GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,842
2 members and 1,840 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 06-13-2011, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I read the spoilers, even tough I'm only through watching episode 5. I'll get caught up.

Drole... I KNEW Ned would die! I totally called it. I'm not expecting Drogo to die though. Maybe they'll twist the series some, like the writers have done with True Blood.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
I read the spoilers, even tough I'm only through watching episode 5. I'll get caught up.

Drole... I KNEW Ned would die! I totally called it. I'm not expecting Drogo to die though. Maybe they'll twist the series some, like the writers have done with True Blood.
You did, it's true, and I doubt they'll change much, Khal Drogo's life (as well as the Starks, Lannisters, Snow and all the rest) is still very much in GRRM's hands. He's a writer for the show as well as producer and such.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

From what I've seen, they've kept really close & accurate to the book though there are sections cut out (for time sake, obviously). This isn't a spoiler alert per say but I will give fair warning for anyone who did NOT watch the preview of next week's episode. Don't highlight the white words if you don't want to know.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

I do think they'll kill off Khal Drogo because based on the preview, we saw Dani standing at what looked like a pyre and she set it on fire. Pyres are usually made to burn a body. *shrugs* That's my guess, anyway. I can't wait but then again, that means the season is over. Boo!

I have preordered the 5th book & can't wait for it to come out next month. I've read the first 3 books but I haven't started reading the 4th one yet. I'm saving it for my trip to Orlando next week. Woohoo!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

This show has blown me away, every single episode is fantastic. I really want to read the books now, but I'm going to be blasphemous and say that I don't want to spoil anything in the show by reading the books...I know, I know, books should trump TV but this show is just so damn perfect!

Peter Dinklage absolutely needs the Emmy. I can't decide whether "Surely there are ways to have me killed that are less detrimental to the war effort!" or "Sometimes possession is an abstract concept," is my favorite quote.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Mike hasn't started reading the books and his comment after watching was, "Now how in the hell are we going to find out who Jon Snow's mom is?" I laughed. I had to break it to him but I'm about to start the 4th book and we still don't know anything about her.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Mike hasn't started reading the books and his comment after watching was, "Now how in the hell are we going to find out who Jon Snow's mom is?" I laughed. I had to break it to him but I'm about to start the 4th book and we still don't know anything about her.
Oh but we think we do. Oh the fan theories...
Old 06-15-2011, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Oh but we think we do. Oh the fan theories...

I have my theory too. I'll PM you. I've read up to the 3rd book so I have an idea but Mike just started the 1st book today so he has no clue.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

No spoilers until tomorrow when people have had a chance to watch it but what did everyone think about the season finale?

I'll post a review & my own theories/opinions tomorrow but all I gotta say is AWESOME!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
I really really want to see a 13 years old kid gets killed. It's so wrong though, ha ha ha.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
I really really want to see a 13 years old kid gets killed. It's so wrong though, ha ha ha.

Agreed. 100% Agreed! Joffrey needs to die NOW! What a wretched human being. I loathe him so much! He's no better in the books either. Probably worse.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Agreed. 100% Agreed! Joffrey needs to die NOW! What a wretched human being. I loathe him so much! He's no better in the books either. Probably worse.
Mr. I don't hit girls but have my men do it for me deserves anything anyone can do to him.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

<<SPOILERS BELOW>>

That whole situation with Drogo made me way, way more sad than it should have. Not sure why. I just wanted to go snuggle my man for a while, but he was trying to sleep and was not in the snuggling mood...

The last scene was awesome. It makes me want to read the books so I don't have to wait to find out what happens!

I honestly don't understand what's going on with Arya. Who is that guy? Why is he taking her to the wall?

I want to put the hurt on Joffrey.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleowl33 View Post
<<SPOILERS BELOW>>

That whole situation with Drogo made me way, way more sad than it should have. Not sure why. I just wanted to go snuggle my man for a while, but he was trying to sleep and was not in the snuggling mood...

The last scene was awesome. It makes me want to read the books so I don't have to wait to find out what happens!

I honestly don't understand what's going on with Arya. Who is that guy? Why is he taking her to the wall?

I want to put the hurt on Joffrey.
You should totally read the books.

That man was Yoren, he left the wall with Tyrion to come to King's Landing and plead for more men, he was instead given his pick of the dungeons. Ned wouldn't have recognized Yoren specifically necessarily but would have known him for a Black Brother and the Starks are one of the few families that still join the Brothers as a choice - see Benjen (unless there's something there I don't know about there) that's a matter of honor to them.

So yeah, he's heading back to the wall and would probably drop Arya back off on the way if it is safe. Won't tell you what happens next
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

My thoughts on the finale & though I've read the books, I won't post any spoiler without warning & they'll be in white so only highlight if you've read the books and/or are curious.

1. Cersei - Sick Bitch! Ewwww! She fathered kids by her brother & now she's screwing her young cousin. Nasty! Just watching the show alone, I'm curious how her storyline in the show is going to go in Season 2.

2. Tyrion - LOVE HIM! I foresee much strategy/comedy with him as the Hand of the King. I still love him for slapping Joffrey earlier in the season so if anyone can keep that brat in check, it will be Tyrion.

3. Sansa - Not one of my favorite females in the series b/c of her attitude (sorry but prissy girls irritate me) however I was pleased to see her starting to stand up to & talk back to Joffrey.

4. Arya - LOVE HER! She's going North & hopefully home. SPOILER ALERT: In the books, one of the boys she's going to the wall with is one of Robert Baratheon's bastards (for those who don't recall, Robert is the dead king presumed to be Joffrey's father). He's the really tall boy that kinda helped Arya after the fat kid was attempting to bully her. Why is this important? Season 2.

5. Jon - The war going on at the Wall is just as important as the war between the kings. His storyline beyond the wall is one that really interests me. Mike is anticipating this one b/c he's been dying to see more White Walkers since we haven't seen them since Episode 1 (the creepy blue-eyed guys in the snow).

6. Dany - It was sad watching her with Khal Drogo, the loss of her baby & husband & her realization that most everyone had abandaned her except some slaves, those faithful to her & Ser Jorah Mormont. Her being found in the ashes with the 3 dragons was just like I pictured it when I read that scene in the book...well, except in the book she was bald. Lol! Not a big deal. After seeing that scene, Mike said she needs more naked time. Her upcoming storyline is by far one of my favorites along with Jon's & Arya's. I'm really looking forward to it.

So now there are 4 kings. Jeez. Lol! King Joffrey (damn brat), King Robb of the North, King Renly (Robert's youngest brother) and King Stannis (Robert's middle brother). It's a war between 4 kings for that ugly ass throne.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I caved and ordered the boxed set of the first four book from Amazon, it was only $20. I figure they will be good to take with me when I am traveling this summer.