GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,127
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, asamathattso539
» Online Users: 1,337
2 members and 1,335 guests
asamathattso539, bapitytts7552

Old 06-20-2007, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

The Next 10 Years...

I apologize if this thread has been started in here... I didn't do a search. I know, shame!

As Up and Coming orgs, we are always (or should be ) striving to make our orgs better and stronger. What are some goals your organization would like to accomplish w/in the next 10 years (if you are at liberty to share)?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

for our chapter in particular, some of our long term goals are to increase membership, raise awareness of our org on campus and in our communities, and hopefully raise the money to build a house.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

1 OF OUR MAIN GOALS S TO INCREASE OUR ALUMNI & GRADUATE CHAPTERS. SO THAT ONCE THE UNDRGRAD MEMBERS GRADUATE THEY CAN HAVE AN ALUMNI CHAPTER TO JOIN.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

One of our goals is to increase the amount of Alumnae that stay active after graduation...

And to increase membership of course...as far as any other goals we are gonna take it year by year
Old 06-30-2007, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't speak nationally, but I will speak for my chapter. We'd like to raise awareness in the South about our sorority by increased membership and expansion, and more programming and service. In certain areas, LTO is pretty well-known but that is not the case down here and I'd love to see that change in time.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Increase membership and awareness of us in our region, have annual events that solidify our presence (being that last year we just got recognized our events were all inaugural), expand more in the Midwest; get more alumni involved and have more Alumnae chapters sprout.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Our organization is focusing on expansion, increasing membership nationwide, and raising awareness of LGBT issues throughout society, in addition to increasing recognition of our Sorority.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MsDGP007 Send a message via Yahoo to MsDGP007
Smile

This is my sorority's 10th anniversary year. There's many things we would like to accomplish including (but not limited to):

1) Establish ourselves a bit more on the national level in terms of scope (so expansion)
2) retention, retention, retention
3) Standardize infrastructure...especially as far as chapter operations are concerned
4) Set up a foundation with 501(c)3 status (currently were under 501(c)7 status)
5) Secure a physical office for our National Headquarters complete with paid staff
6) Revitalize our alumna/affiliate pledge programs
7) Forge some concrete partnerships with other non-profits who assist in our sorority causes
8) Join a council (although we're still shopping for one that fits our needs...)
9) Work a bit with greek paraphernalia suppliers on making products for our organization
10) Have one of the DGP sorors run for president of the US (ok...so maybe that may take a little bit longer than 10 years.....)