GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,127
1 members and 2,126 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 08-14-2002, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lil_ChiO_Lady
I am soo happy for her she is returning to Chi-O...I am also sorry to her about your other daughter,but rush is extremely stressful.It just seems so sudden that she dropped out.I really hope she didn't have a bad experience with any of the groups.
Psi Zeta Chapter
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2002, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Carnation-
best of luck to Ballerina all of the houses she will be returning to are strong national ones and each house should consider them selves blessed to have her!!! I have a sister who more than anything I wanted to rush at her college but she cheers and when she asked about sororities on her campus to her teammates it was not warmly recieved to say the least, no matter what happens you have raised 2 incredible young ladies that are blessed to have you as a mom...
Old 08-14-2002, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nwsigkap
Carnation-

Sorry to hear about BlazerCheer. One of my best friends in my pledge class is a cheerleader at Northwest, and between practice, cheering at games, and competitions she has hardly any spare time! She has to miss chapter meetings every week because it is during cheerleading practice, and several other events. She makes it to everything she can though, and always finds time to hang out with us on the weekend. It's hard, but she manages. I would say cheerleading is definetly one of the most time consuming college sports, because you cheer at games during the fall and winter, and then have national competition during the spring (and if you're like my friend you run cheer camps all summer)...there is no offseason! So IF (and I guess we're all speculating here) that was the reason BlazerCheer dropped I can understand why, and hope that she considers recruitment again next year after being settled in for a year. Best of luck to Ballerina, she has three great groups to choose from!
Old 08-14-2002, 06:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Give a hug to Balerina, it's getting down to the wire.

Tell Blazercheer I may just have to get a "DISH"...Would I be able to see her cheer??? Did you get season tickets???
Old 08-14-2002, 09:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
Carnation,
hope everything is alright with blazercheer. maybe greeklife isn't for her right now. as for ballerina, good luck to her. the houses she is going back to are strong national houses! And I hope she will be happy where ever her heart leads her.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
I'm so sorry to hear about Blazercheer dropping out, but it would have been worse for her to join a sorority without her heart being in it. Maybe she will change her mind at a later point.
I'm also so excited to hear that Ballerina is going back to Phi Mu! I can't wait to find out where she finally goes!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Best of luck to Ballerine with her next round! She made some great choices And for Blazercheer, well, you do what you gotta do girl, and if you made the right decision for yourself, then keep your chin held high! I hope that you didn't have anything bad happen!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Carnation,
How are you holding up?
Blazercheer, I'm sure you made the right decision for you. If you change your mind theres always next year.
Good luck Ballerina! Can't wait to find out where you go!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so sad to hear that Blazercheer has decided to drop out. That is too bad...maybe she will find a sorority through COB after formal recruitment. This is always an option for those who are really active in other areas of school.

As for Ballerina - cannot wait to hear how today went!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so sorry to hear that BlazerCheer dropped out! However, she must have had a good reason-only she knows for sure-and I hope she's doing alright-and that maybe she'd consider Greek life again?? Hugs to her....

Congrats to Ballerina on going back to Chi-O!! Woo hoo!! But I don't mean to forget about ADPi or Phi Mu, because both are excellent groups as well!!

Like everyone else has said, I am so addicted to this thread!!
Old 08-14-2002, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Carnation:

Blazercheer is following on her own path, and it's wonderful that she has supportive parent like yourself to guide her through it all. I'm sure she's going to have a wonderful experience at Valdosta. As other posters have commented, cheering is an intense, time consuming and fun sport and she'll have a built-in support group of other cheerleaders throughout the school year.

I'm glad to hear that Ballerina is continuing to go through recruitment. It's great that you've raised them to know their own hearts and minds and be able to make their own choices despite the closeness they feel as sisters. Ballerina has great houses to go back so I'm sure she'll have a great time at the next event.

You're all in my thoughts.
God bless.

violets
Old 08-14-2002, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

When does Ballerina find out where she'll be going for Prefs?
Old 08-14-2002, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lil_ChiO_Lady
Anything yet?

I am starting to get anxious...aren't the parties over for the day?....Where are you Carnation??? I am soo curious to know who Ballerina is going to be attending tomorrow for pref.My computer is starting to hate me cause I keep refreshing the page,lol...I'm seriously starting to have a problem here
Psi Zeta Chapter
Old 08-14-2002, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I hope Ballerina enjoyed today's parties!

Carnation, does Blazercheer have any interest in COB or has she changed her mind about Greek Life entirely? Hope she's having fun with all her other activities!
Old 08-14-2002, 08:49 PM

This is so exciting...I can't wait to hear more about Ballerina! I also hope that BlazerCheer is at peace with what has happened so far.....