GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,841
1 members and 1,840 guests
haledarkz870

Old 12-01-2018, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

FSU Spring rush

Hi guys! So I am transferring from UF to FSU this spring 2019. I will be a sophomore just to clarify. Anyways, I really think rushing would be a great option to fully transition into the school. I have a great GPA and extracurriculars but I don’t know a lot of girls in sororities at FSU simply because I went to UF my first year and a half. Also I am concerned if spring rush is even worth it because there may not be any houses and I don’t know if I’m likely to get a bid. So I guess my question is, are there going to be houses for spring rush and is it likely I’ll get a bid or are the odds very slim? Also, would it be better to wait until fall/does fall rush have advantages? Thank you!
Old 12-01-2018, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

the first consideration is going to be your GPA....
Old 12-01-2018, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah I have a really good GPA but how much would that increase my chance of getting a bid? I didn’t think it was that important but if it is it’s in my favor
Old 12-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

FSU Panhellenic will have an organized meeting in the winter-usually the latter part of January. The Panhellenic officers will speak to the PNMs first, then all the sororities will be there and you can speak with each group. After that the sororities who can rush Spring Semester will contact PNMs and invite them to different events. I urge you to attend the meeting and meet as many of the chapters as time permits. Accept all the invitations you receive. Unless you are from out of state, you will probably see girls you knew in HS. As a sophomore, this will be your best bet. If it doesn’ t work out for you in the Spring there is always fall formal, but it is harder the higher up you get in class rank. Please, please get recommendations. You need them at FSU. Pm me if you need more info.

Since you won’t know which chapters are eligible to rush, you should get recs to as many chapters as you can.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I second everything FSUZeta says - she knows whereof she speaks....
Old 12-01-2018, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackienoodle View Post
Yeah I have a really good GPA but how much would that increase my chance of getting a bid? I didn’t think it was that important but if it is it’s in my favor
A high collegiate GPA is critical. Have you looked at the GPAs for sororities on campus? They are going to be looking for girls to bring their averages UP, not down.

FSU GPA Report
Old 12-02-2018, 10:06 AM

If you want to be Greek at FSU, definitely go through informal and follow everything recommended above. If you get a bid from a chapter you like, take it. If you don't, spend the semester focus on your education but also getting involved on campus. Join groups focused on things you enjoy. Chat up people in class. *Make connections.* Odds are that many you meet will be Greek. Then, get more recs and go through Formal. As a Junior at FSU recs and connections are absolutely necessary for a chance at a bid.

Good luck!