GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,932
0 members and 1,932 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2014, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Goodall needs to go!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 09-10-2014, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I have to say that I'm really disappointed by all the FB posts of people saying things like, "The Ravens turned their back on Ray Rice but, when my family and I turn our backs, we will be wearing Ray Rice jerseys" and other things like, "I support Ray Rice." What? What is wrong with people?
None of my friends have been anything but supportive of the decision to fire Rice. I wouldn't be surprised to see that response, though, considering the Ravens' fans gave Rice a standing O at the first pre-season game.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I guess I'm really fortunate that I'm not seeing that kind of BS on Facebook. I think those people are doing you a favor by letting you know that you need to de-friend them (or hide them from your feed if they are family).
Old 09-11-2014, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Ray Rice just flat out needs his ass kicked.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
None of my friends have been anything but supportive of the decision to fire Rice. I wouldn't be surprised to see that response, though, considering the Ravens' fans gave Rice a standing O at the first pre-season game.
I agree with you AOII Angel. It's sad that this is even happening. I also saw a post someone wrote on FB saying that Ray Rice needs to go because this situation has tarnished the NFL. Ummm...No, that reputation wasn't tarnished long before this with Michael Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, or any of the other guys who have gotten in trouble for child abuse, domestic violence, drugs, and weapons---right? Either way, it's just horrible that this even happened and I like how the Roger Goodell (NFL) is trying to be like Mark Emmert (NCAA) as he picks and chooses when to have a moral compass.

Low Flat D, I totally agree with you. Now I know what friends could probably be cleaned from my friend list. It's even more shocking when a majority of his supporters appear to be my female friends.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Adrian Peterson was arrested on child abuse charges. I'd like to hope that these recent events will open up a dialogue about the ways hero worship of professional athletes has become unhealthy and detrimental to our society.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners52674 View Post
Adrian Peterson was arrested on child abuse charges. I'd like to hope that these recent events will open up a dialogue about the ways hero worship of professional athletes has become unhealthy and detrimental to our society.
Thanks. I couldn't remember every person who had gotten in trouble with the law or CPS, though it happened recently. I agree. We need to have a discussion about what should and should not be tolerated.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to preface this with saying I think there's no excuse for domestic violence and I don't support this individual in any way.

However, I've never heard of anybody losing their job over a non-felony - non-conviction (it's a weird legal status he was in but it won't show on his record as a conviction if he meets the requirements set by the court) so... who should be losing their jobs over convictions that have nothing to do with their ability to do their jobs overall? I get it if someone in retail is fired for shoplifting at another store. But, should what happens in your personal life result in consequences by your employer? I have a hard time with this principle in general.

If someone had a DUI but was say.. a computer programmer... who didn't get jail time for it, should that person be fired?

I'm trying to understand when this is ok and when it isn't.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

@AGDee I get what your saying, but as an NFL player he signs up that he's basically going to be a spokesperson for the organization (there is a better word for this but for some reason it isn't coming up) and he represents the Ravens organization as well.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:19 PM

Theoretically, if these jags can't control themselves to the point that they're smacking around women and children, that could also translate to control issues on the playing field, which could result in penalties, lost games, and montary fines. If you want a reason that has nothing to do with morals, that would be it.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Ray Rice just flat out needs his ass kicked.
This ^^^^ right here.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl200413 View Post
@AGDee I get what your saying, but as an NFL player he signs up that he's basically going to be a spokesperson for the organization (there is a better word for this but for some reason it isn't coming up) and he represents the Ravens organization as well.
Bingo. It's just like when any other spokesperson has their promotional contract cancelled after a public instance that calls their character into question.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl200413 View Post
Eff him. He doesn't represent a damn thing but his own sorry azz behavior. That dude is a POS.
Romans 1:16
Old 09-14-2014, 06:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I have to preface this with saying I think there's no excuse for domestic violence and I don't support this individual in any way.

However, I've never heard of anybody losing their job over a non-felony - non-conviction .
If I was that woman's father or brother, he'd have lost a lot more than just his job. I'd be in prison after the fact, but mission accomplished. Punk mofo$&@@""!
Romans 1:16
Old 09-14-2014, 06:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
If I was that woman's father or brother, he'd have lost a lot more than just his job. I'd be in prison after the fact, but mission accomplished. Punk mofo$&@@""!
Lol did you just see the video? I just didn't see any other posts over here from you. That's why I was asking. Too funny. I hear you, though.