GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,493
1 members and 1,492 guests
annetaedarky158

Old 03-02-2002, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day Shirt Slogan

Hey guys!! Does anyone have any cute ideas for a Bid Day shirt slogan?? We usually try and do something cute and meaningful for the bid shirt- last year we had "individually unique, together complete." I think our theme may be a city theme-- New Orleans (Mardi Gras, New York coffee shop and an evening in Paris). Any help would be awesome!!

-Sara-
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-03-2002, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FAURecruitment
Hey Sara

I have a lot of catalogs which I have been going through for Recruitment shirts and slogans. I will look in there to see if there are any goods ones and I will bring them to you at the next Panhellenic Meeting. Good Luck and I will talk to you later.

Cara
Old 03-03-2002, 11:21 AM

My favorite Bid Day shirt actually isn't a terribly original design... The front is a picture of an American Express card with "Alpha Epsilon Phi" where "American Express" would go, the date of bid day written out as the "credit card number", and the head of a giraffe where the centurion would go. On the back it says "Membership Has Its Privileges." Like I said, not very original, but cute nonetheless.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw a really cute ZTA shirt the other day - not sure if it was Bid Day, but it would probably work... it said something like "If you're wondering why we're so happy, maybe you should think about why you're not."
Old 03-07-2002, 11:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Go to www.teehed.com! I don't know about their pricing, but it's an awesome site for ideas on recruitment and bid day shirts. They have a breakdown of pricing for different quantities, but you can always print out the idea and see if you can get it cheaper somewhere else. I found great shirt ideas there, which turned out so cool! We had one of the designs done on shirts at another place locally, and we only paid like $8 a shirt!

Good luck

p.s. My favorite bid day shirt is: it's not what you've just become
it's what you've always been. It has this great daisy flower on it and it's gorgeous! Another cute one is this one with a little girl throwing a penny in a well and says "wishes do come true!"
Old 03-07-2002, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Lightbulb T-Shirts

Hey there! Our bid day shirts this year were adorable...we had the green M&M on the back, but instead of M&M, she had KD on her and the shirt says "There's something about the green ones." Other ones I saw...Theta and Company Spring Collection 2002 (like Tiffany and Company). Another one was "Some follow trends, Others create legends. Bid Day 2002." Just some thoughts. I'm part of a really new chapter, so any cute T-shirt ideas are always appreciated.
Jen Gardner
Kappa Delta
Eta Gamma Chapter
Old 03-08-2002, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: T-Shirts

Zetas always have cute shirts... I just saw a Bid Day 2001 ZTA shirt, and on the back it said "Class: It's not just somewhere you go." It was really cute.

Ours this year said "If you're going to be greek, why not be a goddess?"

Oooh! I'm looking at Joe Shirt and I really want one that says "Peace Love Kappa: All you need to make the world a better place" - so cute!
Old 03-08-2002, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

we had a cute logo on the back of our bid day shirts lay year it said:
The best way to figure out who you are is to go to a place where you don't have to be anybody else.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
Quote:
Originally posted by lauren1874
Last year, or the year before, we ALMOST did this shirt, but they were going to be more expensive -- they were ringers in our colors, with "Sigma Kappa" written out in a athletic-team logo style in the front (you know, cursive with a tail) and on the back they said "BID DAY" at the top where the player's last name would go were it a team jersey, and the year (would have been 00 or 01) really big as though it were the number. It was really cute...

Anyway, just a thought. Somebody ought to use it, since we didn't get to.
That's pretty much exactly what ours looked like...baseball tees in our colors, with the athletic script "delta gamma" and year on the back
Old 03-12-2002, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the cutest shirt in a catalog, we didn't use it so maybe someone else can. It had one of those black and white pictures of a couple little girls with their clothes in light, pastel colors (you know the ones I'm talking about, I hope ), and it said something like, "Some women come to college to find their husbands - we came to find our bridesmaids." I thought it was adorable, but I got overruled on the cost factor (the crappy-looking ones we got for free).
Old 03-12-2002, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by AXOLiz
"Some women come to college to find their husbands - we came to find our bridesmaids." I thought it was adorable, but I got overruled on the cost factor (the crappy-looking ones we got for free).
I think that is absolutely adorable too!!! I like my bid day shirt slogan: "All women are created equal, some just make better choices."
Old 03-13-2002, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Our Bid Day shirt last year had "Gone GreEK!" on the back, with the "EK" turned into a Sigma and a Kappa. It was pretty cute and was by far the best one we had. Another year, ADPi had one that said, "Snobby slogans mean nothing unless you have the letters to back it up." A little risque, but definitely cool.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Some risky ideas for bid day shirts that have been used at my school by DG are "Dont hate us cause you aint us", and "Perfection by selection". This year Alpha Phi used the Lucky symbols and theres said "Lucky you, Lucky me to be an Alpha Phi". Gamma Phi's said "What would your other two wishes be?" ADPI's said "Wishes do come true". Theta wear shirts that say "Think Theta, dont think twice", and AXO did the one that said "Conceited slogans mean nothing unless you have the girls to back them up" The 11 sororities at my school always come up with cute ideas.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPiTerp
This semester ours said, "You and me have a better time than most can dream of.... Alpha Omicron Pi, the best of what's around." Last semester we had the BMW symbol with AOII where the BMW should be, and it said "The Ultimate Experience."
I always liked the tri-delt shirt that said "Tri-Delt or don't Try at All." KD had one that said, "If you're not here, you weren't invited." Kind of snobby, but everyone remembered it.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite one that we used said " Chi Omega..so many choices, so few chosen". I thought it was maybe a little snobby, but it was cute!