GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,565
3 members and 1,562 guests
LaneSig, Sarak24034
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Just Interested... I really hope you are right about Nationals being at each chapter! I'll be in Austin next weekend, so I can find out firsthand!
Old 08-16-2015, 04:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
I may not have my facts right but it is my understanding that every House will have a National representative on site to make sure Panhellenic rules are followed this year and it is their duty to report their own chapter. I got this information 3rd hand so am not for sure if I have it right or that too is a rumor. I think next Tuesday is Convocation so let the games begin.
I also heard about this, from a reliable source.

"We are who we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-16-2015, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Maybe that will help keep them in line.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

I heard that the national reps have been there for the past 2 years. Not sure if that's true.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I think for some chapters, yes. What I understand is that what makes this different is they will be charged with reporting their own chapter's violations to Panhellenic which is a first instead of chapter members of other chapters (Rho Chi, panhellenic members) I think there has been a backlash so this is an attempt to stop it.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

My understanding is that the National representatives from each NPC group will not be at their own house. They will be "working" recruitment at different houses. Visiting, observing, making sure party times and other panhellenic recruitment rules are adhered to. This is not first hand info, so I could have it wrong. Open House is tomorrow, so we'll know soon enough!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't forget to check out utaustinsfl on instagram...the door chants from last year were fun to see and hopefully they will be posting all week
Old 08-19-2015, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag_Sis View Post
Hahaha I know exactly which sorority you're referring to. But yeah, take a seat, ask for some cold water, and talk to your fellow PNMs. Take it as an opportunity to take a break from the heat. I know girls in this house from high school and camp - they won't be offended if you go to the bathroom or ask for something to drink or ignore them. Also, if you're a PNM who has zero connections to this house, please do yourself a favor and "drop" them because if you decide to keep them high on your lists, you're just going to get your heart broken later in the week and you're going to look around and realize that you dropped all of the "lower" houses and now you have no one left.
Alright y'all, so I noticed that my comment on Greekchat has been copied, edited, then posted on Greekrank on the topic pertaining to the dance party in question. I did not post on Greekrank at all, and I would really appreciate if my comments were not lifted and moved to another place where opinions are so vehement. I realize that it was probably to be helpful, but it bothers me somewhat to have people thinking that I'm trying to involve myself in that bash-fest (the whole "shouldn't you be worrying about your own recruitment" when I neve bothered to comment in the first place). As I stated above, I have friends who are currently in that sorority, and they are absolutely wonderful people, very kind, helpful, and graceful. I have no wish to get into an internet fight, so I'll say no more, but I really hope whoever did that does not do it again.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag_Sis View Post
Alright y'all, so I noticed that my comment on Greekchat has been copied, edited, then posted on Greekrank on the topic pertaining to the dance party in question. I did not post on Greekrank at all, and I would really appreciate if my comments were not lifted and moved to another place where opinions are so vehement. I realize that it was probably to be helpful, but it bothers me somewhat to have people thinking that I'm trying to involve myself in that bash-fest (the whole "shouldn't you be worrying about your own recruitment" when I neve bothered to comment in the first place). As I stated above, I have friends who are currently in that sorority, and they are absolutely wonderful people, very kind, helpful, and graceful. I have no wish to get into an internet fight, so I'll say no more, but I really hope whoever did that does not do it again.
You're young so hopefully you can take this as a learning experience about the Internet. When you post something online, it's no longer just "yours" . It's out there and will never go away.

I'm sorry someone copied your post and put it on another site, but that happens.

Sometimes you're better off saying nothing if you don't want what you're about to type to be out there forever.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Let's get it out here now -- be warned about these 3 parties:
Dance Party (Open House days)
Piggyback Party (Day before Pref)
Glitter Party (Pref night)
I've seen references to "Dance Party" before and I was obviously missing something. Can someone link me to any context?

Thanks!

Piggyback Party and Glitter Party sound interesting too.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Let's get it out here now -- be warned about these 3 parties:
Dance Party (Open House days)
Piggyback Party (Day before Pref)
Glitter Party (Pref night)
Ok, I'm a UT grad and I think these "parties" are stupid. There wasn't any of this back in my day. Granted, that was a very long time ago. Sororities do not need these to attract members.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Guess whose daughter attended a dance party yesterday? She said it was awkward, hard to talk, although actives were trying to have a conversation with her and dance at the same time, and she thought it was stupid. Every other house she visited yesterday consisted of conversation, introductions, and fun.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancer View Post
Ok, I'm a UT grad and I think these "parties" are stupid. There wasn't any of this back in my day. Granted, that was a very long time ago. Sororities do not need these to attract members.
It's not to attract members, it's to repel the possible members they do not want. Also to mark their claim on the possible members they do want, even if those possible members don't agree.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

It's still stupid, whatever the reason.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancer View Post
Exactly! Good thoughts!
Closed Thread