GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,430
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, samanthaooglet8
» Online Users: 2,466
0 members and 2,466 guests
No Members online

Old 01-28-2008, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Jon and Kate Plus Eight

Has anyone seen this show? I usually watch it on TLC, but I guess its on Discovery Health too. I usually get really annoyed with those shows about big families (the Duggars anyone?), but I cannot stop watching this!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-28-2008, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I know! This is the only "big family show" I like.
It's very addicting
Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Unregistered-

I am so glad you posted this because I was just about to!

I love Jon & Kate Plus 8. They got my attention when I saw "Surviving Twins and Sextuplets" special. I had no idea they got their own series until halfway through the first season.

A lot of people question Kate's parenting style and talk a lot of isht because they think the Gosselins are exploiting their family, but I don't think it's like that at all. They can live comfortably because of the show now. They were able to move to a different town into a bigger house...Kate got to quit her nursing job...and Jon doesn't have to work from 6-6 anymore because he was able to quit his government job and work for Beth's husband.

It's so neat to see the kids grow up. They were 16 months old when we first met them, and now they're three and a half!

Who's your favorite? I like Collin and Leah. Alexis is adorable too when she's not screaming her head off.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:31 AM

I only discovered this show this year. I got my mom hooked on it too. We both love Maddy because she's such a drama queen! Kara is cool because she just does her thing and seems to be the most independent. Of the little ones I like Aaden best because he's such a lil sweet heart.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 AM
Unregistered-

My mom watches it too!

For those who have never seen the show:

http://sixgosselins.com

Jon mentioned that he's half Korean/half Caucasian and the kids really have those Asian features. They're just so darn cute.

I still don't know how Jon and Kate pulled off their 19 hour road trip to Disney World.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 01-29-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 AM

My biggest problem with that road trip is that they left home around 4pm. Who does that? You start road trips, especially with kids, at the crack of dawn. Load the car the night before and strap the kids in their seats while their still half asleep in the morning.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
My biggest problem with that road trip is that they left home around 4pm. Who does that? You start road trips, especially with kids, at the crack of dawn. Load the car the night before and strap the kids in their seats while their still half asleep in the morning.
My family always waited until the afternoon to leave for trips. 1) Daddy always wanted to get in a half day's work before leaving, 2) Momma could spend most of the day getting everything ready to go and packed, and 3) I would end up falling asleep soon after leaving and be out for the night...

Now that I am an adult, our family leaves in the afternoon. I drive all night b/c I am an insomniac. Tank and Max sleep. Then, in the morning, Tank drives and Max plays games/watches tv while I sleep. It works out really well for us.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Jon mentioned that he's half Korean/half Caucasian and the kids really have those Asian features. They're just so darn cute.
Those kids are all going to grow up to be gorgeous.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE this show. And if I had 8 kids, I'm sure I would be screaming my head off most of the time as well! They seem so real-- the actually argue and then make-up like a normal couple. and the kids aren't perfect. I could see myself being friends with these people, as opposed to most of the other big family shows (Duggers, etc.).

BTW, did anyone see the episode where Aiden gets sick and one of the little girls is rubbing his head to help him feel better?

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 01-29-2008, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

We were watching that one last night - and LAUGHING. "He's gonna throw up on your hand."

Disney is now 12 hours away - we start around 4 in the afternoon and drive through the night. When I lived in Houston it was a 20 hour drive - yikes.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
We were watching that one last night - and LAUGHING. "He's gonna throw up on your hand."

Disney is now 12 hours away - we start around 4 in the afternoon and drive through the night. When I lived in Houston it was a 20 hour drive - yikes.
that's the one! I loved that!

Disney is 15 hours for us (although we won't be going for anothe year or two). As for leaving at 4pm for a trip, our 2 year old hates riding in the car so when we do travel we always leave in the afternoon (and we don't let him nap first). That way, he will nap in the car, then we stop for dinner, let them run around for a while and then get back in the car. Then they fall asleep for the night and we can drive in relative peace! in the morning, we are there and we didn't have to survive the torture of the 2 year old awake!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I still don't know how they did the Disney trip. Keeping track of that many kids? I know they brought help, but still....WOW.

Plus the kids are totally adorable. I wish I could have them as neighbors.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 PM

I'm so glad someone started a thread for this show! I love it!

They're probably my favorite "multiple family" just because they strike me as very normal people. I also like that they make an effort to take their kids to do all the normal kid trips like Disney, even if it drives them all nuts in the process!

I agree with whomever said that their kids will grow up to be very good looking.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
That was so funny. Poor guy was sick and just threw up and Hannah and Alexis just had to get into it right in front of him.

Those potty training episodes were also funny. Never have I seen so much excitement for peeing and pooping.

With the exception of Kate's brother and sister/brother in law, we never really get to see Kate's or Jon's immediate families. Kate said in the birthday episode that their immediate famlies are not a part of their daily lives and that's why they have pseudo-grandparents like Nana Janet around. I always thought that was strange. I understand that not everyone gets along with their parents/siblings, and I can't help but wonder if it's the way it is because they just don't want to be in front of the cameras.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
With the exception of Kate's brother and sister/brother in law, we never really get to see Kate's or Jon's immediate families. Kate said in the birthday episode that their immediate famlies are not a part of their daily lives and that's why they have pseudo-grandparents like Nana Janet around. I always thought that was strange. I understand that not everyone gets along with their parents/siblings, and I can't help but wonder if it's the way it is because they just don't want to be in front of the cameras.
I actually ventured to the TLC message board about this show and was scared sh*tless by some of the people on there. Seriously stalker-ish and WAY too critical. But I did learn that Jon's father passed away after the twins and before the 6-pack (and he was part of thier life). As for his mom, she is around but they are not close. Same goes for Kate's parents- they are alive but they are not part of her daily life-- they aren't a part of her brother's life either.

We did meet Gammy (Jon's Mom's Mom) on the 3rd birthday episode.