GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,304
1 members and 1,303 guests
speedsters

Old 11-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
^^^ LOL. Well, maybe he was trying to "proactively cultivate visionary materials."

Or just prove that it really is "impossible to say?"

I guess I'm keeping my 5 bucks. That's good, because I'm going to need it to buy more red Solo cups for the party I'm throwing, which I expect to be attended by many people I don't know, who drink all of my beer, don't say "thank you," and then file a lawsuit against me! Wait, maybe I better keep that $5 for attorney fees....
For the win!
Old 11-07-2019, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

There is a refreshing amount of un-wokeness in these comments. You all have made me think there may yet be hope for our culture.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmaCat View Post

People have a constitutional right to freely associate with whomever they choose. Fraternities are private organizations with specific goals and limited resources. They aren't obligated or able to entertain everyone's whims, and they aren't simply going to disappear because they're not sufficiently fluffing your ego. I agree with the guy who recommended concentrating on the hard work of developing new groups - it's a lot more difficult than sitting on your ass while you lob bombs at other people's efforts, but it'll actually create the kind of results you claim to seek.

I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I have zero misgivings about fraternity culture, but it's absurd and offensive to even suggest that they don't have right to exist and do things their own way. If you don't like them, don't join them or attend their parties. Do the work to find or create the type of organization or social event you'd like to attend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I get so tired of sanctimonious people wanting to run everyone's lives. They know better and we'd all be better if we were just like them. (Eye roll). If you don't like something don't associate with it. If you don't want to join something don't. Until the group you hate does something that directly impacts your life, your objections are not valid.
Bumping because it's pre-Covid, and parts of some posts are worth a read and application into greek situations that have occurred since last November.