GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,334
2 members and 1,332 guests
aidanshulzeo560, janesstexxda745

Old 10-19-2000, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Voting

I'm not one to get on a soapbox, but did anyone see the last Presidential debate? I'm a little concerned with a man who is more concerned about the rules of a debate rather than answer a serious question about affirmative action!! I'm telling you all now YOU BETTER VOTE!!!! The main reason for voting is to voice your opinion about the state of this society. If we let that red neck in the Oval Office, than we can kiss a lot of things that we take for granted good bye. For all of those who aren't thinking of voting, remember all of those who gave everything including their lives so that your voice can be heard!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-20-2000, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Frat,

When will people get the message! I learned this moring that some state is going to mail out ballots to increase particiation in the election. All one has to do is complete the ballot and mail it back in.

On another note, I encourage B R O T H E R S and S I S T E R S to know who is running in elections and also what they stand for. Just cause your black does not mean you support advancing our own. Look at one of our Supreme Court Justices and you know what I mean!
Old 10-20-2000, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

It is imperative that everyone go to www.vote-smart.org and put in your 9 digit zip, don't worry if you don't know it you can put in your complete address and it will give you the other numbers to complete the zip. This site, and I am sure there are others will tell you most of the information that you need to vote in the general election on November 7, 2000 in your state. I implore everyone to check out the democrats, I mean check out all the candidates running in your state/area. This election is not just about the presidency. 3 seats are up in congress and they need to be filled by US, that is blacks ...and I know there are some blacks out there that won't work for us but these black women and men will!! If you need any information about voting please contact me and I can direct you where to go and what to do. I am trying to maintain a sane life while still volunteering all my time to get everyone registered (in most states - I think all) it is toooooo LATE NOW!! But I have been working hard to let everyone know this is the time we need to unite no more bull about what we can and should do. Oh and I am appalled to learn that Jehovah witnesses' do not VOTE.. I am not sure where I read this (AKA or Alpha board, one of the two), but this morning it was said that Jehovah's witnesses do not vote. Oh my goodness do they think this RIGHT, this PRIVILEGE, fell into our hands off of some golden apple tree. Please get out and vote...I can't image the state of the United States if the stuttering bush takes over.

One last thing, some say Gore is stiff and he is not like Clinton and guess what, yall are right...he is his own man, and if you think he is stiff, then sit at home and don't VOTE- let bush get elected and see who is really more stiff!! That's it I am off the soap box, I will entertain the rest of this convo in my in-box if needed.

P.S. If you all really care about this election, all you need to do is pass your knowledge on and let folks know we 'all' need to vote, we have said it a million times here on Greekchat, now your family members and neighbors have to hear it.... I have sheets of e-mails that you can pick and choose from, to copy and hand out or post up ..... just do it, no more lying on our butts....we can't win like that!!