GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,514
2 members and 1,512 guests
*winter*, znathanhulzeo24

Old 04-12-2011, 06:49 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ At least he doesn't lack confidence...lol.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

this thread reminded me the fun in logging on to okcupid and finding weird messages. i've been in a relationship for over two years (also listed on my profile on there) but i still get some interesting emails.

this winner was in my mailbox; keep in mind this is the first message/contact period:

Well my real name is Thaddeus by the way. First I'm mixed with African American and Native American. So if that's a deal breaker, I totally understand but had to put that out there. I actually just moved back to TX from LA myself at the beginning of the year so I'm still trying to get settle in a little but I'm almost done. I live in Providence Village but some people are like "WHERE?"...lol

I'm sensitive but I put on this hard shell on the outside, I know it's pride. I'm not perfect but I do try hard to improve myself from time to time. I'm not the type to speak empty words to make someone like me. I will tell you the truth however; in love though. I guess I'm writing all this so you will believe that I'm real because I been on dating sites before in the past and sometimes people are not who they say they are so I just want you to feel a little safe with me knowing that I'm actually not worried about whether or not we are perfect for each other. More often than not, we will just be friends and help each other clarify what we do and don't want, which is equally as useful.

Hope to hear from you but if not, BLESSINGS and continue being you!

Thaddeus J

"We are who we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

*crickets*

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 04-13-2011, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
*crickets*

Which is precisely what kind of response that guy should get to his ad!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You are undiscribable. The light in your eyes and what I feel when I see you., your parents did good work.

Know that I treasure you, you are very special. I don't know where you stand in life or in your mind how you feel, but if you need a real friend, lover, fighter, someone who cares then I'm the 1.

I come from old traditions I understand people how they feel, perspectives and considerate. It is my tradition to be nice, and cherish us humans.
I respect everything in life even when I touch the ground I know I come from there and one day will return to it.
A woman is the same as a home she can bear a child, therefore she is a home (for the baby) and must be respected the same.

About me.
I am from Alexandria, Egypt.
I am ½ German ½ Egyptian I was raised in the Egyptian military. 17 I joined the U.S Military and am qualified Special forces/Sniper/Medic. I fight for the U.S, Egypt, for all countries that need me. I live hard and fast.

My whole life I wanted to be a "Hero" but most Heros I know are dead. Still, that is what I live for.I have this feeling inside me every second I breathe, a feeling stronger then passion, more powerfull then faith, hotter then fire. It is this feeling that weild in my hands.

I love Martial arts and exercise I've been training since age 5. Constantly learning about my self and how to control the machine I am. My skills have been used to save my life and others many times, and it has been a great tool in which to focus my internal being and a major inspiration of my entire life as a whole.

Chalestenichs, gymnastics, weight lifting, running, swimming, scuba and sky diving, shooting, rock climbing, swimming with sharks, jumping off buildings occasionally you know, another "day at the office" I also enjoy good conversation, and the presence of a woman to talk to is not without appreciation.

I love guitar, when I play I can control the sound and release so many feelings its incredible. I try to get a good aspect on life and just try to understand everything for what it is. I also like to just meditate and contemplate everything.
My life is a vast and complex product of this world, but I do my best to enjoy every second of it!! Everyday is another 24 hour chance to improve at anything and everything I do.

I have a titanium plate with 6 screws in a bone in my hand from war. I was shot 3 inches under my heart. I was in a knife fight and got my ankle sliced open. My other ankle was broken in 3 places in a motorcycle accident where I was hit then fell under a moving vehicle and almost died, I have a stainless steel plate and screws in that ankle, among countless exposures to violence this world continues to hurt me yet I remain.
I covered the basics but there is much more. Good luck in trying to understand me better for who and what I am.

• I Serve with Honor and Integrity On and Off the Battlefield
• The aphorism "as a man thinketh in his heart so is he" contains the secret of life.

I live for 2 reasons..

1-BE A HERO.
2-KILL BAD GUYS.
Thanks for your time, now its your turn..

By the way, I'd love to hold you in my arms and stare into those pretty eyes of yours...

-C*******
FYI: This small novel is in response to my message which only said:
Quote:
Aww thank you. I don't think we're compatible as far as what we're looking for but that [compliment] definitely made me smile. :-)
You give a guy the "No, thank you" and he writes you a book. Is this how it's supposed to go?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:49 AM
GreekChat Member

LMAO. Just click "Delete"
Old 04-15-2011, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
LMAO. Just click "Delete"
NO! You can't BUY entertainment that good. She should lead him on a bit.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't describe what I'm talking about very well but it has all the elements that the Nigerian scammer guys had in their notes to me so I think it's a scammer person who will end up telling her he is stuck in another country and needs money to get home. The common elements tend to be :Some sort of job that requires foreign travel, An unnatural and premature proclamation of feeling a connection, the "traditional" stuff. I'm betting he would soon start asking if she was still talking to other men and claim that he stopped talking with all other women as soon as he saw her profile because he knows she is the one.

