GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,198
0 members and 2,198 guests
No Members online

Old 07-04-2013, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

So glad you are home!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Would greatly appreciate so nice thoughts for my mom. She's in the hospital right now. She was sitting at home with my dad and complained of weird heart sensations. My dad took her to the ER where they gave her a bunch of tests and some medicine. Her tests have been fine so far (not a heart attack) and she's just gotten to a normal rhythm and rate again. There's thought that it could be related to her thyroid. She has been being treated for hypothyroidism for about 30 years now. I feel better knowing that they have an idea and also that the idea has to do with something preexisting but I hate not being home right now. This is my worst nightmare about moving away. Not to mention that my dad himself had a little fainting spell about 2 days ago. Ugh. Stressed.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Sending thoughts for your mom. Know that odd palpitations, especially racing, if it was racing, can also be related to menopause. During an extended hospitalization, my mom was off of her hormone replacement therapy and started having episodes of heart racing with the sweats. She thought it was her heart and it turned out it was from being off of her HRT. The same thing has since happened to me as I've hit menopause and it scared me out of my gourd. I've not chosen HRT, but I do get those episodes now and then.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 AM

My husband is having oral surgery tomorrow.

Long story short, he had his top two wisdom teeth extracted when he was 19. His parents didn't have dental insurance, so they decided not to have the lower wisdom teeth extracted even though it was obvious that they would become impacted.

A few years back, our dentist informed DH that tooth #32 had to be pulled, otherwise tooth #31 would be endangered. So DH went to an oral surgeon (the same one who pulled all four of my wisdom teeth when I was 19) and had a very unpleasant ordeal. According to DH, the oral surgeon placed his foot against DH's chest in order to get enough leverage to pull.

Now, our dentist has informed DH that tooth #17 has to come out RIGHT FREAKING NOW. DH is going to a different oral surgeon this time. He is freaking out and wants general anesthesia. I called my father to consult with him about the general (he's a retired anesthesiologist), and his immediate reaction was "NO!!!" (His house has a fireplace and chimney. He may actually have physically gone up the flue.) I agree with my father's reasoning - most oral surgeons are not properly equipped for general anesthesia. So, DH gets a local anesthetic, and I will drive him back and forth and give him some TLC.

Please send positive energy towards my husband ... he could use it.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Certainly - can he at least have nitrous oxide?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Hope all goes well, aephi alum!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:56 PM

It gets better. He didn't have the tooth extracted today. They took an X-ray, and it turns out that the tooth is in close proximity to a nerve, and an extraction could damage the nerve. So the oral surgeon is consulting with the dentist as to whether they should go ahead and extract tooth #17, extract tooth #18 instead, or what.

If only he'd had all four teeth pulled back when he was 19, he wouldn't be going through this nonsense today. Ugh...
Old 07-17-2013, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I my contract was not renewed at the end of May. I have been on the frantic job quest since I was told I was not being renewed. (Thanks to budget cuts and political issues.) I have not found a job. I have not had an interview in a month and a half. I send out at least 5 resumes and applications per day, make follow up contacts. I ask that you all keep me in your positive thoughts and prayers that a job will be offered.

Yeah the stress is getting to me. I still am active in the community, but still...
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I left my stats final feeling very apprehensive about the outcome. I sat down to grab lunch and turned on my cell phone. I had tons of notifications. I started checking them and discovered that one of my sisters was killed last evening by her estranged husband. The police are ruling it a murder suicide. Please say a prayer for her family, especially her 10 year old daughter.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I left my stats final feeling very apprehensive about the outcome. I sat down to grab lunch and turned on my cell phone. I had tons of notifications. I started checking them and discovered that one of my sisters was killed last evening by her estranged husband. The police are ruling it a murder suicide. Please say a prayer for her family, especially her 10 year old daughter.
I think I may have seen that in the paper (I still read the online version of the paper back home). I'm so sorry Prayers for the families involved, how awful.

I forgot to update that released my mom from the hospital the next day and she's doing fine. They ultimately did not have an official ruling on what the issue was but they did notice that her thyroid medicine needed adjustments, which they made. She had a check up with her regular doctor before leaving for her business trip/visiting us and the dr. said everything looked good! Thanks for the good thoughts/prayers all.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I am questing for a job. My contract was not renewed. I have not had an interview since May. I have been spending most everyday since May sending out resumes and questing for a job. I am getting stressed and not feeling as if it will never happen. I am single and I am living on savings. Please keep me in your thoughts.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicampbell View Post
I am questing for a job. My contract was not renewed. I have not had an interview since May. I have been spending most everyday since May sending out resumes and questing for a job. I am getting stressed and not feeling as if it will never happen. I am single and I am living on savings. Please keep me in your thoughts.
Sending prayers.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Please pray for the little boy in a custody dispute. I represent one of the parents. We want an outcome that is beneficial to the child.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Prayers for all.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
My mom just called me and told me that one of her best friends, who survived stage 3 Lymphoma 2 years ago, is now hospitalized with Leukemia. My mom is absolutely devastated. Her friend will be in the hospital for at least the next month.

We understand that each person's case is different, but in our minds we keep going back to our 21 year old neighbor who lost his battle to Leukemia back in February.

Please just keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by DreamfulSpirit; 07-24-2013 at 07:35 PM.