GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,315
1 members and 2,314 guests
No Members online

Old 10-03-2013, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
6am? I'm a morning person but that seems cruel
They have to get it done before girls leave for 8 am classes
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2013, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelpnm View Post
Just so you all know, there was no knock!

Good! Have fun!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Newbie mom here. Sorry! What are the knocks? Thanks!!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpMom View Post
Newbie mom here. Sorry! What are the knocks? Thanks!!
The knocks are from RCs coming to tell PNMs in person that they have been released from recruitment and have no further invitations. They do this privately in their room, rather than in the rush groups.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks so much. That's got to be really rough with a roommate situation... Is that commonplace at most schools? My daughter said her rho gamm was vague about how the cuts are announced... Stressful to be a pnm mom!!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpMom View Post
Thanks so much. That's got to be really rough with a roommate situation... Is that commonplace at most schools? My daughter said her rho gamm was vague about how the cuts are announced... Stressful to be a pnm mom!!
It varies from school to school. Some knock, some call. I've heard of a few places where the PNMs don't find out until everyone else gets the party invite and their envelop is empty. One place put all the PNMs in a circle by rho gamma group and the rho gammas tapped the PNMs without parties on the shoulder... A few of these are much nicer than others.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 PM

Pretty sure KSU is a phone call. I'm sure it sucks to get that sort of a call that early in the AM, but parties start early and the Recruitment Counselors have to get in touch with them before they show up.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I am so beyond excited. All my worrying was for nothing. I got asked back to 5 of my top six, but really all six because after I ranked I wished I had moved my no. 7 house into my top and they ended up inviting me back! I went to three houses today and I go to three houses tomorrow, then rank. I will provide a more detailed update after I rank.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah!! See, we told you to be yourself & it would work out
Old 10-04-2013, 07:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay rebelpnm!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay ladies so I ranked my houses and after I had I realized I had made a mistake. I should have listed peach in my bottom and moved blueberry into my top six, but all did prevail because peach cut me and blueberry asked me back! Here is what I thought of the houses:

Orange: I am falling more and more in love with this house. I loved their skit and completely feel at home here. They really highlighted a variety of things about their chapter and the girls I talked to made me feel so comfortable and at home.

Blueberry: At philanthropy I thought this house was pretty average. Nothing really special but I was excited to be asked back. The girls were sweet and I could see me being friends with them, but not necessarily sisters for life.

Grape: my legacy house. After more thought last night, this house was kind of average too. So I went in knowing that this round would make or break my opinion of them. Their theme was really cool and creative, I just don’t know how much I fit in here. I enjoyed my time there tonight a lot, but I felt more comfortable at Orange.

Lime: This house’s theme was one of my favorites! They were so creative and I laughed through their skit is was so clever. My girl was one of the sweetest girls I have talked to throughout this process and I liked that she was easily able to tell me what the benefits of her sorority were and why she specifically liked her sisterhood. They made me feel like they really wanted me to be there as well which I appreciated.

Apple: I LOVED apple during philanthropy, and had heard so many good things about their skit. But to be honest, I was disappointed. My girl was awkward and the conversation (when there was some) felt so forced and fake. Their skit was good but not as “classy” as I would have thought which made me cautious.

Strawberry: I really wanted to love this house, but I just didn’t. I mean I had fun and it was one of my favorite skits to watch, but I just wasn’t connecting with the girls like at some of the other houses.

I ranked my bottom three which are in order:
1. Strawberry
2. Blueberry
3. Apple

So my top three to return to for Preference in no specific order are: Grape, Lime and Orange.
I realize how blessed I was to get all my favorites back being from out of state. Several of my friends were not so lucky and my heart goes out to them!
Tomorrow knocks come at 8 am. We find out our schedules at 1pm, and rounds start at 2!

Last edited by rebelpnm; 10-04-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I am SURE that you won't get "the knock" so don't worry about it. Get a good night's sleep. I really hope that you get your favorites for Pref!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Fingers crossed for you.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoping you get your top 3 for pref. Keep an open mind. Look around during the parties to see who your pledge sisters may be.

And most of all, remember that preference round is when most women find that "fit" or "ah-ha" moment.

I like that you commented on the skits but really focused on conversations ( or lack of).

Again, sending positive thoughts to you and your dorm mates.