GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,396
1 members and 1,395 guests
FSUZeta

Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Your Favorite Letters

Hi everyone,

I'm actually still a pledge, but as my initiation date next week nears, I'm getting more and more excited to finally be able to wear our letters. I've been going on different websites because I want to make one for myself but it's so hard choosing the right colors/combinations. There are so many choices and no previews to know what actually looks good together!

I was wondering if you girls could post some pictures of your favorite letters up so I could get some ideas.

PS. I hope it's not being frowned upon that I have Kappa as part of my username when I'm not an active yet, but i figured it's only a week and I didn't want to have to request a change in the username.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh boy! I'm super excited to share!

I got this from the Key Source, but I called in to make a custom order. The lady was so nice and excited to hear about my chapter! The hood is also lined with pink argyle.

I'm honestly not sure which website I got this shirt from, but I got another one in a different Vera Bradley print. This is my fav though.

Annnd this is the only crewneck sweatshirt I have. I just got "Alumna" embroidered on it in white. I think the embroidery is a little crooked, but that's another story. The pic was taken before I got it embroidered today.

Ok, and here's another picture of me and one of my chapter sisters in case you want more ideas!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm creepy, so now I'm poaching pictures from my sister's pages. The girl on the far right has light purple letters, white outline, and a purple sweatshirt, btw.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Sorry to crash, but Lucy, you got the VB shirt from gonegreek.com.
I have 2 VB shirts
Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post
Sorry to crash, but Lucy, you got the VB shirt from gonegreek.com.
I have 2 VB shirts
Yeah, I'm sure that's right. I get confused because most of those websites sound alike.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not entirely sure but i think that last picture you posted, the girl on the left, her hoodie is what our family letters look like i think or at least close to it. I really like your crewneck, was that your initiation letters?
Old 02-27-2010, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
I got this from the Key Source, but I called in to make a custom order. The lady was so nice and excited to hear about my chapter! The hood is also lined with pink argyle.
I'm curious- how is the sizing on this one? I've thought about ordering the blue argyle one. My current Kappa hoodie (yes, only one!) is listed as "conservative women's sizing" and the argyle ones are unisex.

My chapter really wasn't big on letters- actually the whole campus wasn't now that I think about it. We had plenty of Kappa things, but most didn't have letter shirts or hoodies. Didn't bother me at the time but sometimes a big letter hoodie just sounds nice.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaKaren View Post
I'm not entirely sure but i think that last picture you posted, the girl on the left, her hoodie is what our family letters look like i think or at least close to it. I really like your crewneck, was that your initiation letters?
My chapter doesn't have a tradition of buying NMs letters for initiation. I bought all of these on my own. The crewneck was actually my latest purchase after I graduated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetygerlily View Post
I'm curious- how is the sizing on this one? I've thought about ordering the blue argyle one. My current Kappa hoodie (yes, only one!) is listed as "conservative women's sizing" and the argyle ones are unisex.
Hmm...I think it's unisex. It fits the same as any other hoodie I have.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash...ad sorry i dont really have a picture as I am on my dads computer and not mine... but do you have a clothing store near campus that makes greek apparel...we have one and they are definately the best pace to go if you wanna know what patterns will look like together even if you dont buy from them...but anyway I only have some really cute ADPi letters one is my family jersey its a pink with white dots with white backing on a navy shirt (its really cute) and the one I had designed for me (some of my sister's call it my lisa frank shirt, u know hte designer we all loved in elementary school) it on a hot pink shirt with lime green backing and the material is a pink, pruple, blue, orange, and green leopard in columns by color (ok I know it sounds odd but it really is cute and fits my personality well)...ive also tried my hand at making my own they look fine but its obviouse they arent a professional job...one has blue material with penguin on a blue shirt with black backing...prety much pick something you like and you'll love the shirt
Old 07-06-2010, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a marine biology major, so for my initiation my big (also a marine bio major) got me letters with little clownfish on them on a light blue shirt. It's so cute and personal, and I wear it all the time! I thought it was so sweet that she took the time to hunt down a print that was so unique for me!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaKaren View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm actually still a pledge, but as my initiation date next week nears, I'm getting more and more excited to finally be able to wear our letters. I've been going on different websites because I want to make one for myself but it's so hard choosing the right colors/combinations. There are so many choices and no previews to know what actually looks good together!

I was wondering if you girls could post some pictures of your favorite letters up so I could get some ideas.

PS. I hope it's not being frowned upon that I have Kappa as part of my username when I'm not an active yet, but i figured it's only a week and I didn't want to have to request a change in the username.
Just so everyone is clear, New Members can wear letters from the moment they are pledged to Kappa. The only thing New Members cannot wear is the Kappa badge.

That being said, I don't have any pictures of letter shirts (I'm old and would have to scan them!) but I love the argyle print from the Key Source.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Go awayyyyy!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmoore View Post
but why???
Because you're spamming.

If that wasn't your intention (hahahahahahahaha) take the linkage out of your post.