GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,186
1 members and 1,185 guests
No Members online

Old 08-14-2003, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy 1 less fraternity at SDSU

well i have word that we will have 1 less fraternity at sdsu this year....
it has not officially been announced yet, so i dont want to say anything, but i will post everything that i know (and i know a lot) as soon as i get word back from the greek advisors....
Old 08-14-2003, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

well im interested
Old 08-14-2003, 04:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but what is the point of this thread. If the decision has not been decided, or announced than this thread is purely gossip. The amount of gossip that goes on within the greek system is one of my pet peeves and reflects negatively on the greek system. I am sure that my friends in Kappa Sig and TKE wouldn't be very pleased to hear about these rumors. I don't want to sound like an a-hole, but you shouldn't be posting stuff like this unless you can give us any reliable info. It makes you seem as though you are rooting for another fraternity to get the boot. I am familiar with the SDSU greek system and at the rate that fraternities are getting the boot there will be little or no greek system in the years to come. I am sorry, but I'm sick of BS rumors.

Last edited by phigamucsb; 08-14-2003 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

My visit to SDSU (1st week of Aug.)

I drove by the new Fraternity Row, and was mucho impressed by the building and concept.

(For those who haven't seen it, the SDSU Foundation built a big three-story building, with separate spaces for six or eight fraternities. It's beautiful on the outside, with cool California colors/stucco, and a great location).

Two doors were open, so I visited (I think it was DSP and ZBT).

Both of these brand new houses were already garbage dumps, full of junk and crap. They both showed a complete lack of cleaning effort, lack of any leadership, and lack of alumni supervision.

What a shame - a great new facility ruined by these two chapters in less than a year.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Obviously you came in on a bad day, because ours is normally the cleanest. In fact, I want to know what day you supposedly came in because our courtyard was clean until that Friday night. And it was cleaned that next morning.

Alumni Supervision? We have the one of the oldest and strongest alumni associations among IFC. All you saw was cosmetic; some sweeping and trash collecting. For you to say that our alumni, who come to our house almost every day to check up on the house, are supervising us poorly is a huge ASSumption.

Our house manager is one of the best we've had. Yes, last yr we dirtied our house, but no worse than any other chapter there. The guy in there now MAKES SURE that the courtyard and house are at least presentable. We've probably swept and hosed the courtyard and mopped the chapter room every day last week.

Leadership? How dare you accuse my chapter of having no leadership just based on that. By that token, every single fraternity there has poor leadership. I'm not going to say who, but there are other houses there that probably would have given you a heart attack by your standards.

Besides, don't you have people over at your place at night? When people party, don't they make at least a little mess? At the same time, a responsible person would clean it up ASAP right? Well, we always make sure it's cleaned the next day.

Take this into account: the University STOPPED having the hallway walls cleaned and the carpets shampooed. It was supposed to be done last July, and due to shotty work and lazy workers they didn't get it done till this last January. It's may look good, but the actual support work to make sure it was durable was shit (our first floor walls still heavnt been sealed for the rain and the walls often are wet.)

Have you been to any other fraternity house at SDSU? They all pretty much are kept at the same level. Damn, I guess none of us have any leadership? I guess Josh's house (ALSO at frat row) doesn;t know what they're doing. Wanna respond Josh?

THis is probably just one of those posts that you make to piss people off and you just sit back and enjoy it. But I'm not gonna let a pissant racist instigator like you ASSume how my chapter is run, especially since you haven't actually made it clear what GLO you're in, and since you love to revel in GLOs having risk management issues.

Last edited by DeltaSigStan; 08-14-2003 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

wow...i didn’t know that there were people who would be so pissed by this...i almost don’t know what to say...

phigamucsb:
sorry you are acting like an ass... however, there are rumors and gossip in the greek system--get used to it, i have. it's a way of life...it's the drama. you know that if you heard that another fraternity on your campus had their charter pulled you would react in the same way. since i have been at state i have seen more fraternities get in trouble. my house was one of them with 14 months of probation. i have seen houses kicked off campus...kappa sig and tke...don’t you have friends in those ones? anyway, its not that i am happy that they all get kicked off. i actually have friends in almost every house, and the house in question is actually one of the houses that my house is really cool with. i understand your little pet peeves with gossip and shit, but get over it. if you don’t like it, then don’t pay attention to it. you will save your self a lot of stress buddy.

