GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,529
0 members and 1,529 guests
No Members online

Old 09-27-2002, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, here's the latest update on my saga...

I found out I can't pledge the NPC sorority. Since I'm not a full-time student and never will be, I'm ineligible, thank you and goodbye.

I never ended up making that call or writing that email yesterday, I just didn't show up to the pledge activity. I'm guessing that they know now I am de-pledging, but I still have to make it official.

I can't tell you all how disappointed I am not to be able to become a part of greek life. It's something I've always wanted to do since I was a little girl. Thanks for all of your advice, though..... I'm sure you'll see me lurking around here still
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-27-2002, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

atsgirl,
You are absolutely doing the right thing. You must know that in your heart. Being humiliated by other people is not a part of friendship Greek or otherwise. As for your participation in Greek Life, I would kindly direct you to the following Alumni Initiation thread:
http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showth...threadid=20287
Cutie Pie2000 put together a wealth of information on this aspect of Greek life.

Also, erica812 is starting a chapter of Beta Sigma Phi at her school. I would definitely suggest looking into this very active sorority.
erica's GC thread:
http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showth...threadid=23269
the national site:
www.betasigmaphi.org

I can tell you that Greek Life needs and wants women of character. What you are doing now is an example of your character. I will continue to hope that you find a sisterhood within which you can find a true home and become the leader I suspect you already are.

Greek Love and Mine,
violets
Old 09-27-2002, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

There are a lot of sororities out there that would love for you to start a chapter for them! Or you don't necessarily have to join a sorority, but you can make your own local. Find other women that have the same values as you, and go from there.

I'm glad that you decided to leave though. I feel that if you're uncomfortable during pledging, then you're gonna be uncomfortable in the group for the rest of your life. That's probably one of the best decissions you're gonna make. (Believe me... I went through the same thing with another group, then I became a founder of Phi Sigma Sigma--Another best decission I made!)

Good luck with everything. And if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, or anyone else on this thread!

Much love~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 09-27-2002, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by atsgirl
Well, here's the latest update on my saga...

I found out I can't pledge the NPC sorority. Since I'm not a full-time student and never will be, I'm ineligible, thank you and goodbye.

I never ended up making that call or writing that email yesterday, I just didn't show up to the pledge activity. I'm guessing that they know now I am de-pledging, but I still have to make it official.

I can't tell you all how disappointed I am not to be able to become a part of greek life. It's something I've always wanted to do since I was a little girl. Thanks for all of your advice, though..... I'm sure you'll see me lurking around here still
atsgirl,

I agree with what some of the other women have said. Alumnae initiation is definitely an option you should consider. One of my best friends from college was just initiated this month into Delta Zeta as an alumna initiate, and she says it is one of the best things she has ever done!
Old 09-27-2002, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Hey -- don't mean to be a killjoy, but you're not doing anyone any good if you don't tell these girls why you're depledging.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree with what has been said so far. Alumnae initation is definately something to look into! It can be a great experience!