GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,295
1 members and 1,294 guests
Cookiez17

Old 11-26-2001, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tallahassee, Florida, USA and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Sisterplum
If y'all are interested, here's a pic of my engagement ring and wedding band!
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/sisterplu...c=ph%26.view=t
The pic isn't so good, cause on the sides there's this cool loopy design (it's VERY hard to describe!) but it's amazing! I love it sooo much! It's a 1cttw bridal set in 14k gold with 14k white gold accents (the loopy things on the sides!)
Personally I think holiday proposals are soo romantic, but that's just me! Art gave me my promise ring on my birthday (which is a week before Christmas) and I loved it....but of course not as much as I love my engagement and wedding rings!!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I would really like to have anything platinum. The true reality is, my bf is getting his MBA next month and with getting a new apartment, starting a new job, and buying a car (neither of us have one), I really don't expect a ring although I would love to have one.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AOIIAngel
Hootie, congrats girl!!! And your ring is beautiful!!! I am not expecting a ring on christmas, but there is a good chance of one in the next few months......I am kinda hoping! He made an off-hand comment the other day, and said he needed to go shopping!! And I know he knows my style and trust he would pick something beautiful and classy.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:56 PM

Well, I must say all you "size doesn't count" gals are very noble, but that just isn't me. (Why do I get the feeling that nobody will be surprised?) I have a plain round 1 carat solitaire, a very bright and white stone, set in a thin 18k band. My wedding band is a big thick chunky gold thing, can't really describe it, but it closes around my solitaire like a clamshell. Then my anniversary band is a lot like the etoile rings....it is a rounded gold band with three diamonds bezel set in it. My original diamond was an oval shape. I wanted us to shop together but he wanted to do it himself. I stressed to him then that to me, as long as it wasn't nasty yellow or totally obviously flawed, it didn't need to be perfect.....size came first. (I have larger fingers and I just plain like big stones. I think that the largest diamond on a woman's body should always be her engagement ring.) Well he did just the opposite of what I wanted and so when he asked if I wanted to go and look at something else, I jumped on it. So we went with the bigger round one. But I still dream of a big rock, like 2 carats. He always said that this one was my last one, but I know it isn't. He always wanted a Rolex, and I used to act about that the way he acted about big diamonds....but I totally fooled him by buying him his dream Rolex for his 30th birthday. That kind of sealed it (not that getting my rock was the reason I did it!!!! I wanted to make him happy!) and from things he has said, I am pretty sure the 2 carat hunk o' love is coming my way in May. (Plus I bought him his 71 Vette, something else I didn't think he needed, so I'm up 2 to nothing on him)

I love jewelry. My dad has bought me some gorgeous pieces, and Brent actually is pretty good at picking stuff out for me. My most precious possesion right now is my mom's little original engagement ring from 1962 that I had reset....I plan to give it to Paige someday.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

These are pictures of my engagement ring and Weding band. The engagement ring is only .56 carat, but it's nearly flawless and I have small fingers so it looks like a lot more. Someday I will upgrade to a larger stone...

Old 11-26-2001, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Look at the new Martha Stewart Weeding issue, around page ten!

Tiffany&Co. Platnium Princess Cut 2.0+ solitare with matching wedding band....maybe one day?

I don't really need the matching band as long as the solitare is there, but if I have a baby, I need a new diamond for each!

I figure the longer I wait the bigger the rings gets!
Old 11-26-2001, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

ok, this is my dream engagement ring/wedding band

i love tiffanys....
Old 11-26-2001, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I've already posted but...

...wanted to show you what my rings look like! Granted, however, both of my rings are bigger than the ones in the pictures.

Go to:

www.wannabuyawatch.com/indpages/22268.html

and

www.wannabuyawatch.com/indpages/23656.html

Last edited by greeklawgirl; 11-26-2001 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Tracy, you (and your man!) have excellent taste
Old 11-26-2001, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

The ring I want:

A Jeff Cooper Platinum design, with a 1.5 carat emerald-cut stone, sapphire baguettes on either side. But I suppose I'll just take the 1.5 emerald solitaire for the time being...Fiance and I don't have the ring yet, we're waiting until he gets money to buy a really nice one (he wants to buy). We're both sapphire junkies and will probably get wedding rings with sapphires in them. Of course I'd love a ring from Tiffany's, what girl wouldn't, but I'll settle, heehee, for this one.

but I got me a great guy and that's the most important thing.

Last edited by KappaStargirl; 02-19-2002 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AOIIAngel
Ok, where can I go(online) to look at rings? I want something totally original if at all possible, but the only things i can see online are basic solitares. But ladies, all those rings are beautiful. I have a question-did you pick the ring yourself, let him pick it himself, or go together? I want to go together, but I have a feeling Mark will want to go by himself. So how did you do it?
Old 11-27-2001, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

well really I'd rather be surprised, I am all about tradition and picking the ring out myself would totally ruin that for me, takes the whole guess work out of everything ya know. But if it came to dropping some hints though, plantium is the way I would love to go yea know, I just can't do the yellow gold. The Rock it don't matter how many as long as theres one ( a girl has to have her Diamond)
other then that whatever he picks I am chill with
DGPhoney~
Old 11-27-2001, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

IowHawkeye: That is great, it will be my runner up for sure!
Old 11-27-2001, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I just got engaged on November 10th, so this topic is fun! My ring is gorgeous, a .75 karat round diamond which is virtually flawless. It's set in a platinum cathedral setting. .74 karats seems small to some people, but it looks really big on my hand because my hands are TINY. I wear a size 4 ring, if that gives you a clue! As for picking it out, I had nothing to do with it...he took one of my best friends and had her help pick it out. And AOIIAngel, if you're looking for online rings, go to www.adiamondisforever.com. You can create your own ring, or browse at about a billion different rings from a bunch of catalogs. Have fun!
Old 11-27-2001, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
That site is awesome. I swear if I had some money I would buy myself a ring. haha anyways I know then when I get engaged I dont wanna ring that is too flashy something simple in white gold problably princess cut.

Nichole