GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,753
0 members and 1,753 guests
No Members online

Old 12-27-2007, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
They still represent you and your org so I would think no chapter gets a "free pass" ever. You're so concerned with some random guy wearing your org's name that I would think a brother would be held to an even higher standard.
You truly are clueless.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-27-2007, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
You just said that a chapter gets a free pass for a few years - if I'm so "clueless," then please tell me what that means to you. It sounds like the rules of your org don't apply to them and they get to do whatever they want and that sure sounds like to me, that they can potentially damage the so great reputation that you say FIJI has. Oh, I'm sorry, Phi Gam since FIJI "sounds goofy"

ETA: I'm not the only one who feels that people wearing paraphenalia of an org represent the whole group when they do. Which explains why some say not to drink in letters, etc. Like I said, I would think you would hold your brothers to a higher standard then to let them slide just because they're rebuilding. DTD recolonized at UGA and their standards were even higher than before. Sounds like you're the one who's clueless.

Last edited by SthrnZeta; 12-27-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=92294

For posterity
Old 12-28-2007, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECdomination View Post
I know the current president, and he's a good guy. This spring, he told someone that they would only get a bid if he cut his hair...and he did.

If we're giving free passes, then I have several of our chapters to put on the list.

Oh, and we're working on the jort problem. It's a long process, but the first step was cajorts, and they've been completely wiped out. (cargo jean shorts)
Cajorts... can't say that I've EVER seen those. Its hard to believe that people there would still wear them after being called out by Sports Illustrated. Y'all have some of the unfrattiest GDI's ever.
I would really like to see our chapter there go in the right direction but it takes time. We're still recovering here from some crap that went down in 2000, not a hazing violation or anything but some stuff happened that really hurt us. In the last 4 years though we have come up from being hated to being well respected around campus. Our past presidents have been a big part of that.

Last edited by PhiGam; 12-28-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You just said that a chapter gets a free pass for a few years - if I'm so "clueless," then please tell me what that means to you.
It means that they are currently not as good as I would like them to be. They are making strides though and with time I think that they will come around.
Quote:
It sounds like the rules of your org don't apply to them and they get to do whatever they want and that sure sounds like to me, that they can potentially damage the so great reputation that you say FIJI has. Oh, I'm sorry, Phi Gam since FIJI "sounds goofy"
Hardly. I'm not talking about anything serious here, just the way they are looked at on campus.

Quote:
ETA: I'm not the only one who feels that people wearing paraphenalia of an org represent the whole group when they do. Which explains why some say not to drink in letters, etc. Like I said, I would think you would hold your brothers to a higher standard then to let them slide just because they're rebuilding. DTD recolonized at UGA and their standards were even higher than before. Sounds like you're the one who's clueless.
Another idiotic comment, I am not saying that they can go roofie girls or burn down the student union, just that they don't have a whole lot of respect on campus there right now. There is no way that you could possibly be in a top tier southern sorority and NOT know what I'm talking about.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGam View Post
There is no way that you could possibly be in a top tier southern sorority and NOT know what I'm talking about.
You know, every sorority has its loonies - people who slipped through the cracks, but unfortunately for Zeta, a disproportionate amount of those women seemed to have found their way to GC. There are a bunch of awesome Zetas on here, but a few of them have just ruined it.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
You know, every sorority has its loonies - people who slipped through the cracks, but unfortunately for Zeta, a disproportionate amount of those women seemed to have found their way to GC. There are a bunch of awesome Zetas on here, but a few of them have just ruined it.
I know of one you're referring to (though I don't agree and won't name her) but I would hope that I'm not included in the "loonies" you refer to.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
^^You can't blame her, though, for enjoying being IN the pile-on rather than UNDER it for once. At least she's made a concerted effort to stop poking the bears and thickened her skin to "take it" in good humor, have to give her credit for that...