So yeah, cg, keep egging him on, I want to see if I'm right
Old 04-16-2011, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I can't describe what I'm talking about very well but it has all the elements that the Nigerian scammer guys had in their notes to me so I think it's a scammer person who will end up telling her he is stuck in another country and needs money to get home. The common elements tend to be :Some sort of job that requires foreign travel, An unnatural and premature proclamation of feeling a connection, the "traditional" stuff. I'm betting he would soon start asking if she was still talking to other men and claim that he stopped talking with all other women as soon as he saw her profile because he knows she is the one.

So yeah, cg, keep egging him on, I want to see if I'm right
But this guy doesn't need her help! He's been shot, knifed, run over and suffered broken bones...yet he remains. He fights for whichever country needs him! Though I think he'd be too much of a bother to vacation with, what with those metal plates and his sniper rifle setting off the TSA metal detectors all the time. I'd pass.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

New guy:

Well for a first date. I would like to meet and greet. Because you need to see if you like each other first. Before you go out spending all of your money and time. Some women feel the man should have to pay for everything. That's not cool. Some women like to go out and spend your money . But the hole time don't even like you. I like to meet and greet. And if we have a second date we go from there. Because i like kids. But i don't play. Only time can tell what's going to happen next.I don't like when a lady play games and try to make you wait hella long before you make love. I don't do friends first. I like takeing long walks to the bed. Just keeping it real. : o). If we go on 3 dates and nothing happens. It won't be a 4th date. I like to keep a long story short. I like to test drive the car before i buy it.Bet all the men put lies up on there profile. But i'm keeping it real. If we fall in love and get married that's a good thing. Hope you find what you looking for. Good luck. ;o)

No. I don't think. We're a good fit. Because you sound. Not my type.

He wrote a msg that said, "call me at 123-456-7890." I wrote back "No, thanks."

ETA: Aaaand the oh-so mature response:

Ok big girl! I had a lot of cupcake and ice cream for you! How much you weight 300 pounds? All I wanted to do is hit and run. Have a nice life big girl!

Verily, I say unto you--->

Last edited by christiangirl; 04-22-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe you didn't pick up the phone and call him that very minute!!!!!!! Sheesh!

My standard "no" is now "I'm sorry, I've met someone and am seeing only him now." It seems to bring fewer insults than a simple "No thanks".
Old 04-23-2011, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
New guy:

Well for a first date. I would like to meet and greet. Because you need to see if you like each other first. Before you go out spending all of your money and time. Some women feel the man should have to pay for everything. That's not cool. Some women like to go out and spend your money . But the hole time don't even like you. I like to meet and greet. And if we have a second date we go from there. Because i like kids. But i don't play. Only time can tell what's going to happen next.I don't like when a lady play games and try to make you wait hella long before you make love. I don't do friends first. I like takeing long walks to the bed. Just keeping it real. : o). If we go on 3 dates and nothing happens. It won't be a 4th date. I like to keep a long story short. I like to test drive the car before i buy it.Bet all the men put lies up on there profile. But i'm keeping it real. If we fall in love and get married that's a good thing. Hope you find what you looking for. Good luck. ;o)

No. I don't think. We're a good fit. Because you sound. Not my type.

He wrote a msg that said, "call me at 123-456-7890." I wrote back "No, thanks."

ETA: Aaaand the oh-so mature response:

Ok big girl! I had a lot of cupcake and ice cream for you! How much you weight 300 pounds? All I wanted to do is hit and run. Have a nice life big girl!

Verily, I say unto you--->
I agree with what he was saying. He shouldn't have called you big girl tho, but I don't think anything is wrong with what he was saying earlier.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre1911 View Post
I agree with what he was saying. He shouldn't have called you big girl tho, but I don't think anything is wrong with what he was saying earlier.
Not surprising coming from a guy who knocks up a girl and pawns off all responsiblity to one of his fraternity brothers

Why does he use "meet and greet" when he really means hump and dump?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
Not surprising coming from a guy who knocks up a girl and pawns off all responsiblity to one of his fraternity brothers

Why does he use "meet and greet" when he really means hump and dump?
How am pawning respomsibilty off on my frat?

Meet and greet means he wants to meet her in person. I don't think he meant that he wanted to hit it without see what she was about. He was going to hit it eventually, but I thought it was cool that he wanted to see what she was about tho.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre1911 View Post
How am pawning respomsibilty off on my frat?

Meet and greet means he wants to meet her in person. I don't think he meant that he wanted to hit it without see what she was about. He was going to hit it eventually, but I thought it was cool that he wanted to see what she was about tho.
You accidentally slept with her. Stop being dumb.