GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,785
1 members and 2,784 guests
Mooch279

Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 PM

*A good rusher can make PNMs feel comfortable in what can be a very nervewrecking experience.

*A good rusher asks open ended questions that keep the conversation flowing and avoids any question with a one word answer.

*A good rusher exudes confidence that draws PNMs in and makes them want to see more of her sorority.

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-12-2007, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

A good rusher is able to focus on the needs of the PNM and the GLO, and not on her own personal issues (being tired, hungry, cranky, . . .).
Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Focusing on the needs of the PNM and the GLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
A good rusher is able to focus on the needs of the PNM and the GLO, and not on her own personal issues (being tired, hungry, cranky, . . .).
When I went thru "rush" many years ago at the University of Kentucky, I always remember one girl who took me at the first party after a lunch break. She looked great, & she was super-friendly. Then she told me, laughing, that she had taken a nap and had woken up to hear her sisters singing. She woke up, ran down the stairs, and joined the rush line. I looked at her and said that she looked pretty good for someone who had just woken up. Then we both laughed. After I joined that house and she became one of my sisters, I remembered why she had impressed me: because she had been totally, utterly, herself. We always tell PM's to be themselves, but it's also important for a rusher to be herself, too. This way, the PM's get to see the true nature of a girl who may become her sorority sister. BARBINO
Old 06-12-2007, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Try this thread, too

I think a good rusher is knowledgeable of her organization. She's a both a natural conversationalist and a good listener, good at making others feel at ease and comfortable in her presence, and is able to convey her enthusiasm for her organization in a very short period of time.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

if you're not a person who's very comfortable making conversation with other people you don't know so well, i just read a book that, though a bit hokey and cheesy, did have some useful pointers. it's by a woman named leil lowndes and though a bit unrealistic at times, has some great tips in there that anyone can use - it's called how to have a conversation with anyone.

and take heart in the fact that your sisters see something in you that makes them think you'll be an asset to them during rush, even if you don't see it yourself

Last edited by mystikchick; 06-13-2007 at 07:04 PM.