GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,537
3 members and 2,534 guests
Xidelt

Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

TKE

I am a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. We used to have TKE chapters at NSU, University of Central Oklahoma, and University of Oklahoma, but the OU chapter got kicked off campus for shooting flaming arrows at the Lambda Chi Alpha house a couple of years ago. Anyway, when I went through two years ago, it was just UCO and NSU that had TKE chapters. Oklahoma State University finally got a chapter this semester and I recently found out that Southwestern Oklahoma State University will have a chapter within a year and a half. So, within a year and a half, Oklahoma will be back up to 4 TKE chapters and hopefully within the next couple of years, we will be able to get the chapter at OU restarted. My cousin was a TKE at OU and he said the alumni support would be unbelievable there if we could start one back up. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiingSister View Post
Honeychile thanks for the info.

I am surprised that ADPi will get to recolonize so soon? How did they swing that? Especially considering all the chapters that left before them; SDT, ZTA, AOII.

Why did ADPi go off campus? Numbers?

I am curious, now.

After looking at IrishPipes notes on Arizona, it seems like they have been a revolving door with the sororities. There doesn't seem to be one that hasn't been on the campus.
I honestly don't know, but I think numbers would be a good guess. The total number of years that they would be off campus was five.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

AOII -- Charter at University of LaVerne

Campus paper has an article about the new AOII chapter. Congratulations.

http://www.ulv.edu/campustimes/05110...ries/greek.htm
Old 05-11-2007, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laak 315 View Post
I am a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. We used to have TKE chapters at NSU, University of Central Oklahoma, and University of Oklahoma, but the OU chapter got kicked off campus for shooting flaming arrows at the Lambda Chi Alpha house a couple of years ago. Anyway, when I went through two years ago, it was just UCO and NSU that had TKE chapters. Oklahoma State University finally got a chapter this semester and I recently found out that Southwestern Oklahoma State University will have a chapter within a year and a half. So, within a year and a half, Oklahoma will be back up to 4 TKE chapters and hopefully within the next couple of years, we will be able to get the chapter at OU restarted. My cousin was a TKE at OU and he said the alumni support would be unbelievable there if we could start one back up. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Awesome stuff bud, I'm also an Okie boy!

I was Initiated into Sigma Nu at the University of Tulsa. We were at about 70 members then (tied with KS for manpower). About 5-7 years or so ago there was some event that divided the active chapter. Nationals came in, more went Alumni, and they shut them down when they were down to like 10 members.

Oklahoma State has always been strong. They got booted (hazing?), but are back and very strong again.

Oklahoma University was VERY strong in the 80's. Then most of the chapter got kicked by nationals for something or other. They have had a hard time getting back since (my pledge class had to go down and help them with rush one year). I think they are around 30 or 40 members now; very small for OU.

Our UCO chapter was founded in 2002, but they appear to be doing very well.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

To the best of my knowledge, TKE has never had a chapter at TU. I'm not sure why, but I think it would be great if we could get one started there, especially since I'm from Tulsa and go back there occasionally throughout the course of the school year, and am on campus hanging out with my friends a lot.

UCO TKE is doing well. They have a fairly new $2 million house from what I am told and a lot of our guys occasionally go down to Edmond to hang out with guys from their chapter.

I was told that OSU has upwards of 50+ guys they initiated into TKE a couple of weeks ago and a couple of our guys went down to Stillwater to help with their initiation. They are supposedly looking for a house in Stillwater right now, which I can honestly say, if they find one, I'll be in Stillwater hanging out with them at least once a month lol. I have no doubt that their future rush numbers will be great.

From what I have heard, our nationals is not looking to get the OU chapter of TKE restarted anytime soon. I have been told a few stories as to why they left campus, but I have heard the "flaming arrow" story more times than anything else. I know the alumni support would be amazing if we got one started up there again.

My chapter, at NSU, is doing very well. With my pledge class (14 guys, Fall 2005), we doubled in size of active members. We initiated 14 more guys last semester which brought our scroll up to 338. (Been around since 1990) We have had steady rush numbers for the last couple of years and we are looking to do a few things differently that we feel would make us a better chapter in TKE and the best fraternity on NSU's campus. Going to a small school in a small town, such as Tahlequah, is difficult for greek organizations as it pertains to rush, but my chapter is determined to get 30+ guys this fall through rush. We are at somewhat of a disadvantage because we are not allowed to have fraternity or sorority housing (i.e. Greek houses). (The sororities up here have dorm floors to themselves, while fraternities are somewhat left out in the cold). However, we have many houses across campus that members live in, so it could be worse. I'm certainly looking forward to this Fall semester and am interested in finding out whether the changes we will be making will help our chapter overall. I think they will.