GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 853
1 members and 852 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool ausguals SPRING 08 recruitment story !!!! :)

Hey everyone

I've been sketching around GC for some time now and I've been DYING to be able to post a recruitment story.....and recruitment starts today! I'm on the eastern part of the state (I'm not saying where..) and I think about 7 sororities are participating in recruitment, but I won't know for sure until the meeting tonight...so I'll let you know. I'm not sure what to expect from the meeting exactly but I'm siked for it. It's in about an hour and I'll post ASAP when its over.

I'm a sophomore, by the way. And I can't decide what code names to use for all the different chapters, so hopefully when I come back from my meeting I'll have come up with something

Last edited by ausguals; 01-24-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
I'll be the first to say good luck and I look forward to reading about your experience!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausguals View Post
I'm on the eastern part of the state (I'm not saying where..)

Do you mean "eastern part of the country"? Just wondering... good luck!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

haha yes sorry, i meant eastern part of the country

Sadly, there are only 4 sororities going through recruitment. We didn't do much at the meeting except meet with our councilors and go over how things will go for the next week (no agenda, if you get invited to a chapter event you can go, but you don't have to, and you may not get invited to any events). I thought a lot more people there would be a little dressed up, but there were girls their in sweat pants, which surprised me a little

Anyways... I'm going to name them after different types of diamond cuts....Princess, Emerald, Marquis, and Round. (That is, if I get invited to more than one. They were told not to contact us before 8 pm tonight, but we were warned that they weren't forbidden from inviting us before then.)

I have a party tomorrow with Princess, at their house. From my understanding, I don't think all the girls going through recruitment got invited. I haven't met any of the girls before, so it should be interesting. Their house is gorgeous on the outside though, so I'm interested in seeing the inside .

The hardest time I'm going to have is not listening to the girl who lives across the hall from me. She's in another sorority that isn't rushing, and she has opinions on every other sorority on campus, which is fine, but now probably isn't the time to be expressing her opinions on me, and I'm definately not listening to them. She's a great friend, but just because she didn't like a sorority (or maybe they didn't like her?) doesn't mean she should hold me back. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm expecting to "pick a sorority," I'm not cocky, trust me. I know I'm lucky if I get an invite--or a bid!!--anywhere, especially being a sophomore.

PS. Bid day is Thursday, January 31st
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Love the names!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a little confused. Is this an informal recruitment? Are they NPC chapters?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

sounds like a different type of recruitment-- should be interesting to hear about!

i hope you get an invite from round; i'd like to cheer for them.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

sorry, i'm terribly vauge (obviously i've never done a recruitment story before). It is informal recruitment, and yes, they are NPC chapters. The way my school does it is that we have a meeting and meet with our greek advisors, but we aren't likely to see them again after today, though they are likely to call us to ask how things are going during the week.

The organizations that have decided to participate are sent our recuitment applications that we filled out. They don't have to invite us to anything if they don't want to, and aren't required to do so. If they like what they see, we could be invited to a dinner or dessert with them or any other function. However, you aren't really guaranteed to be contacted by any sorority if you sign up. I don't know if thats how informal works at other schools, but its more like "continuous open recruitment," really.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

good luck.. i hope you get invited to all 4.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the clarification and good luck to you.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

how exciting that you already have one invitation!! good for you for not taking anything your friend across the hall says-but, maybe she will realize that you might be looking for a different experience than she was, and will be supportive of you.

please let us know how things go!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Hooray for informal recruitment! I've been waiting to read one of these!

I hope you are asked to all 4 and good luck to you!

Can't wait to read more!

Old 01-22-2008, 10:26 PM

Best of luck!

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

great news !! Emerald called this evening and dropped off an invitation at my RAs desk (I wasn't there at the time). The invitation is SOOO cute and I loved that they came by to personally deliver it. Their first party is later on this week (thank goodness it doesn't conflict with Princess'!!!!! I've heard horror stories before about that!) and have two parties after that...the girl who called me seemed really nice and I'm excited to meet them. I had lunch with a friend and her friend, who was an Emerald, and she was very laid back, though a bit shy, so I'm excited to meet the rest.

No word on Round or Marquis, but I heard Round doesn't necessarily take sophomores, but I'm hopping they'll make an exception and invite me to a party
Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

May you end up sporting the cut that best flatters your hand!