GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,302
0 members and 1,302 guests
No Members online

Old 03-12-2008, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

How has your chapter changed through the years?

This is a very open-ended question, but I thought it would be interesting to see what many of you have to say. Maybe you have had relatives who have been a part of your chapter years back or friends that are older or even younger than when you were a sister. I am just tossing out ideas here, but share what you would like.

Has the type of pledge selected (criteria) changed?
Has it grown/decreased in size?
Has the GPA increased?
Is being a legacy grown/lessened in importance?
Are alums more involved/welcomed in your chapter activities?
Has your chapter become a stronghold in comparison to other sororities on your campus?
Has their been a greater/lesser interest in Delta Gamma on your campus?
Has your chapter become more diverse in membership as time has gone by?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
I've noticed two things about my chapter - aside from the fact they have pledge classes now that were the size of my entire chapter, and they have a house now.

Though I've not been back to the school in 30 years, I watch their web site.

1. They've kept up with diversity. We were never, by anyone's standards, a stereotypical "sorority girl" chapter, though those existed on campus. In the early 70s we had a black sister, an oriental sister, a Wiccan, and a Buddhist ... there were some in our organization who did NOT appreciate what we made Delta Gamma seem by that. I'm so glad we did; they were all amazing women. Now, there are all races and ethnicities in the chapter - it truly is multicultural.

2. They seem to have become even stronger academically. Their majors have diversified even more than we did. We ran the gamut from chemical engineering to english horn to creative writing to Urban and Public Affairs; these women often list biomedical engineering and physics, or vocal performance and drama, or whatever. It doesn't appear to my limited brain that anyone could possibly stay on top of that much work, but these are some outstanding women.

I think over the years scholarship has become even more important than it was, and it's never been a weakness of Delta Gamma. Not only my chapter, but most I've seen, not only stress the academics but really put them first.

I'm impressed!