ETA: This was a response to AF, and SZ, I read it that yes, you were included...
Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGam View Post
It means that they are currently not as good as I would like them to be. They are making strides though and with time I think that they will come around.

Hardly. I'm not talking about anything serious here, just the way they are looked at on campus.

Another idiotic comment, I am not saying that they can go roofie girls or burn down the student union, just that they don't have a whole lot of respect on campus there right now. There is no way that you could possibly be in a top tier southern sorority and NOT know what I'm talking about.
Of course I know all about the "tiers." But your comment about letting them slide for a few years just seemed wrong to me. You talk of being "fratty" (a word not used at my school but that I now know the meaning of thanks to GC) yet you allow some brothers to not live up to these high standards you speak of. Just sounds contradictory to me so I called you on it. Get over yourself and your arrogance. You're not cool cuz you're Greek and the more you have to post that you are on the internet, the less cool that makes you. If you truly want to be "fratty," be more of a gentleman.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
^^You can't blame her, though, for enjoying being IN the pile-on rather than UNDER it for once. At least she's made a concerted effort to stop poking the bears and thickened her skin to "take it" in good humor, have to give her credit for that...

ETA: This was a response to AF, and SZ, I read it that yes, you were included...
I read it that I was included also and that kinda bothered me because, yes, I have made a concerted effort to "play nice" and I definitely learned not to take this site seriously in the least (my recent responses to certain posters should be evidence of that).
Old 12-28-2007, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
Yeah, it's better, but she's still loosing points for arguing with the Fratty.

SthnZeta - you need to learn when to stop. You're not going to change the Fratty's mind, so what's the point of arguing? He's always going to one-up you, because he's willing to say whatever it takes to get you riled up. And he's apparently good at it. So, either ignore him, or when all else fails, try a LOLcat.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

SthnZeta - you need to learn when to stop. You're not going to change the Fratty's mind, so what's the point of arguing? He's always going to one-up you, because he's willing to say whatever it takes to get you riled up. And he's apparently good at it. So, either ignore him, or when all else fails, try a LOLcat.
If you're gonna call me out for continuing to get on his case, then at least include everyone else in the "pile-on." I may be talking at him more than others, but I am certainly not alone. And I love LOLCats - they're like greeting cards, there's one for every occasion!

Since you yourself said I was acting less noob lately, I feel justified in posting this one:

He's a conceited immature little boy and I'm only sorry I wasted as much energy on him as I have. I think I'll just laugh at him without directly responding and also likely laugh at the people that continue to flame him as he deserves.

Good luck on your GC journey, Fratty, maybe you'll learn to be a real man some day. Maybe not.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If you're gonna call me out for continuing to get on his case, then at least include everyone else in the "pile-on." I may be talking at him more than others, but I am certainly not alone. And I love LOLCats - they're like greeting cards, there's one for every occasion!

Since you yourself said I was acting less noob lately, I feel justified in posting this one:

He's a conceited immature little boy and I'm only sorry I wasted as much energy on him as I have. I think I'll just laugh at him without directly responding and also likely laugh at the people that continue to flame him as he deserves.

Good luck on your GC journey, Fratty, maybe you'll learn to be a real man some day. Maybe not.
See, now, I knew you had potential. Good post. You keep this up, and we might have to bring back TEH CULT just to induct you.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
A teachable moment

Quote:
And you "lose" points by continuing to spell losing incorrectly. I've not mentioned it previously, but it's happened in several of your posts, so I thought I'd be helpful and bring it up now.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
And you "lose" points by continuing to spell losing incorrectly. I've not mentioned it previously, but it's happened in several of your posts, so I thought I'd be helpful and bring it up now.
Spelling bothers me too but I've learned not to care so much on teh intarwebs - most people, myself included, tend to think faster than they type and so mistakes are inevitable. The edit button and I are pretty tight.

AF, thanks for the comment. For once, a non-snarky remark. I didn't know you had it in you. *tear* Don't let it happen too often though, people might think you've gone soft, lol.