legacyforthewin
Old 08-27-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta1234 View Post
I now probably should change my username to Theta2 as that it the total count of Thetas in our family.
Congratulations on another Theta in your family!
Old 08-27-2018, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
Congratulations on another Theta in your family!
My daughter really loved your sisters. She said they were some of the most genuine girls she had ever met and hoped she would get to know some more of them throughout the semester.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!! I love a Theta ending and even more special as a legacy <>~~~~
Old 08-28-2018, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Update from me. Throughout my D's entire rush week, every single time she got a schedule back, she'd lost her #1. She would regroup, go in with an open mind, and come through that round with a new favorite. She had the two for Pref---one she had been in love with from the very start, and the other had been towards the bottom of her list the whole time. Bid Day was Sunday, and she once again did not get her #1. She's making the best of things with #2, and I'm really hoping she feels she can fit in there and be happy. It's taken me a couple of days to process and be sad with her, but we're getting there. It's been so hard seeing my strong, confident daughter have so many blows to her self esteem, being repeatedly dropped from houses where she truly saw herself, but we've really tried to trust the process and hope that she's landed in a house that will truly be her home. She is pledging Alpha Gamma Delta at South Carolina.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats everyone!
Old 08-28-2018, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFLDDD View Post
Update from me. Throughout my D's entire rush week, every single time she got a schedule back, she'd lost her #1. She would regroup, go in with an open mind, and come through that round with a new favorite. She had the two for Pref---one she had been in love with from the very start, and the other had been towards the bottom of her list the whole time. Bid Day was Sunday, and she once again did not get her #1. She's making the best of things with #2, and I'm really hoping she feels she can fit in there and be happy. It's taken me a couple of days to process and be sad with her, but we're getting there. It's been so hard seeing my strong, confident daughter have so many blows to her self esteem, being repeatedly dropped from houses where she truly saw herself, but we've really tried to trust the process and hope that she's landed in a house that will truly be her home. She is pledging Alpha Gamma Delta at South Carolina.

I can understand why your daughter would feel sad or disappointed. Of course, I'm sure you already know that Alpha Gamma Delta is a wonderful organization. I, too, hope that she can begin to see herself as an AGD and come to love her sorority.

If it helps at all, here is a thread called " I didn't get my first choice - it gets better" that you or your daughter might like to read: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=121412

True and Constant
Old 08-28-2018, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Though not from that chapter, I'm an Alpha Gam!! I hope your daughter loves her years there!!
Old 08-29-2018, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I worked with that chapter (as a volunteer) during their new chapter period and I think she'll end up liking it there in the long run Relatively new, they really developed into a fully functioning established chapter very quickly!
Old 08-31-2018, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

My DD has prefs tonight (actually happening right now). She is attending two that she loves so I am sure she will be happy with either! It’s been a long week! Bid day tomorrow!

She told me this morning she had a bad dream that she got the dreaded call from her Rho Gamma telling her not to come to Bid Day and then when she tried to leave campus all of the exits were blocked and all of the other girls who got bids were laughing at her. I think her anxiety is beginning to get to her! I’ve been having strange dreams too so I will be happy once tomorrow comes either way.

I need copious amounts of wine!

Last edited by RMK305; 09-01-2018 at 12:11 AM.