hoosier:
wow, what a bitch! you don’t go to sdsu. you have never experienced our greek system. you know nothing about fraternity row. yet you make judgments about the character of some of the houses in fraternity row...why is that?
i can tell you that yes, on the outside fraternity row looks perfect...just like sdsu foundation wanted. score 1 point for you. oh wait, you just drove by it and stoped for a visit....so you were not there for the delays in construction, the constant problems, floods, broken elevators, crumbling stucco of great "California colors," the constant rules, police in the hallways, security guards calling noise complaints...yeah i would say it appears perfect. in reality every chapter that has a house in fraternity row would tell you that it is a piece of shit.
what you said about a few of the chapters members because their house was dirty...you really must be an arrogant fuck! did you meet any of the members? pledges? exec boards? alum? did you? you said you went to zbt and it was trashy...well the fraternity row resident manager is a zbt, and he does not let them keep their place trashy. my house is next to theirs....did it meet your standards?
i don’t know what fraternity houses are like where you come from....but i can only assume that they are huge...old...filled with antique furniture...clean...and every member is perfect by nature. they have leadership that could move mountains. they never have trash or parties. is every member a 40 year old anal retentive prick living in a 19 year olds body?
Old 08-14-2003, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

personally, if our house was perfectly clean all the time i think id be pretty pissed, cause then we would probably never be having any parties or random shenanigans nights. i agree with josh and deltasig. they coulda thrown parties the night before and you just saw the after math....what a tool
Old 08-14-2003, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

If a chapter at my school got pulled I wouldn't do the same thing(post pure gossip on the internet.. I think not). Hey everyone I heard about this thing but I can't tell you until later(really cool).
Just because rumors and gossip are part of the greek system doesn't mean that we fraternity men need to gossip like old women.Like I said there is really no point to this thread until you come forward with your highly classified info.

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but TKE's charter hasn't been pulled they're just no longer recognized by SDSU. The last time that I had talked to my buddies at Kappa Sig their appeal had gone well and were expected back on campus. By the way the girls in AXO at SDSU are so damn hot.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, in 2000, they were kicked out the same weekend as Beta. And, of course, TKE's national decided to keep them on without IFC recognition.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

HMMMMM, I have never known a Fraterity House Looking Like something out of a Magazine. Well unless it was really cleaned up for the Pix!

Assumptions can be very misleading to some! But I do know if I went down to My Chapter House, there would be beer cans in the yard and the shrubs! Now that does piss me off!

Side note, any of you Guys from SDSU know anything about LXA recolonizing there?

If your Nationals are like ours, everything is a big Damn Secret!

hoosier, while I usually back you, I too wondered from whence you came on this one??

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-14-2003, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

This isn't that sort of message board...

I could really care less about this thread because it involves, nor interests me in no way. However, in my short time on GC, I have found that this is not just another trashy message board where people post inappropriate and degrading messages. In life their will be disaggreements, but lets uphold a certain level of respect towards each other and keep the "trash talk" off GC.

On a separate note, just out of curiousity, if a GLO is not recognized by the campus, how do they go about recruiting new members? Is it all underground? How does this affect their involvement in campus-sponsored activities?
Old 08-14-2003, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

lambda chi will be re colonizing this spring 2004. i am on the expansion committee and i will let you know whatever you want (if i can) as soon as things get going. i know they have meet at least a few times with the advisors already. they still own a house located on the corner of Montezuma and campanile. my house lived in it when lambda chi got kicked off until a year ago, and this past year it has been occupied by sigma pi. i know their lease ends after this coming year. i don’t know if lambda chi will reoccupy it or if it is scheduled to be torn down before fall 2004.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought they were moving to the Sammy House? I thouht they bought it?
Old 08-14-2003, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

they may have, i dont know for sure. but as of right now they still own their old house, and sdsu foundation is susposed to buy the property to build an elder hostil.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Thanks Guys!

HPUpike, if you do not care, then why post?

If you do not like GC they why be here???

If you do not Know everything, then why ask as you dont seem to care one way or the other!

There are many people who do care, so screw off!

LX Z # 1
Alumni