GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Theta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,539
2 members and 2,537 guests
LaneSig, naraht

Old 11-15-2005, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

fundraising ideas

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted on here, how's it going? In case some of you weren't aware, we're still a pretty new chapter at UCF (Going on 6 years, and close to getting our 2nd new house which houses close to 30 bros instead of 12, hooray!) so we're not chock-full of tradition, but it's fun because we get to start making our own. My question is, what kind of fundraising do you guys do? We have stuff like car washes and buy-a-Beta auctions but I'm always looking to expand our fundraising to include more fun ideas, new ways to make more money, and start making some of them a regular thing, like annualy, you get the idea. Any suggestions from some of our older chapters, perhaps? I'm more than willing to give anything a shot, b/c chances are we haven't even tried it yet! Thanks, I really appreciate this

~kai~
Ivan -115-
Zeta Psi
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-15-2005, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

I guess my question, and the type of advice I can give will be dependent on finding out what you are raising funds for...is this just to supplement the chapter budget, or a specific goal (like improvements to your house, a specific party/event, etc.)?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

It's mostly to benefit the chapter fund, I'm trying to help save up for this huge social we have in the works, however if I get a ton of money, a lot of it would go towards improving the new house we're going to get. I'd have no problems saying that "a portion of the proceeds is going to benefit our philanthropy", which I'm sure would incite more people to help with donations. Obviously, I would actually give a portion of the proceeds. No need to get in trouble for lying lol.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

A suggestion I'd like to make, is get in with your local Arena or Stadium, and try to contract XXX amount of brothers, per home game (or event), for XXX amount of dollars. For example, the undergrads of my chapter, work every Packer home game. They send 6 guys per game, and make $300 (or so) for that game, for cleaning ketchup stands....easy money, fun event...etc.

So, if you have a large chapter, you can say: "we need 10 guys per home game, and everyone needs to work at least 2 games. All money earned, goes to the chapter". We did this for years, and literally earned lots of cash.

Also, you could do a brick fundraiser for the new house. "Buy an engraved brick for $200, and you can put your name on our walk-of-fame".
Old 11-15-2005, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
We have pledges/brothers (mostly pledges) work football games selling programs.

It's through the Army ROTC dept. and it only takes like two hours max. We've made between 500-1200 per game.