GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,474
1 members and 2,473 guests
navane

Old 09-13-2018, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
Yep, the Gamma Phi house at Bama has a crest in the floor as well. Is this a trend of sorts?
Geez...well, there goes my theory that I figured that one out. Does the Gamma Phi house also sleep about 60? Making my chart also and trying to connect the dots. I know at least one house that also has a crest on the floor, apparently that is not unique.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-13-2018, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
Geez...well, there goes my theory that I figured that one out. Does the Gamma Phi house also sleep about 60?
Sorry, I don't know about that....just what the main rooms look like.

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-13-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Would Grandma please adopt me? I'd like to roadtrip with her!
Old 09-13-2018, 11:44 PM

I have a feeling I know who Crimson and Tide is.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Geez...well, there goes my theory that I figured that one out. Does the Gamma Phi house also sleep about 60? Making my chart also and trying to connect the dots. I know at least one house that also has a crest on the floor, apparently that is not unique.
Upon doing further research, Gamma Phi’s house sleeps 72.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

This is not "Bryant Denney's" first rodeo at Alabama. It's their third iteration, according to IrishPipes: 1932-43, 1988-95, and the current recolonization. Not that the persnickety PNM would think anything of it!
We're all very happy to see them return!

WAIT A MINUTE......"National Champions" is no longer in the mix. They dropped a double legacy?!? I'm so sorry, TriDDDeltgirl!

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 09-14-2018 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
WAIT A MINUTE......"National Champions" is no longer in the mix. They dropped a double legacy?!? I'm so sorry, TriDDDeltgirl!
There’s been so much talk recently about legacies that I had done some Googling about the different sorority legacy policies, and I found this one’s to be particularly interesting, for a couple of reasons:

1) There’s no mention of grandmothers qualifying a PNM as a legacy for this group. So, if TriDDDeltgirl had been in a different sorority, Grandma’s membership would not in itself make DD4 a legacy. Daughters/Stepdaughters and Sisters/Stepsisters. That’s it.

2) The decision to give preference to a legacy is left up to the chapter, which must clearly state their position in their chapter policies. It is encouraged that they include legacies for at least one invitational round, but that is not required.

From the looks of things, National Champions had no desire to keep those particular legacy ties.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
There’s been so much talk recently about legacies that I had done some Googling about the different sorority legacy policies, and I found this one’s to be particularly interesting, for a couple of reasons:

1) There’s no mention of grandmothers qualifying a PNM as a legacy for this group. So, if TriDDDeltgirl had been in a different sorority, Grandma’s membership would not in itself make DD4 a legacy. Daughters/Stepdaughters and Sisters/Stepsisters. That’s it.

2) The decision to give preference to a legacy is left up to the chapter, which must clearly state their position in their chapter policies. It is encouraged that they include legacies for at least one invitational round, but that is not required.

From the looks of things, National Champions had no desire to keep those particular legacy ties.

I work with a DDD and her mother is one also. When my friend's daughter went thru at Ole Miss (neither mother nor grandmother went to Ole Miss),she said her daughter was a double legacy. Now whether or not she knew what she was talking about is another question!
Old 09-14-2018, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
This is not "Bryant Denney's" first rodeo at Alabama. It's their third iteration, according to IrishPipes: 1932-43, 1988-95, and the current recolonization. Not that the persnickety PNM would think anything of it!
We're all very happy to see them return!

It’s okay! My older two girls are Tri deltas!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's another though: as far as I can tell, we don't actually know if DD4 was released by Tri-Delt. It may be not that common, but I have known a few girls who chose to not go back to their legacy house. And I'm NOT asking TriDDDeltgirl to share whether DD4 was released since I think that's personal and private info, I'm just pointing out something else to think about. It does happen so perhaps it did here.

TriDDDeltgirl wrote about her daughter's experience at her legacy house this way: "Apparently they didn't treat her like a legacy, so she admitted she sulked the entire round". So since DD4 didn't think they treated her well enough, she might have ranked them low. Or they thought she wasn't interested (would seem obvious to me if a PNM was sulking) and released her.

Anyhow, we don't need to know, but I did want to point out a different viewpoint.

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-14-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Here's another viewpoint: we don't know if DD4 was released by Tri-Delt It may be not that common, but I have known a few girls who chose to not go back to their legacy house.

AND I'm not asking TriDDDeltgirl to share whether DD4 was since I think that's personal and private info, I'm just pointing out another viewpoint. It does happen.
I highly suspect that she was released. They used to do the call to tell mothers if their daughters were released from their legacy house but Alabama is too big for that. DD4 ranked National Champions low and wasn’t asked back, but that’s what she told me. I highly highly suspect that she was released by Tri Delta, I haven’t bothered pushing the issue though.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Skip the book and just make this a movie lol
Old 09-14-2018, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

TriDDDeltgirl, I knew this was more likely, but I always like to point out another possibility since it seemed like DD4 had such a miserable time there. I've known many a legacy who wanted to chart their "own path" and not pledge their legacy house so they did rank it at the bottom.

At any rate, I look forward to the next installment and I agree with the post about forget the book, make a movie! I could see someone like Emma Stone in the DD4 role since she "does" feisty and rebel really well (like in "The Help"). Grandma would be Julia Sugarbaker with all that sass and wisdom.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
TriDDDeltgirl, I knew this was more likely, but I always like to point out another possibility since it seemed like DD4 had such a miserable time there. I've known many a legacy who wanted to chart their "own path" and not pledge their legacy house so they did rank it at the bottom.

At any rate, I look forward to the next installment and I agree with the post about forget the book, make a movie! I could see someone like Emma Stone in the DD4 role since she "does" feisty and rebel really well (like in "The Help"). Grandma would be Julia Sugarbaker with all that sass and wisdom.
Interesting casting call to find someone to play "a sister whose fingers are all the same length".
Old 09-14-2018, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Interesting casting call to find someone to play "a sister whose fingers are all the same length".
That's why a movie would be so delicious. The houses as DD4 described them, the girls (looks, sorority colors, hand signs) and especially TriDDDeltgirl and Grandma hustling all over Tuscaloosa to handle the stress! I'm ready for it to hit theaters tomorrow!