GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,345
0 members and 2,345 guests
No Members online

Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper252525 View Post
First off, lambdi chi doesnt exist at Baylor or if they do, then obviously who cares, and SAE is too big here
Second, athletic usually does mean fratty
Third, touche on calling me southern bc i want fratty guys
Fourth, I like the lunch idea from recommendations, we were thinking about taking suggestions at sorority meetings and then using that to break the ice with rushes

Thanks guys, any other ideas?
Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but what exactly do you mean by Fratty? What does that term mean to you?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-29-2010, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Try again...he gave you a HUGE clue.
I know. He said "Around the World" party.

While that may be a super common party, I'm familiar with three or four LXA chapters who have it. But I figured it out, I had to look a bit harder. Good catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper252525 View Post
Second, athletic usually does mean fratty
use to be athletic = fratty.

But not if you keep your physique up in college because it means you aren't drinking enough beer and are probably the type who drinks low-cal vodka or something/ not eating enough.

I had to look up tierz on Old Row to get a few confirmations. All I knew about Baylor was SAE and KOT

I will have to say, handing out PFG's for Bid Day? I don't know about that. Sounds like trying too hard. No worries though.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by Elephant Walk; 06-29-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffootball37 View Post
i think the most effective thing, rather then big events, are small get togethers where your pnm's will actually have a chance to meet and get to know people. Just go for pizza, a sports game, hang out playing video games. Little things to get to know different people. Usually with big parties you get allot of the rift raft that have no intention of joining a fraternity, they just want free booze.
I concur!

"If someone acts as you would expect them to act, you have no right to be disappointed."
Old 05-01-2011, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

....I think that OP may have been from my campus.

A fraternity here had a concert for Lou Gherig's disease a while back. They took a pledge class of class of 17 last fall but there were only 3 initiated (or left to be initiated).
Old 05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Opposing things.

Athletic =/= Fratty.

And I'm guessing Baylor Lambda Chi. Don't got a tier system there, so who knows. I know SAE had been doing alright there for awhile.
Nope. It def. isn't Lambda Chi or SAE. I could tell exactly what fraternity, by something he said and everyone is saying Baylor.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Dudes with shirts off.
Dudes with shirts off.
Dudes with shirts off.

Just sayin' is all
Somehow I feel like sponsoring a women's Jello wrestling tournament might get the fraternity even better results... (Kidding!)
Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

So...Maybe it's the recent NFL draft (which I equate to sorority recruitment for me) but, couldn't you and the brothers, during the spring semester, get a bunch of guys together---yes, I realize it's at the END of the semester but, just go with it---and watch the NFL draft together as friends/ just guys? I would think bonding over someone from your school or another local school that you love getting drafted would be really cool. Are there other sporting events like that? I mean, do they do that with basketball? I realize it would be the END of the semester but, it leaves the guys with a great impression of your fraternity for their return in the fall. I would think that might help. Thoughts?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Nope. It def. isn't Lambda Chi or SAE. I could tell exactly what fraternity, by something he said and everyone is saying Baylor.
I thought it might be this chapter at my school, but I definitely do not attend Baylor!

it still sounded like them though....they didn't change their image much-they're still at the bottom in terms of retention, GPA, service hours per man. They throw those "awesome" parties, but that's how everyone seems to judge the quality of men's greek organizations at my school.

I don't get why they keep doing the same thing when it's not benefitting them, but then again, I suppose staying afloat for the past decade and remaining the oldest active chapter on campus is a nice thing eh?
Old 10-16-2011, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I need some ideas that don't cost much for spring rush?