GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,087
1 members and 1,086 guests
Sarak24034
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Hip-hip-hooray!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

bumping this thread that stood out because of the PNM's resolute character!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
bumping this thread that stood out because of the PNM's resolute character!
*blush* thank you! That means a lot to me. My recruitment experience still baffles my Gamma Chi, but looking back, I think the reason was that I just didn't have enough personal connections with actives before going through. A lot of girls get bids from chapters in which their best friends are actives, but none of my close friends went to college with me. The girls I did know weren't Greek.

As for Pi Phi and me, everything is going well. I can't wait to move into the house and I'm excited to start recruitment!

I hope PNMs find this story helpful when they go through this year.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Precious, precious story. Your maturity is a credit to all greek women. 2013 PNMs.... Take notice! Congrats and enjoy your time on the other side!!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinHope View Post
*blush* thank you! That means a lot to me. My recruitment experience still baffles my Gamma Chi, but looking back, I think the reason was that I just didn't have enough personal connections with actives before going through. A lot of girls get bids from chapters in which their best friends are actives, but none of my close friends went to college with me. The girls I did know weren't Greek.

As for Pi Phi and me, everything is going well. I can't wait to move into the house and I'm excited to start recruitment!

I hope PNMs find this story helpful when they go through this year.
I hope you don't mind me pointing this out but if I could bold, star, and underline the above point and circle it, I would. I think it's important for PNMs to know.

With these big SEC schools, knowing sorority women personally from high school, camp, etc. is sooooooo important.

Can you get a bid without knowing women? Sure (as in your story.) But knowing women, being from the same camps, churches, high school activities, etc. goes a LONG way.

I think that's a part of recruitment that's kind of the "elephant in the room." PNMs focus on their recs, hair, make up, etc. but forget that the women for whom the "pendulum" of recruitment selection swings mostly in their favor are those who are "in the know" with sorority members (i.e. they know you and like you from *insert activity or camp here*)

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Bringing this thread back for a hot sec because my cousin is currently going through recruitment! I'm showing her all the fun recruitment stories here, and hope they'll help her make a really tough decision between her favorite chapters. She's preffing her two favorites, and I'm so excited for her!

As for me, I'm a senior member now. The time has flown and I've grown so much. My pledge class is still really close and we get all sappy all the time.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Awwww, great to hear from you and I hope your cousin has a wonderful story to tell also. The time in the chapter goes so fast, doesn't it? Have a fabulous Sr year and treasure every minute!
Old 09-15-2015, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Loved your story!!!! I was in tears reading about your Gamma Chi and that y'all were going to be sisters!!!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Awwww, great to hear from you and I hope your cousin has a wonderful story to tell also. The time in the chapter goes so fast, doesn't it? Have a fabulous Sr year and treasure every minute!
Thank you! Her bid day is today. It's so interesting watching her go through and reading new stories here with my current perspective on recruitment. I basically know how it works now... So I'm also pretty certain of what chapter will be on my cousin's bid card tomorrow. unfortunately not Pi Phi, though.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPi&Theta_Mom View Post
Loved your story!!!! I was in tears reading about your Gamma Chi and that y'all were going to be sisters!!!
Aw, thanks! We still keep in touch while she's in grad school!
Closed Thread