GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 798
0 members and 798 guests
No Members online

Old 09-22-2014, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

After a long day of classes it was finally time to return and see who invited us back. I was so excited because I felt as if I rocked the day before. When I finally open my schedule it read
Jazzberry Jam
Purple Mountains Majesty
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Laser Lemon

…WHAT!!! I was crushed, rejection stung. I gave my all in every house I went to and that wasn’t enough. Every girl around me had 7-8 invitations back and I had 4, I felt as if there as no way I wasn’t going to be cut next round. I wanted to give these houses my all but in the back of my head I felt as if my all would yet again not be good enough and I would be released from recruitment with that being said my impressions of the parties went as followed:

Jazzberry Jam-I LIKE this house, not yet love but definitely not discounting the possibility that I might grow to love them. Their songs and philanthropy video were really good and I enjoyed the conversations I had with the actives

Purple Mountains Majesty- Okay so I LOVED this house today. Their philanthropy was something I would love to be involved in and their video with their songs was AMAZING. I already have that “this feels like home feeling” but am still wary to get my hopes up

Fuzzy Wuzzy- I still wanted to like this house and I tried so hard to but it just didn’t click with me. The girl talking to me wasn’t really talking to me and it was hard to bring up something to keep the conversation flowing because there were hardly any tangents in the conversation to bridge off of. I still want to like this house but so far I haven’t felt that way

Laser Lemon- Still loving this house. My conversations were good and once again I felt like I jelled with the girls in this house well. Their philanthropy was pretty interesting and the songs they did were so so so good!! Another house I could see myself joining
Old 09-22-2014, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hang in there! And keep updating!
You still have some good connections.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Though we anticipate a happy ending to a post-recruitment story, it's fun to see how you got to your home! Also, I had some coffee and figured out your user name. For some reason, instead of reading "anonymous", I read it as "non-Reb" LOL. I imagined you attending Ole Miss but rooting for LSU! I'm looking forward to the next segment of your adventure.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post
Though we anticipate a happy ending to a post-recruitment story, it's fun to see how you got to your home! Also, I had some coffee and figured out your user name. For some reason, instead of reading "anonymous", I read it as "non-Reb" LOL. I imagined you attending Ole Miss but rooting for LSU! I'm looking forward to the next segment of your adventure.
OMG I swear I am not a "stupid person" but darn if this thread is not making me feel like one!!! first the crayon colors and now the user name! I was actually thinking she was probably a "northern" OOS…. hence a-non-reb by birth…..

LOVING your story and can't wait to see where you end up!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

I thought anon was for anonymous
Old 09-23-2014, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Looking forward to the next installment anonreb.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I apologize I have been in class all day but will be heading to my dorm shortly to post an update!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

After a night of no sleep and a full day of wondering who had cut me I finally got to see my invite list again. I got back:

Jazzberry Jam
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Laser Lemon

Well darn, Purple Mountain Majesty had cut me but I anticipated it because I just simply didn't have the connections other girls had. Plus I still had Laser Lemon who was my absolute favorite.

Jazzberry Jam- Still not feeling any strong emotions with this house. Their skit was funny and the girl I talked to was extremely nice but I didn't feel that connect I wanted to feel.

Fuzzy Wuzzy- Third time's the charm? Ehh slightly. The girl I had today was so nice and really gave me an idea of what their sisterhood was like. Still not completely sold on this chapter but the girl rushing me gave me more hope in liking this chapter.

Laser Lemon- YES YES YES YES!!!!!! I so badly want to call this chapter home. Every girl I've talked to has been so cool and I feel like I've been on the same wavelength in a sense with every sister I talk to. I felt like here I could see that intangible "thing" that makes a sisterhood special. I could see myself being friends with all these girls. Their skit was hilarious and everything about this chapter was perfection. Can I sign my bid card yet?

I ranked Jazzberry Jam and Laser Lemon as the houses I wanted to Pref and placed Fuzzy Wuzzy as number 2. on the rankings list
Old 09-23-2014, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to you!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to hear the end :-)
Old 09-23-2014, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Fingers crossed for Laser Lemon, but I also have a feeling you might have been charmed by one of the others at Preference....
Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

What color is Fuzzy Wuzzy? Brown?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Night before pref? Forget about getting sleep. I was fairly confident in who I would get back because for one chapter (laser lemon) it didn't feel like I was trying to impress them but instead was just chatting with my friends. The feelings I have towards this chapter seem mutual.

Drumroll Please.....
My invitations to pref are

Fuzzy Wuzzy
Jazzberry Jam

NO. Heartbreak at its finest. I didn't expect to love a chapter as much as I loved laser lemon so of course I didn't expect the heartbreak that came when they cut me. For the first time this week I cried, not because I hated the two houses I had back but because Laser Lemon was sooo me. I even felt bad about crying because I didn't want it to seem like I was upset with what I had back I was just really torn up about who I didn't have. Even the friends I had made through out this week were shocked, they said "If I wasn't 'Laser Lemon'material who was!" I will never understand why I was dropped but at that point I realized if I wanted to be greek I was either going to be a Fuzzy Wuzzy or a Jazzberry Jam.

Fuzzy Wuzzy- FINALLY I HAD A GOOD CONVERSATION! The girl I talked to was so cool and personable but it kind of felt too little too late because in the back of my head I still had reminders of the bad conversations I had had before.

Jazzberry Jam- Had another good conversation with the girl rushing me. I like this chapter but I still don't feel the way about this chapter that I did laser lemon.

Needless to say I was very upset the night before bid day, it hurt even more to see girls who were over the moon excited about their two remaining options and I kind of just felt meh about them.

With that being said I put Jazzberry Jam as my first option and Fuzzy Wuzzy as the second.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad you stuck with it, even after your disappointment. Can't wait to hear the rest!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm late to the party, but I enjoyed reading it.

Big hugs to you and can't wait to hear the rest.