GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,300
2 members and 2,298 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-15-2012, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile A shopping mall recruitment story!

Hey y'all! I recently went through recruitment and so I thought I'd share my recruitment story! My school has 5 NPC sororities and a good amount of girls that participate in recruitment so I was pretty nervous, but also excited. I'm going to name each sorority after a favorite store so here are the ones I'll use:
Francesca's
J.Crew
H&M
American Eagle
Buckle

Day 1: Philanthropy
I was extremely nervous to begin recruitment because I was the first in my family to try and go greek, and wasn't sure of what to expect.
House 1: Francesca's
The door opened and the girls greeted my group with a loud peppy song, once I was brought into the house I sat down with a current member to make a craft for their philanthropy. The girl was super sweet and we had a lot to talk about especially because she, like me, was from out of state. I was really happy with the way this house presented themselves and their philanthropy was great. The girls seemed really genuine and like they really loved being a part of that house. I left the house feeling much more relaxed and excited about the rest of the day.

House 2: H&M
Once again we were greeted by a loud cheery song at the door. I was greeted at the door by a girl that seemed really sweet but a little more serious than the girls I talked to in the last house. This house also had a really interesting philanthropy that I could really see myself becoming very involved in. The house was gorgeous and the craft was really cute. The conversations with the girls in this house didn't flow as easily as they did with the first house, but I still was interested in this house.

House 3: Buckle
This was the smallest house and chapter of the 5 sororities, and I was curious to see how they would utilize their small space. These girls did a really great job the room that they had us in was gorgeous and the girls were really sweet. I had heard rumors that this was far from a "top house" on campus but I pushed those rumors out of my mind and went in with an open mind, and I'm so glad that I did. The girls were genuine and I could tell that they really had a strong sense of sisterhood. Their philanthropy was also very emotional, and something that I could definitely see myself being involved in.

House 4: American Eagle
This house was gorgeous!! They had their rooms carefully decorated with a lot of little stations to go see and learn more about their sorority. This house utilized their space well and I felt very comfortable. The first girl I talked to in this house was really sweet, but the conversation seemed a little forced. The conversation with the second girl I spoke to though flowed well and was enjoyable.

House 5: J.Crew
By the time this house came around I was absolutely exhausted! The girls I talked to in this house were really sweet but I could tell that they were probably even more tired than I was. The conversations I had with the girls were a little forced and to me they didn't put enough emphasis on their philanthropy. I liked this house but it wasn't really for me.

We were allowed to visit up to 4 houses the next day so on my skit day card I ranked the houses:
Francesca's
American Eagle
Buckle
H&M

J.crew

Thank you for reading day one of my story! More to come
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a HUGE H&M fan so I'm sooo rooting them on!!!!!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt